Lynnet wrote: March 27th, 2020, 3:20 pm I have uploaded section 4
PL OK

~ Larry
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

Could I claim section 6 please?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I'm just the DPL, but I'm sure Lynett won't mind my putting you in for this.
Thanks.

~ Larry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

silverquill wrote: March 28th, 2020, 7:09 pm I'm just the DPL, but I'm sure Lynett won't mind my putting you in for this.
Thanks.
:thumbs:
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

tcjsavannah wrote: April 4th, 2020, 7:05 am Here is section 5.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/machinesaveworld_05_leinster_128kb.mp3

20:58
Thank you.
buddhageorge

Post by buddhageorge »

I'd like to work on section 5 if still open.
Cheers!
Buddha
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

buddhageorge wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 6:05 pm I'd like to work on section 5 if still open.
Cheers!
Buddha
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
buddhageorge

Post by buddhageorge »

Lynnet wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 7:58 pm
buddhageorge wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 6:05 pm I'd like to work on section 5 if still open.
Cheers!
Buddha
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Lynne,
Hello! I completed my 1-minute test and received my OK response yesterday. You can put me in the catalog of readers as Brent "Buddha" George. My website is www.buddhageorge.icanvoice.com. I'll read the first post again before I get started and I've been reading through the wiki to get up to speed. Happy to be on board.
Cheers!
Buddha
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

First, this is an excellent recording! Thanks so much.

There are however several technical issues that need to be corrected.

1) The recording must be in MONO not stereo. If you need help converting this from stereo to mono, let us know.
2) The bit rate is incorrect. It must be in 128kb constant. This can be set when you export the file.
3) The volume is too low, at only 84.2 dB. Our target is 89dB with and acceptable range of 86-92 dB
4) The opening silence should be no more than one second (you have 3) and the closing silence five seconds.

If you have questions about any of this or need help, just ask
Upload the corrected file under the same name, then post the link here again with the file length.

Thanks again for a fine recording.

~ Larry
aviolaVO

Post by aviolaVO »

Hi All,
New here. Read that this was 'Open'. Is any still available for recording? Thanks much.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aviolaVO wrote: April 27th, 2020, 5:27 pm Hi All,
New here. Read that this was 'Open'. Is any still available for recording? Thanks much.
Welcome to Librivox.
Unfortunately, you seem to be mistaken. This is listed in the Readers Found forum, and all sections have been claimed.
I suggest you look in Readers Wanted:Books, Readers Wanted: Short Works or Dramatic Readings (which are like plays... you take on a role and read all the lines for your character). The fortnightly poetry is a good place to get started (look in Short Works), even if you’re not a big poetry person.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

Your actually requested Section SIX and you in fact did record that section, the last for the book.

SO, you will also have to record a new intro and outro to say Section 6, then upload it as 06 when you have all of the corrections made.
Let us know if you need any help with any of this. Other than this item, it's just technical stuff.

~ Larry
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

silverquill wrote: April 30th, 2020, 8:38 pm

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

Your actually requested Section SIX and you in fact did record that section, the last for the book.

SO, you will also have to record a new intro and outro to say Section 6, then upload it as 06 when you have all of the corrections made.
Let us know if you need any help with any of this. Other than this item, it's just technical stuff.
Hi Larry. My apologies for the technical screwups - I have re-uploaded Section 6 with the new intro/outtro, and at (I hope) the proper technical specs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/machinesaveworld_06_leinster_128kb.mp3
20:57