[COMPLETE] The Complete Confectioner by Hannah Glasse - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

22 PL OK.

Time for a long walk and a freshly made scone. I fear they will soon close the local bakery.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

23 PL OK.
Steve

Post by Steve »

craigdav1 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 5:51 am Time for a long walk and a freshly made scone. I fear they will soon close the local bakery.
Well, over here we're still allowed to get out to take some exercise but not much else. Ever since they pulled the plug (so to speak) on my local swimming pool I tend to take an early morning walk to keep the routine going.

My local bakery is one of the very few independent shops that is still allowed to open, with only bigger stores such as supermarkets and chemists providing essentials on limited opening hours.

How is the Covid-19 pandemic affecting you? Are you under any restrictions at all?

Thanks for PLing 22 & 23 - Section 24 now uploaded.

Also, these scones - Plain, fruit or cheese? I think we should be told!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

24 PL OK!

Your daily exercise sounds very much like mine. I stop at the local shops that are still open to give them some business and to socialize (from a safe distance). Only one open shop has fresh baked scones so I always stop there. I'm partial to plain or with raisins or cranberries. The larger grocery stores only have packaged goods these days. Frankly, they are having trouble keeping their shelves stocked. Today they extended the "stay at home" order until April 30th. It's going to be a long month. The walks and scones do help give one a sense of normalcy.
Steve

Post by Steve »

craigdav1 wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:27 pm Only one open shop has fresh baked scones so I always stop there. I'm partial to plain or with raisins or cranberries.
Ah, scones - for something so inoffensive and yet so appetising - you wouldn't believe the disagreements that they can provoke over here!

First, pronounciation: Should it be pronounced to sound like "cone" or to sound like "scon"?

And if you thought that that was nothing more than a storm in a (cream) tea cup - two counties (Devon & Cornwall) in the far south-west of the British Isles have nearly come to blows over the correct way to serve up a scone:

https://explorer.theday.co.uk/stories/storm-in-a-tearoom-as-scone-wars-break-out-explorer

Just for the record, my preference is for a buttered warm cheese scon. ;)

Thanks for PLing 24 - Section 25 now uploaded.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

25 PL OK.

With just butter is my preference. Thanks for the link. Better than arguing about politics.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for PLing 25 - Section 28 now uploaded.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

28 PL OK.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks for PLing 28 - Section 29 now uploaded.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

29 PL OK.

Steve,
As we are near the end of the book, I just wanted you to confirm that you wanted the "From" information in the title column of the MW to appear on the LV and Archive pages once the book is catalogued. Perfectly fine to include the information.
Dave
Steve

Post by Steve »

craigdav1 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 8:22 am As we are near the end of the book, I just wanted you to confirm that you wanted the "From" information in the title column of the MW to appear on the LV and Archive pages once the book is catalogued. Perfectly fine to include the information.
Yes - I'd like to keep the "From" info please.

In Section 31, Mrs Glasse implies that her distilled liquors are a cure-all for a diverse range of ailments. But tempting though they are, I think that I'll stick to my medicinal glass of scotch. :wink:

Thanks for PLing 29 - Final Sections 30 & 31 now uploaded.

Thanks also for PLing & MCing this project - I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Steve
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

30-31 PL OK. Finished!

Congrats. Rather busy this morning at LV but should get this catalogued later today. Time for my daily walk.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/complete-confectioner-by-hannah-glasse/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Again, congrats!