Complete - [TRIO]Consolation of Philosophy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No rush. I know you have a lot of other stuff on your plate. Thanks for the update!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

And I am here sticking around whenever I am needed. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, here is Book 1.
I did include footnotes, but nothing else in way of intro or outro or side notes. I think that is what we had discussed, but if I need to change anything, just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/consolationofphilosophy_boethius,_1_128kb.mp3 23:08
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No, footnotes are not necessary. Kevin will read the footnotes, as well as intros and headings. Don't worry about it though. I'll try to PL tomorrow or the next day. If there's nothing else, then I'll just remove the footnotes myself while editing. I'll let you know! Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great work, Larry! This was a lot! If I recall rightly, you won't have quite this much of a load again until we get to Book 5, if then. :)

I do have a few notes for you. Mostly spacing, which I would have been happy to take care of if that had been all, but there are a few minor slips here and there to clean up as well.

1:40 Space here to insert section heading.
2:54-3:04 This footnote can be replaced with a space.
4:48 Space here to insert section heading.
5:27 Space here to insert section heading.
6:07 Missing line: "she asked."
6:31 Tiny word change here which changes the meaning. Text reads: "... as your sure resting-place in my house?" I hear "... as your sure resting-place in any house?"
6:55-7:03 This footnote can be replaced with a space.
8:35-8:46 This footnote can be replaced with a space.
10:03 Missing word in this sentence (underlined): "Think you that I have raised up against myself bitter and great quarrels enough?"
15:39 Slight word change. Text reads: "... condemned to death and the confiscation of my property..." I hear "... condemned to death for the confiscation of my property..."
16:44-16:50 This footnote can be replaced with a space.
17:35 This one is optional, but I believe "deserts" here should be stressed on the second syllable, as in the phrase "to get their just deserts." In context, it is "that which one deserves."
19:00 Space here to insert section heading.
21:23 Space here to insert section heading.

EDIT: Oh yes, and somehow you snuck in an extra comma into the file name. As you know, that's not really crucial to a DR reading, as it will be renamed, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kevin, in case you've already started recording it, please note that I have added a line in your script for Book 5. There is a footnote in Prose 4 that I left out originally, but decided to include after all.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: February 6th, 2020, 5:53 pm Kevin, in case you've already started recording it, please note that I have added a line in your script for Book 5. There is a footnote in Prose 4 that I left out originally, but decided to include after all.
Okay. Got it!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I have uploaded all of Philosophy's words of wisdom. Maybe when I edit, I will actually begin to understand all of them. :wink:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boethius_narrator_book05.mp3

I 'anglicized' (butchered) 'stoa poikile.' I can re-do it if you wish.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: February 25th, 2020, 1:01 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boethius_narrator_book05.mp3

Thanks Kevin! I'm not worried about the pronunciation of it. I'm sure that's not how it would have been pronounced, but I'm also sure that I don't know Latin and am not qualified to coach you on it! :lol: So I've marked it PL ok. :thumbs:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: February 25th, 2020, 7:19 pm
KevinS wrote: February 25th, 2020, 1:01 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boethius_narrator_book05.mp3

Thanks Kevin! I'm not worried about the pronunciation of it. I'm sure that's not how it would have been pronounced, but I'm also sure that I don't know Latin and am not qualified to coach you on it! :lol: So I've marked it PL ok. :thumbs:
I'm going to try to get the rest of these done tomorrow. (Hahaha! Then again...)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Book 3 --- Narrator

I did my best with the names.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boethius_narrator_book03.mp3
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Do you mind if I re-do all of Book 1 narrator? I think I would have trouble editing in all the correct pronunciations of Boethius.