COMPLETE[ASTRONOMY]Mars and Its Canals by Percival Lowell - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 14790
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 16th, 2020, 9:20 am

wingyanli0903 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 8:38 am
Hello,

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/marsanditscanals_26_lowell_128kb.mp3

file duration: 10:44

Thank you for the feedback, I hope this is a better version. Please feel free to let me know if I need to edit this any further.

Wing.
This is now PL OK.
Thank you.
~ Larry

MichaelKnowles
Posts: 35
Joined: October 19th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Post by MichaelKnowles » June 24th, 2020, 9:29 am

Hi everyone,

Can I get a 1 week extension on section 31?

Thanks,

Michael Knowles

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11983
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » June 24th, 2020, 11:26 am

MichaelKnowles wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:29 am
Hi everyone,

Can I get a 1 week extension on section 31?

Thanks,

Michael Knowles
Yes, you may. Although your claim is good until 24 July already....

Thanks, Todd

MichaelKnowles
Posts: 35
Joined: October 19th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Post by MichaelKnowles » June 25th, 2020, 8:41 am

ToddHW wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:26 am
MichaelKnowles wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:29 am
Hi everyone,

Can I get a 1 week extension on section 31?

Thanks,

Michael Knowles
Yes, you may. Although your claim is good until 24 July already....

Thanks, Todd
Oh I thought I only had 1 month. Funny how easy it is to miss bold red text.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11983
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » July 2nd, 2020, 7:49 am

Section 21 in the MW Ready for PL.

It is amazing how much detail Lowell saw to confirm his grossly off-base interpretation! Lesson for us all.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11983
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » July 2nd, 2020, 7:56 am

RichardFoss wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Hello!

Can I have parts 20 and 25 please?
I have orphaned these claims since he has not been online at Librivox since then nor done the one minute test.

Thanks, Todd

GregGiordano
Posts: 3629
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » July 2nd, 2020, 7:48 pm

Here is Section 23:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/marsanditscanals_23_lowell_128kb.mp3

Run time is 9:39

Take care,

Greg

silverquill
Posts: 14790
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 2nd, 2020, 9:54 pm

ToddHW wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 7:49 am
Section 21 in the MW Ready for PL.

It is amazing how much detail Lowell saw to confirm his grossly off-base interpretation! Lesson for us all.

Thanks, Todd
Yup!

PL OK
~ Larry


silverquill
Posts: 14790
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 4th, 2020, 9:46 am

GregGiordano wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 7:48 pm
Here is Section 23:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/marsanditscanals_23_lowell_128kb.mp3

Run time is 9:39

Take care,

Greg
Good to hear you again!
PL OK
~ Larry

GregGiordano
Posts: 3629
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » July 4th, 2020, 10:10 am

silverquill wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 9:46 am
GregGiordano wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 7:48 pm
Here is Section 23:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/marsanditscanals_23_lowell_128kb.mp3

Run time is 9:39

Take care,

Greg
Good to hear you again!
PL OK
Thank you, Larry!

MichaelKnowles
Posts: 35
Joined: October 19th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Post by MichaelKnowles » July 27th, 2020, 7:39 pm



silverquill
Posts: 14790
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 30th, 2020, 7:31 am

Well, this was certainly worth waiting for!
Nice reading of a fascinating chapter. Faulty syllogism, but then he didn't have all the facts. Neither do we, but we do have a few more.

Thanks again for your skilled narration.
~ Larry

MichaelKnowles
Posts: 35
Joined: October 19th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Post by MichaelKnowles » July 30th, 2020, 2:18 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 7:31 am
Well, this was certainly worth waiting for!
Nice reading of a fascinating chapter. Faulty syllogism, but then he didn't have all the facts. Neither do we, but we do have a few more.

Thanks again for your skilled narration.
This piece was a lot of fun; It felt like I was explaining to someone an idea that I knew was true. I wonder what things we take as fact are as dramatily wrong as Lowell's canals. Although I do feel at least partly convinced that, given sufficient time and the right conditions, a planet that would independently produce plant life would eventually do the same with animal life.

Post Reply