COMPLETE [DR] - The Bat (novel), by Mary Roberts Rinehart-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

That would be fun, MaryAnn! :)

On chapters 1 and 2, my earliest recordings for this, I'm wondering if the longer narrator stretches, particularly up front, are too monotone, rushed, squished together? It's a flatter tone than I usually read with, which came about from trying to get into the atmosphere of the mystery. But at this point, I've been in the editing and all so much that I can't hear it with an objective ear anymore.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I'll take a fresh listen and let you know what I think.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Section 1 is PL OK. I think it's flowing well. Great character voices you've got to work with!

MaryAnn
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

yay (and - okay, before I remove the tilde - did you want to DPL all the chapters as they're completed? Or just picking up these two?)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I can do them all. Now that I've started I gotta see how they catch the bat!

M.A.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 1:01 pm I can do them all. Now that I've started I gotta see how they catch the bat!

M.A.
lol! It's a fun book, for sure, and the interplay between Cornelia and Lizzie is highly entertaining.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Lots of good progress has been happening. :)

I figure I'm about halfway finished with the overall editing load! While only two chapters have been "turned in" for final DPL attention, several more have just a wee smidge to do on them, and then another handful of chapters just need the final run-through where I check the spacing between voices and tweak any weird volume jumps I find. The remaining role files that are needed will be coming in this weekend, so steady progress will continue. :)
~Lynette * -
caulkinsh

Post by caulkinsh »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_Dale_3_128kb.mp3

Here's chapter 3 again! I fixed the volume on the mic this time - hopefully the sound level is better for editing this one.
Verbena

Post by Verbena »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

caulkinsh wrote: September 24th, 2021, 4:24 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/bat_Dale_3_128kb.mp3

Here's chapter 3 again! I fixed the volume on the mic this time - hopefully the sound level is better for editing this one.
It worked most excellently. :) Chapter 3 is a cute one!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Awesome, Pat!

One line got left out. You can record it on its own, and name the file bat_bailey_14supp_128kb

Here's the stretch it's in:

Miss Cornelia made one final attempt at evasion.
Cornelia: "Why should that interest you?"
Narrator: she parried, answering his question with an icy question of her own.
It was too late. Already Bailey had read the truth in Beresford's eyes.
Bailey: "I came this evening,"
Narrator: he admitted, still hoping against hope that his cringing posture of the servitor might give Beresford pause for the moment.
But the promptness of his answer only crystallized Beresford's suspicions.
Reginald: "Exactly,"
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: September 27th, 2021, 12:26 pm Here's the missing line from 13 (0:13) .

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/Bat_cornelia_13supp_.mp3
Thank you so much, Ciufi :) You're such a great sport with all these that I have for you! We're making a very cool book, though! I'm almost at the 2/3 point of all the editing!
~Lynette * -
caulkinsh

Post by caulkinsh »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Awesome, thanks! (I sent a PM about one line in ch. 13 that needs a wee correction that does make a difference in the context)
~Lynette * -