[COMPLETE] [Fictional War Biography] Lay Down Your Arms by Bertha von Suttner - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm ready to catalog when it's PL OK! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
schrm

Post by schrm »

thx for entering the data!
:D :clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

As a listener, I imagine this portion can barely be read in any more beautiful and touching way than you have already done; as your humble PL, I would rather express my trivial feedback on the 17:18 recording for Section-27.

The following two spots are at a little lower volume than the rest. I will wait to see if you still may want to give it one more try.

3:40 - 3:42 "behind these lines"
10:10 "emprise"
13:03 - 13:04 "in the latter case" (the same situation as the two other spots but it fits in emotionally perfect with the tone of the context)

I learned from other comments that it is easier to merge your new recording into the whole if you record the whole sentence, or, wherever a reader naturally takes a pause for breathing, then patch the whole sentence instead of the specific phrase.

And sorry for my slow response.

Regards,
Jessie
JessicaHendra wrote: July 5th, 2021, 1:46 pm Hello! Here is Lay Down Your Arms, Section 27. It runs 17:18.
Thanks!!!
Jessica

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_27_suttner_128kb.mp3
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

So exciting to see my first project getting there. I appreciate all the readers' nice recordings and all the constructive communications among the team!

I will watch closely to see if Jessica will still polish her session or not (which is very beautifully read!). Once it is done, I will PM you a message.

Regards,
Jessie
TriciaG wrote: July 5th, 2021, 5:14 pm I'm ready to catalog when it's PL OK! 8-)
schrm

Post by schrm »

thank you jessie!
:D :clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

Thank you so much for the kind feedback on section 27 part 1. I am so sorry about the volume issues- I would very much like to fix the reading- I think when I patched some errors I made in the first reading I must have done it at a lower volume by mistake. Happy to redo it but I am out of town away from my recording set up until August 3, I can get it back to you by Aug 5th if that is ok. So sorry!
schrm

Post by schrm »

JessicaHendra wrote: July 10th, 2021, 4:11 am Thank you so much for the kind feedback on section 27 part 1. I am so sorry about the volume issues- I would very much like to fix the reading- I think when I patched some errors I made in the first reading I must have done it at a lower volume by mistake. Happy to redo it but I am out of town away from my recording set up until August 3, I can get it back to you by Aug 5th if that is ok. So sorry!
may i offer to solve this issue with helping out and editing it?
i will just amplify the mentioned parts - it is ok, when these parts sound a little bit different.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Thank you both, for willing to try your best to make our project awesomely done and done in time!

I will be happy to PL it again. To be honest, Jessica's reading and recording are already pretty nice!

Best,
Jessie
schrm wrote: July 10th, 2021, 5:13 am
JessicaHendra wrote: July 10th, 2021, 4:11 am Thank you so much for the kind feedback on section 27 part 1. I am so sorry about the volume issues- I would very much like to fix the reading- I think when I patched some errors I made in the first reading I must have done it at a lower volume by mistake. Happy to redo it but I am out of town away from my recording set up until August 3, I can get it back to you by Aug 5th if that is ok. So sorry!
i will just amplify the mentioned parts - it is ok, when these parts sound a little bit different.
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

UPRG11W wrote: July 10th, 2021, 10:31 am Thank you both, for willing to try your best to make our project awesomely done and done in time!

I will be happy to PL it again. To be honest, Jessica's reading and recording are already pretty nice!

Best,
Jessie
schrm wrote: July 10th, 2021, 5:13 am
Amplifying the volume on those parts in Section 27 part 1 that are too quiet sounds like a great fix to me. Thank you very much for fixing it. I really love this book and am happy it will be out there soon for folks to enjoy!
schrm

Post by schrm »

thank you for your understanding and approval!

i tried to level the changes in volume only - but saw some differences in volume in other parts around, which affected my editings.
so, (without using the compressor, which i am lacking skills in usage), i amplified down 5 or 6 louder parts and amplified 3/4 of the recording again to rise the volume to our levels.

the first two changes are still recognizable, the last pl note should be significantly better.

waiting for your pl notes, jessie :-)
thank you!

Track Length
17:18,16 (m:ss.ss)

cheers
w

UPRG11W wrote: July 9th, 2021, 6:12 pm

13:03 - 13:04 "in the latter case" (the same situation as the two other spots but it fits in emotionally perfect with the tone of the context)
JessicaHendra wrote: July 5th, 2021, 1:46 pm Hello! Here is Lay Down Your Arms, Section 27. It runs 17:18.
Thanks!!!
Jessica

JessicaHendra wrote: July 10th, 2021, 11:18 am

Amplifying the volume on those parts in Section 27 part 1 that are too quiet sounds like a great fix to me. Thank you very much for fixing it. I really love this book and am happy it will be out there soon for folks to enjoy!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

I am fully content!!!

Best,
Jessie
schrm wrote: July 10th, 2021, 12:05 pm thank you for your understanding and approval!

i tried to level the changes in volume only - but saw some differences in volume in other parts around, which affected my editings.
so, (without using the compressor, which i am lacking skills in usage), i amplified down 5 or 6 louder parts and amplified 3/4 of the recording again to rise the volume to our levels.

the first two changes are still recognizable, the last pl note should be significantly better.

waiting for your pl notes, jessie :-)
thank you!

Track Length
17:18,16 (m:ss.ss)

cheers
w

UPRG11W wrote: July 9th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Thanks!!!
Jessica

JessicaHendra wrote: July 10th, 2021, 11:18 am

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

shall I continue with cataloging, then?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/lay-down-your-arms-by-bertha-von-suttner/

:clap:
schrm

Post by schrm »

thank you so much tricia!

and: a big thank you to all readers and our dpl jessie!
to my humble opinion, since this was a project i wanted to realize since the first days of my librivox activity:
it is great, to have this book in our catalogue!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Joining the celebrations! :clap: :clap:
Wonderful work everybody!