[Complete] Ingersoll on SHAKESPEARE, from the Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3, Lecture 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

Can I please claim sections 6 and 7?

Thank you,
Kathryn
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Kathryn. They are yours.
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded sections 3 and 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3shakespeare_03_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 15:17
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3shakespeare_04_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 15:14

After hearing myself speaking Shakespeare's most eloquent lines, I feel like ripping out my vocal cords with a garden trowel. (Maybe one of the listeners will track me down and do it for me.)
I did my best, but section 4 really needs one of those actors like Richard Burton or Kenneth Branagh or Laurence Olivier.

Sorry to have taken so long.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Kathryn and Bill. I look forward to listening soon.

Bill, don't be so hard on yourself. We're all amateurs around here, enjoying the chance to play with some of the same materials the pros do! And I'm sure the Colonel is grateful that we are dusting off his old lectures! :P
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm Thanks Kathryn and Bill. I look forward to listening soon.

Bill, don't be so hard on yourself. We're all amateurs around here, enjoying the chance to play with some of the same materials the pros do! And I'm sure the Colonel is grateful that we are dusting off his old lectures! :P
Ha! You are being kind, but you have no idea how "froggy" my voice can be when I try to sound Hi-falutin'.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 3
:27 should say Lecture 1
4:01 sucking and drawing up, sucking is truncated
5:15 repeat, it will turn water into ice

PL Notes Section 4
:27 should say Lecture 1 (not Section 4)
1:47 statues and pictures, you say statue and pictures
3:29 characters that might seem, delete might

On both sections, nice handling of all those quote/close quotes. And excellent reading of those poems. Thank you. :thumbs:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 7 is PL OK. Splendid oration and recitation of those poignant Shakespeare lines! Perfect part for you! :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 3,
:25 still says Lecture 3, and repeats Lecture 1. Please say: "Lecture 1, Shakespeare, Part 5"

Section 4 is PL OK

On both files you sped up the tempo. In future please mention tempo changes so I can locate the errors at different times than I stated in my PL Notes, and be alerted to alter the times in the MW. Afraid you may have inadvertently clipped out some text (it happens so easily), I had to listen to wide sections around the corrections to be sure it was all there.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 12th, 2020, 11:16 am Section 3,
:25 still says Lecture 3, and repeats Lecture 1. Please say: "Lecture 1, Shakespeare, Part 5"

<snip>
Section 3 uploaded again

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3shakespeare_03_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 14:36

So sorry! I can see how that tempo change can be confusing for spot PLing.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 3 is PL OK. Thanks.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynette, I believe that wraps up this project. I have edited the Title, summary and keywords, so please use the latest, and I would like to add somewhere under the title (as I've seen it on other projects or in the catalog listing) that this book is part of a series called The Works of Robert G Ingersoll, Volume 3 - Lectures

Cover is ready to go.

Thanks to everyone who participated. It's been a pleasure listening to Ingersoll's words brought to life. I hope others will enjoy it as well.
Please keep an eye out for 7 other books in this series, coming soon.
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

msfry wrote: January 12th, 2020, 10:38 am Section 7 is PL OK. Splendid oration and recitation of those poignant Shakespeare lines! Perfect part for you! :thumbs:
Thank you, Michele. Must say I love me some Shakespeare!!! :lol: