COMPLETE [HISTORY] The Red Reign: The True Story of an Adventurous Year in Russia, by Kellogg Durland-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 » March 4th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Hi there, I'm a new volunteer/reader, I'd be happy to take on reading chapter three to complete in the next couple of weeks.
Credit: Courtney Miller
Courtney Miller

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 4th, 2020, 6:11 pm

cmiller27 wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 3:03 pm
Hi there, I'm a new volunteer/reader, I'd be happy to take on reading chapter three to complete in the next couple of weeks.
Hi, Courtney! Thank you very much. :) I find this to be a very interesting book.

I am reserving the section for you, but before you do that recording, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board. It is meant solely to make sure your system is set up properly before you do all the work of recording a full chapter. It would be a royal PAIN to have to re-do a whole chapter if something wasn't as it needs to be!

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!

Oh! P.S. - did you want bother sections of Chapter 3, or just part 1 of the chapter?
Last edited by LCaulkins on March 17th, 2020, 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

Gdthornton38

Post by Gdthornton38 » March 4th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Hello,

May I please claim Chapter 3?

Thank you!
Capt. G.D. Thornton

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 4th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Gdthornton38 wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Hello,

May I please claim Chapter 3?

Thank you!
Capt. G.D. Thornton
Hi, Greg,

Happy to have your help! I see you've turned in a test, and if somebody else hasn't checked it for you before I get to my computer in a while, I'll do it. (Can't check specs from my phone)

Chapter 3 was claimed shortly before you by Courtney. Would you like the next chapter?
~Lynette in Colorado, USA (Have had Covid for a week - can do PL, but recording is paused)
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 » March 4th, 2020, 11:07 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 6:11 pm
cmiller27 wrote:
Hi, Courtney! Thank you very much. :) I find this to be a very interesting book.

I am reserving the section for you, but before you do that recording, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board. It is meant solely to make sure your system is set up properly before you do all the work of recording a full chapter. It would be a royal PAIN to have to re-do a whole chapter if something wasn't as it needs to be!

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: [url="https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Audacity_1-2-3]Audacity 1-2-3[/url]

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!

Oh! P.S. - did you want bother sections of Chapter 3, or just part 1 of the chapter?
Hi Lynette, both parts please! Yes, I plan to do the test this weekend and make sure everything's hunky-dory before recording for real, but figured I might as well have something ready to read if all goes well since I'll have set up my work space already :) Thanks for the links and help!

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros » March 5th, 2020, 8:12 am

Greetings
I'd like to claim sections 04 and 05 - I will soon be turning in the final 2 chapters of The Secret City, a work of fiction by Hugh Walpole which takes place in Russia at the outbreak of the revolution, so this, where we have the first hand account by an American who was actually there at that time, would be very interesting for me.
Thank you,
Rita Boutros

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 5th, 2020, 8:41 am

RitaBoutros wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 8:12 am
Greetings
I'd like to claim sections 04 and 05 - I will soon be turning in the final 2 chapters of The Secret City, a work of fiction by Hugh Walpole which takes place in Russia at the outbreak of the revolution, so this, where we have the first hand account by an American who was actually there at that time, would be very interesting for me.
Thank you,
Rita Boutros
Love to have your help here. Yes, I do find it very interesting!

Sections 4 and 5 are already spoken for. Would you like 6 and 7?
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros » March 5th, 2020, 9:03 am

Sure - thank you

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 5th, 2020, 9:08 am

Thank *you* :) They are yours!
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 5th, 2020, 2:26 pm

cmiller27 wrote:
By the way, Courtney, here is the link for your Catalog Reader page: Courtney Miller

This page will list all the projects your name is attached to (both published and in progress), and it has a link that will show you all the sections you're signed up to do, as either Reader or Proof listener (if you toggle between the tabs after you've opened the link).
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

BillTurns

Post by BillTurns » March 9th, 2020, 2:20 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 2:11 pm
I will DPL, except the chapters I record (for which I will advertise when necessary).

Also, I am dedicated to keeping this project from taking longer than a year.
Good afternoon,

I found your call for listeners and have obliged.

Section 00: PL OK
Section 36: PL OK

The recording sounds great, no issues found.
Also, if you find yourself in need of further PL'ing, shoot me a PM. I often have time while at work to listen.

Cheers,
~Bill
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
~Benjamin Franklin

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 9th, 2020, 2:34 pm

BillTurns wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 2:20 pm
LCaulkins wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 2:11 pm
I will DPL, except the chapters I record (for which I will advertise when necessary).

Also, I am dedicated to keeping this project from taking longer than a year.
Good afternoon,

I found your call for listeners and have obliged.

Section 00: PL OK
Section 36: PL OK

The recording sounds great, no issues found.
Also, if you find yourself in need of further PL'ing, shoot me a PM. I often have time while at work to listen.

Cheers,
~Bill
Thanks so much, Bill! Will do - I have 3 other sections recorded, just need to find time for editing.
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

Ciufi

Post by Ciufi » March 9th, 2020, 5:15 pm

I'd like to claim chapter 6, please.

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 9th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Most excellent :) Thanks, Ciufi!
My Sections

Readers Needed:
The Book of Jubilees

Jireid

Post by Jireid » March 9th, 2020, 10:04 pm

I would be pleased to read. Chapter v11, in prison. This would be my first read. Hope I did this properly.
Many thanks