Complete-[Politcs/Philosophy]Enquiry Concerning Political Justice Vol1-William Godwin-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Jddykst wrote: September 4th, 2020, 6:29 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_38_godwin_128kb.mp3

Section 38 submitted, at 24:59
First: Jim, this reading is PL OK!!

Second: A lot of Godwin's writing is complex, but this section is tortuous (to me, at least). You did a great job with it. Kant's book, "The Critique of Practical Reason" is considered one of the most difficult texts to read; but, Godwin's chapter has it beat a country mile. Holy Moley!! I sure am glad that you recorded it and not me.

KUDOS!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Section 28 has been orphaned.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Jddykst

Post by Jddykst »

Thanks, I'll admit it was a bit of a struggle.

I'd like to give Section 28 a try (?)
Jim D.

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well -Mark Twain
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Section 41 - Of Good and Evil

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_41_godwin_128kb.mp3 43:20

This was one of the less complex sections...thankfully!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Jddykst wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:24 am Thanks, I'll admit it was a bit of a struggle.

I'd like to give Section 28 a try (?)
That would be wonderful, Jim. Thanks so much! :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

williamjones wrote: September 6th, 2020, 3:40 pm Uploaded Section 41 - Of Good and Evil

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_41_godwin_128kb.mp3 43:20

This was one of the less complex sections...thankfully!
Thanks for this, Bill! :) I will proof listen soon.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Bill,
It is PL OK. :thumbs:
I will start putting together Volume 2 so I can launch it soon.
Thanks!
-Amy
Jddykst

Post by Jddykst »

Jim D.

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well -Mark Twain
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Jim! :D
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Section 28, Book IV chapter I
Is not only PL OK, but is Super-Duper OK.

Jim, your recitation skills are increasing with every section. It was a pleasure to follow along with you in this section. The pleasure was compounded by the fact that this section is not one of the jaw-breaking, mind-numbing ones coming from Godwin's pen.

The only time I was tempted to bring out the "blue pencil" was when I heard the word "infantINE" and simultaneously saw the letters in the written word. My brain was expecting "infantILE" but that's not what the text has.

All in all, a great reading, Jim. :clap: :clap:
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Jddykst

Post by Jddykst »

Thanks so much. :D The more I read, the more engaging each section became.
Jim D.

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

That's great. I will launch Volume 2 when this is done. :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
Section 39 is ready.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_39_godwin_128kb.mp3
35:52
Cheers!
-Amy
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

alg1001 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 7:01 pm Hi,
Section 39 is ready.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry_39_godwin_128kb.mp3
35:52
Cheers!
-Amy
Will PL right after lunch.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

There is no rush, Bill.
The second volume is up in Readers Wanted now, ready for claims.
Have a wonderful day!
-Amy :D