Complete - [TRIO]Consolation of Philosophy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, although it's not part of Boethius's work, I'd like to also include the Appendix and Editorial Note, found at the end, pp. 170-175. There is a lot of good information here. I'd be happy for either Larry or Kevin to record these pages, but if neither of them wishes to, I will gladly read them myself.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:18 pm Also, although it's not part of Boethius's work, I'd like to also include the Appendix and Editorial Note, found at the end, pp. 170-175. There is a lot of good information here. I'd be happy for either Larry or Kevin to record these pages, but if neither of them wishes to, I will gladly read them myself.
Like I say, just tell me what to do. If all goes to plan, I can begin at the bell ringing of the new year.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mightyfelix wrote: December 25th, 2019, 5:40 pm And Leni, thank you for offering to DPL. I'll go ahead and PL parts as I edit, so if you just PL the final cuts, I think we'll be in great shape!
Sounds fine!
Leni
=================
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:59 pm
mightyfelix wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:18 pm Also, although it's not part of Boethius's work, I'd like to also include the Appendix and Editorial Note, found at the end, pp. 170-175. There is a lot of good information here. I'd be happy for either Larry or Kevin to record these pages, but if neither of them wishes to, I will gladly read them myself.
Like I say, just tell me what to do. If all goes to plan, I can begin at the bell ringing of the new year.
Excellent. Well then, I have added you to the MW, along with links to the two scripts that are already ready. I will have the rest by end of day tomorrow. Let me know if you have any questions or notice any issues with the scripts I've prepared for you.

EDIT: Your Book 3 script is now also ready. I'm not sure whether we will really need "Footnote/End of footnote," for each footnote, since it should be readily understood where each one begins and ends. But since I'm not sure, it would be better to have them in to begin with and cut them later, if needed. I'll play with it when it comes time for editing and see how it sounds.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

First things first, I guess. How are we all pronouncing Boethius?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: December 26th, 2019, 10:05 am Like so: https://youtu.be/mXa3-R4skgI :)
Thanks! I'll soon get started!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

This is just a test. (Unless you like it!)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/consolationofphilosophy_narrator_01_128kb.mp3

I have placed around 5 seconds of silence between segments. This may be excessive, but I've found it helpful to have the segments well marked. As an alternative, I could mark the intervals with a 'chirp' instead.

Please let me know what you prefer, and I will make the changes and proceed in the same fashion for the books that follow.

Feel comfortable critiquing, too. If I'm dragging, tell me. I can pick up the pace pretty easily.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great job, Kevin! The pace is great, and so is the spacing.

The only comment I have is that the pronunciation of Boethius still doesn't sound quite right to me. It should be Bow-EE-thee-us, but it sounds to me like BOW-thee-us. In other words, the "e" should be pronounced, not silent.

However, I won't ask you to change it unless you'd like to. It's still understandable, so as long as you remain consistent with one pronunciation or the other throughout the book, I'm happy. :)

If you do wish to change it, it occurs in this file at:

0:04
0:32
0:45
1:35
3:19
3:30
4:16

Thanks so much, this is great so far!
Last edited by mightyfelix on December 26th, 2019, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: December 26th, 2019, 3:46 pm Great job, Kevin! The pace is great, and so is the spacing.

The only comment I have is that the pronunciation of Boethius still doesn't sound quite right to me. It should be Bow-EE-the-us, but it sounds to me like BOW-thee-us. In other words, the "e" should be pronounced, not silent.

However, I won't ask you to change it unless you'd like to. It's still understandable, so as long as you remain consistent with one pronunciation or the other throughout the book, I'm happy. :)

If you do wish to change it, it occurs in this file at:

0:04
0:32
0:45
1:35
3:19
3:30
4:16

Thanks so much, this is great so far!
I'll make the changes. It's a lazy tongue today!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've uploaded my first two sections and marked them PL ok.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: January 5th, 2020, 10:11 pm I've uploaded my first two sections and marked them PL ok.
That's great. I'll get my work done soon enough. (After all, t's not very much is it?)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Philosophy's role for Book 3 is uploaded. It comes in at just over an hour, so I was right to think I'd need to split that book.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mightyfelix wrote: January 16th, 2020, 7:57 pm Philosophy's role for Book 3 is uploaded. It comes in at just over an hour, so I was right to think I'd need to split that book.
Wow!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in . . . .
I haven't forgotten about this. Recorded Chapter One but will have to do a lot of editing.
Really good stuff so far. I'll try to get it in as soon as I cen.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry