[Complete] Ingersoll on SHAKESPEARE, from the Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3, Lecture 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Hello!

Which section is Literature?

edit....upon actually reading the description, I am to understand that Literature is not yet included?

edit 2
OK OK, now that I've calmed down and understand what's happening here in my little world, I would like to read Section 5, parts 9 and 10.

edit 3
So now I noticed that Section XI is actually printed as IX. A typo! I believe.(am I not the perceptive one?)
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
msfry

Post by msfry »

realisticspeakers wrote: December 16th, 2019, 3:35 pm Hello!

Which section is Literature?

edit....upon actually reading the description, I am to understand that Literature is not yet included?

edit 2
OK OK, now that I've calmed down and understand what's happening here in my little world, I would like to read Section 5, parts 9 and 10.

edit 3
So now I noticed that Section XI is actually printed as IX. A typo! I believe.(am I not the perceptive one?)
Greetings and welcome to my world! Yes, literature will come as a later project. I will assign you Section 5 of Shakespeare. Yes, IX should be XI, (and it comforts me to know other people besides me make mistakes, and can make things right!). :shock:
I believe you are familiar with Colonel Ingersoll, the great agnostic, the magnificent orator. So you know, he doesn't hold back on his praise or his criticism. Enjoy!
realisticspeakers

msfry wrote: December 16th, 2019, 7:02 pm
I believe you are familiar with Colonel Ingersoll, the great agnostic, the magnificent orator. So you know, he doesn't hold back on his praise or his criticism. Enjoy!
I am really looking forward to this.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 2
What a glorious exchange indeed!
I love this line: "He put his scenery in his lines." And I would add that, unlike many a verbose writer, it didn't take him reams of words to do it.

Here a few little things you could attend to.
4:47 And during a period, you say peerot.
6:38 untraversed, you say untraver
9:46-48 Volume drops to a whisper
12:29 added to all that was written before, to is clipped out

PL Notes Section 8
Few can rise to Ingersoll's level of praise, eh! But what does he mean by this? To Shakespeare, "giving was hoarding—sowing was harvest—and waste itself the source of wealth."
:20 End of Intro should read "Lecture 1 - Shakespeare, Part 16
I suspect you recorded this before I finalized the Intro and Outro. Sorry about that.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: December 18th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Few can rise to Ingersoll's level of praise, eh! But what does he mean by this? To Shakespeare, "giving was hoarding—sowing was harvest—and waste itself the source of wealth."
I was perplexed by this myself. But I think Ingersoll means that Shakespeare's creativity was boundless, inexhaustible. That the usual rules for an artist did not apply and that he gained in all his generosity.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I wish I had your attentive ear; I wouldn't make so many mistakes! Sincere thanks to you. I hope these sound better.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3shakespeare_02_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3

14:03

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3shakespeare_08_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3

8:11
msfry

Post by msfry »

2 and 8 are PL OK. Thanks, Kevin.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Please, I'd like to be assigned Sections 3 and 4.
I can get them to you sometime Friday.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: December 19th, 2019, 6:45 am Please, I'd like to be assigned Sections 3 and 4.
I can get them to you sometime Friday.
OK, you're in the MW
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 05
4:04 should say Part 10
10:42 and thereupon makes up his mind to die upon her grave, you say makes upon his mind.

Interesting take on Shakespeare, and interestingly read. Thank you.
realisticspeakers

msfry wrote: December 21st, 2019, 3:59 pm PL Notes Section 05
4:04 should say Part 10
10:42 and thereupon makes up his mind to die upon her grave, you say makes upon his mind.

Interesting take on Shakespeare, and interestingly read. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ingersollv3shakespeare_05_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3
[14:19]

He is such a great read. Almost like your favorite journalist-article writer in the local paper from long long ago.
Disclaimer:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 5 is PL OK. Will you read another?
realisticspeakers

msfry wrote: December 21st, 2019, 9:15 pm Section 5 is PL OK. Will you read another?
really, I shouldn't.
Disclaimer: