Complete-[Politcs/Philosophy]Enquiry Concerning Political Justice Vol1-William Godwin-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Rishabh,
I signed you up for Section 28.
Thanks,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, Amy,

I've uploaded Section 13 for PL - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_13_godwin_128kb.mp3 (8:08).

Thank you.

Tina Ding
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you for Section 13, Tina!
-Amy :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

tding wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:29 am Hello, Amy,

I've uploaded Section 13 for PL - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_13_godwin_128kb.mp3 (8:08).

Thank you.

Tina Ding
This was a very good an deliberate reading of the text, Tina. Well done!
I found a couple of trivial pronunciation mistakes, but I'm not even going to point them out.
This is very complicated text!
I love that last sentence:
"Society is in every state a blessing;
Government, even in its best state, but a necessary evil."

There is a question that Amy should enlighten you and me on: how should the readers handle Godwin's FOOTNOTES? pass over them, or state them in-line. There were two footnotes in this section which you passed over.

Let's see what Amy says about those footnotes.
Meanwhile, your file deserves a PL OK!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Bill and Tina,
It is up to the reader's discretion on footnotes. It is fine to have passed over them.
Thanks,
Amy
tding

Post by tding »

williamjones wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:52 pm

Thank you.

Tina Ding
This was a very good an deliberate reading of the text, Tina. Well done!
I found a couple of trivial pronunciation mistakes, but I'm not even going to point them out.
This is very complicated text!
I love that last sentence:
"Society is in every state a blessing;
Government, even in its best state, but a necessary evil."

There is a question that Amy should enlighten you and me on: how should the readers handle Godwin's FOOTNOTES? pass over them, or state them in-line. There were two footnotes in this section which you passed over.

Let's see what Amy says about those footnotes.
Meanwhile, your file deserves a PL OK!
Hello, Bill,

Thank you for the comment. On the footnotes, I sort of just assumed that they are to be passed over as that was the instruction from another book I read. However, I feel each book is better read with consistency. Since your question wasn't raised until now, I guess footnotes have been included so far. It'd be great if you could give me one example for me to check how footnotes are read in the context.

Also, I'd love to have the opportunity to correct any pronunciation mistakes. So, please.......I'm more than happy to "touch up" on these 2 issues.

Happy Independence Day!

Tina
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

tding wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 8:57 am

Thank you.

Tina Ding

Also, I'd love to have the opportunity to correct any pronunciation mistakes. So, please.......I'm more than happy to "touch up" on these 2 issues.

Happy Independence Day!

Tina
Here are the PL Notes I made:

2 foot notes

6:18.5 Heard "Barbar-I-ous age" s/b "Barbar-ous age"
This is very minor.

6:51 heard: "IN-vince" s/b "EE-vince"
Again, very minor
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
tding

Post by tding »

williamjones wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am

Happy Independence Day!

Tina
Here are the PL Notes I made:

2 foot notes

6:18.5 Heard "Barbar-I-ous age" s/b "Barbar-ous age"
This is very minor.

6:51 heard: "IN-vince" s/b "EE-vince"
Again, very minor
Bill, great catches. I've corrected both places and uploaded Section 13 again for review. Thank you.

Tina
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

tding wrote: July 6th, 2020, 8:19 am
williamjones wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am

Bill, great catches. I've corrected both places and uploaded Section 13 again for review. Thank you.

Tina
A-OK!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, Amy,

I'm interested in claiming BOOK IV. CHAP. III. (Of Political Associations 3700 w). Thanks.

Tina Ding
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tina,
It is yours.
And that fills us up so I will move this to Readers Found.
Thanks!
-Amy :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Bill,
Otiosis is inactive now. I made the corrections to his file. It is ready for spot PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_31_godwin_128kb.mp3
6:39
I hope it is acceptable now.
Cheers!
-Amy
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

alg1001 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:45 pm Hi Bill,
Otiosis is inactive now. I made the corrections to his file. It is ready for spot PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_31_godwin_128kb.mp3
6:39
I hope it is acceptable now.
Cheers!
-Amy
Yep, section 13 is now PL OK!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great. Thanks, Bill!
Jddykst

Post by Jddykst »

Jim D.

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well -Mark Twain