Post by johng »

14-15 done
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
johng

Post by johng »

Note:
I have taken #16 OUT of the line up...the "Fencers" story (A GALA NIGHT AT THE FENCERS-November 21, 1893 )had one mention of Twain...at the bottom, and only as someone who attended....interesting story...but...

16-19 are done
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Are you planning on editing the source text document to remove that section? I could on the copy you uploaded, but it entails changing the section numbers on all the following articles, so if you're in there doing other things, you might as well do this, too.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote: January 7th, 2020, 8:57 am Are you planning on editing the source text document to remove that section? I could on the copy you uploaded, but it entails changing the section numbers on all the following articles, so if you're in there doing other things, you might as well do this, too.
What's the point? Can't one just skip an article that is not listed in the MW? I won't have any trouble doing that as DPL.
msfry

Post by msfry »

8 9 10 11 12 and 14 are all PL OK

2:24 and from blocks, delete and
Rattling sounds in the Outro

Suggestion: It is beginning to stand out as unnecessary repetiton for you to say the Title, by John Greenman, then repeat the Title. You also repeat the long project title twice within the first 15 seconds. Not much can be done about Vol 1 and 2, but from 3 on (a verrry considddderable nummmmber of articles, as Mark would say), I hope you will consider paring down the intro to avoid these repetitions:

EXAMPLE:
Section 13 of Mark Twain in the New York Times, Part 3, 1890 to 1899. This LV recording is in the PD, read by John Greenman. November 1st 1993, S. L. Clemens Tired Of Business . . . . read article

Ahhh!
johng

Post by johng »

TriciaG wrote: January 7th, 2020, 8:57 am Are you planning on editing the source text document to remove that section? I could on the copy you uploaded, but it entails changing the section numbers on all the following articles, so if you're in there doing other things, you might as well do this, too.
I’ve updated the MW (Except i haven’t erased section 51) and will send in an updated zipped file of the sources.
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
johng

Post by johng »

I’ve updated the MW (Except i haven’t erased section 51) and will send in an updated zipped file of the sources.
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
johng

Post by johng »

msfry wrote: January 7th, 2020, 10:03 am
What's the point? Can't one just skip an article that is not listed in the MW? I won't have any trouble doing that as DPL.
Well... as Barbara Schmidt mentioned to me, i’ve found several GOOD articles that she missed and so I’d rather not spend extra time on ones that are really NOT worthwhile. It’s a questionof “time”
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
johng

Post by johng »

msfry wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:09 pm 8 9 10 11 12 and 14 are all PL OK

2:24 and from blocks, delete and
Rattling sounds in the Outro

Suggestion: It is beginning to stand out as unnecessary repetiton for you to say the Title, by John Greenman, then repeat the Title. You also repeat the long project title twice within the first 15 seconds. Not much can be done about Vol 1 and 2, but from 3 on (a verrry considddderable nummmmber of articles, as Mark would say), I hope you will consider paring down the intro to avoid these repetitions:

EXAMPLE:
Section 13 of Mark Twain in the New York Times, Part 3, 1890 to 1899. This LV recording is in the PD, read by John Greenman. November 1st 1993, S. L. Clemens Tired Of Business . . . . read article

Ahhh!
I agree! And I’ll figure out something… I can’t drop my name though, because attributions are being changed and I’m really pissed off about that! So I’ll try to figure something out
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
msfry

Post by msfry »

johng wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:32 pm
EXAMPLE:

Ahhh!
I agree! And I’ll figure out something… I can’t drop my name though, because attributions are being changed and I’m really pissed off about that! So I’ll try to figure something out
[/quote]

Drop your name? Never!!!!! :shock: See red above.

What do you mean, "attributions are being changed"?
johng

Post by johng »

msfry wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:37 pm
johng wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:32 pm
EXAMPLE:

Ahhh!
Drop your name? Never!!!!! :shock: See red above.

What do you mean, "attributions are being changed"?
[/quote]
OK
I like your suggestion..
Do you both think I can just start doing it now....in the middle of Part 3.
I don't see why not...

ALSO...
attributions being changed is something I found, inadvertently, when someone mentioned One Drive as a source for audiobooks and I found several of my recordings being offered but listing someone else as having recorded them!!!
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
msfry

Post by msfry »

johng wrote: January 8th, 2020, 8:18 am
I don't see why not...
Better late than never. However as it is only about deleting and organizing words and not adding any, I could go in and do that for you to make Vol 3 consistent. Might take 15 minutes.
johng

Post by johng »

msfry wrote: January 8th, 2020, 8:33 am
johng wrote: January 8th, 2020, 8:18 am
I don't see why not...
Better late than never. However as it is only about deleting and organizing words and not adding any, I could go in and do that for you to make Vol 3 consistent. Might take 15 minutes.
Not sure what you would change....but I'm going ahead and shortening the intros from now on!!!

Thanks so much!!!
:-)
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
johng

Post by johng »

13 is corrected
and

part 3 (1-Part 3.doc.zip) is uploaded
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
msfry

Post by msfry »

johng wrote: January 8th, 2020, 9:30 am
Not sure what you would change....but I'm going ahead and shortening the intros from now on!!!
I futzed with Section 2 to see if it really would be easy to adjust the intros without additional recording. Listen to this file, first the edited intro, followed by the original.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/marktwainNYT3_02_revisedintro_mtf_128kb.mp3 :52