COMPLETE[PLAY]The Torch-Bearers by George Kelly - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrewStarmer

Post by DrewStarmer »

mightyfelix wrote: July 8th, 2020, 3:18 pm Thanks, Drew, I've just had a listen to both of these. There are some corrections to be made on both before you're quite finished. Both of them are very quiet, overall, except for a few lines which are quite loud. :hmm: I'm not sure what is causing that discrepancy, but it's something you should watch out for. In act 2, some of them are so loud that they are clipped, meaning there is some distortion that can't be fixed with editing. It would sound better to re-record them, but that is only optional, since they're still understandable.

Act 1:

Voice credit at the beginning is cut off. File starts with "Drew Starmer."
Repeated line: "Oh, alright." is present at 1:19 AND at 1:28. The second one is much louder. Please cut one of these.

Act 2:

0:25 Several lines missing. (I think it's because there are two "All right." lines, and you accidentally skipped to the second one.)
  • No, sir.
  • No, sir.
  • No, sir.
  • Hello?
  • All right.
2:50 OPTIONAL Re-record this clipped line: "There’s none on there!"
3:00 OPTIONAL Re-record this clipped line: "Give him a lead-pencil, Ralph!"

Got ya. I'll make those fixes asap
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd

(Although it doesn't matter much for dramas where your file gets taken apart to make the final master for the catalog, please pay more attention to the correct file names as described in the first posting. That will be vital in books etc where your file is what gets cataloged and so it has to be correct from the start. Also, updates should use the same file name as the first upload - the new file will automatically replace the previous file when you upload so the the file links in the MW stay valid.)
DrewStarmer

Post by DrewStarmer »

Act 2 Fixed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/act_2_-_7:25:20,_6.40_PM_.mp3

Hope these work! If the optional fixes are a problem, let me know and I'll send those separately? If that works?

Drew
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd

(Although it doesn't matter much for dramas where your file gets taken apart to make the final master for the catalog, please pay more attention to the correct file names as described in the first posting. That will be vital in books etc where your file is what gets cataloged and so it has to be correct from the start. Also, updates should use the same file name as the first upload - the new file will automatically replace the previous file when you upload so the the file links in the MW stay valid.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Drew! There is still one "No sir" line missing, but I think it will sound fine if Todd re-uses one of them, so I'll mark these both PL ok!

Note to Todd: Both of these are very quiet, although there are a few lines in Act 2 that are rather loud. At about 0:30 in Act 2, there should be three "No sir"s in a row, but there are only two, so you can double up one of them.

Looking forward to hearing this at last! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. Downloaded to complete the assembly and editing.

It'll take a while to complete - these acts are very long: act 1 will be over 2 hours and act 2 at least an hour and a half. (So they will end up as multiple files.)

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. I'll be here. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2, Part 1 ready for final PL. What a riot!

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Everything sounds wonderful! I really like how you stacked the lines, in the places that allow it. I wish that it had been possible with some of the other places, to add to the chaos, but I understand why it doesn't work. I have a couple of suggestions.

42:46 I think we can remove "Twiller, beyond the flats" here. I think it's clear enough without it since he's answering Florence, and it slows things down a bit.

I'm not sure I like ending the section here. It seems like a strange place to pick up for the next part. How do you feel about moving it a few lines later, after "Mrs. Pampinelli smiles approvingly, and moves towards the right."? This way, it happens just as the focus shifts from what's happening onstage to what's going on backstage.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: July 26th, 2020, 5:57 pm Everything sounds wonderful! I really like how you stacked the lines, in the places that allow it. I wish that it had been possible with some of the other places, to add to the chaos, but I understand why it doesn't work. I have a couple of suggestions.

42:46 I think we can remove "Twiller, beyond the flats" here. I think it's clear enough without it since he's answering Florence, and it slows things down a bit.

I'm not sure I like ending the section here. It seems like a strange place to pick up for the next part. How do you feel about moving it a few lines later, after "Mrs. Pampinelli smiles approvingly, and moves towards the right."? This way, it happens just as the focus shifts from what's happening onstage to what's going on backstage.
Very good suggestions, and I did both. Fixed and uploaded again.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent! PL ok! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Glad you liked that. The rest of the Act 2 riot of confusion is now ready for PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And, the first of three parts for Act 1 is ready as well.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I want to listen so badly, but I don't know how much time I'll have between now and Friday. I'm looking forward to it! :D