COMPLETE: [BOTANY] Mushrooms and Toadstools, by W.G.Smith-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cemerson
Posts: 12
Joined: December 21st, 2019, 11:24 pm

Post by Cemerson » January 1st, 2020, 1:21 pm

Can I claim section 6, please?

Also, is there a pronunciation preference for "fungi"? Fun-jee or Fun-guy?

Thanks!
Catherine

CMarvin78
Posts: 14
Joined: December 13th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Post by CMarvin78 » January 2nd, 2020, 4:49 pm

Hello,

Edited, as I did not see someone else previously asked for Section 6.

I would like to claim Section 7of this project please. As this will be my first recording (test has been approved), I would like my name to appear as Carla Marvin in the library catalog please.

Thank you and I look forward to working with everyone on this! :D
"The scariest moment is always just before you start." --Stephen King
-----
CMarvin78

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 2nd, 2020, 11:52 pm

Cemerson wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 1:21 pm
Can I claim section 6, please?

Also, is there a pronunciation preference for "fungi"? Fun-jee or Fun-guy?

Thanks!
Catherine
Thank you!
You have Section 6

You are free to use whichever pronunciation you like - hard or soft "g" and short or long "i". So, that's at least four possible ways, and there may be others . . . .

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 2nd, 2020, 11:57 pm

CMarvin78 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:49 pm
Hello,

Edited, as I did not see someone else previously asked for Section 6.

I would like to claim Section 7of this project please. As this will be my first recording (test has been approved), I would like my name to appear as Carla Marvin in the library catalog please.

Thank you and I look forward to working with everyone on this! :D
Wonderful, Carla!
I have added you to the catalog and assigned you Section 7.

Just click on your name in the Magic Window to see your catalog page.

-- And with that, we are fully claimed. :clap:

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11205
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » January 3rd, 2020, 9:21 am

Awesome, moving this to Readers Found!
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Cemerson
Posts: 12
Joined: December 21st, 2019, 11:24 pm

Post by Cemerson » January 5th, 2020, 8:23 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 11:52 pm
Cemerson wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 1:21 pm
Can I claim section 6, please?

Also, is there a pronunciation preference for "fungi"? Fun-jee or Fun-guy?

Thanks!
Catherine
Thank you!
You have Section 6

You are free to use whichever pronunciation you like - hard or soft "g" and short or long "i". So, that's at least four possible ways, and there may be others . . . .
Here is section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstool_06_smith_128kbps.mp3 (5:47)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Catherine

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 5th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Cemerson wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 8:23 pm
[
Here is section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstool_06_smith_128kbps.mp3 (5:47)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Catherine
Great!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.

CMarvin78
Posts: 14
Joined: December 13th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Post by CMarvin78 » January 5th, 2020, 11:35 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 11:57 pm
CMarvin78 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:49 pm
Hello,

Edited, as I did not see someone else previously asked for Section 6.

I would like to claim Section 7of this project please. As this will be my first recording (test has been approved), I would like my name to appear as Carla Marvin in the library catalog please.

Thank you and I look forward to working with everyone on this! :D
Wonderful, Carla!
I have added you to the catalog and assigned you Section 7.

Just click on your name in the Magic Window to see your catalog page.

-- And with that, we are fully claimed. :clap:
Section 7 has been recorded! https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_07_cmarvin78_128kb.mp3 .
Recording Length: 6:22.88

Please let me know if there are any issues, as again, this is my first one. :D (It did pass Checker, though!)
Thanks,
CMarvin
"The scariest moment is always just before you start." --Stephen King
-----
CMarvin78

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 6th, 2020, 9:00 am

CMarvin78 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 11:35 pm

Section 7 has been recorded! https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_07_cmarvin78_128kb.mp3 .
Recording Length: 6:22.88

Please let me know if there are any issues, as again, this is my first one. :D (It did pass Checker, though!)
Thanks,
CMarvin

Thanks, Carla!

Just two issues on initial check.

First, the file name is incorrect,
Your will always find the format for each project under bullet point 8 of the first where it says:

Save files as
128 kbps MP3
toadstools_##_smith_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. toadstools_01_smith_128kb.mp3)

So, instead of your forum name, put in the author;s name which is smith in this case.

Second, under point 7 you will find this instruction in bold:

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

This one has only about 3 seconds.

So, please add the additional time at the end and upload it again with the corrected file name, and we'll give it a full proof listen.

Thanks so much for participating in this project!

~Larry

CMarvin78
Posts: 14
Joined: December 13th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Post by CMarvin78 » January 8th, 2020, 7:52 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 9:00 am
CMarvin78 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 11:35 pm

Section 7 has been recorded! https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_07_cmarvin78_128kb.mp3 .
Recording Length: 6:22.88

Please let me know if there are any issues, as again, this is my first one. :D (It did pass Checker, though!)
Thanks,
CMarvin

Thanks, Carla!

Just two issues on initial check.

First, the file name is incorrect,
Your will always find the format for each project under bullet point 8 of the first where it says:

Save files as
128 kbps MP3
toadstools_##_smith_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. toadstools_01_smith_128kb.mp3)

So, instead of your forum name, put in the author;s name which is smith in this case.

Second, under point 7 you will find this instruction in bold:

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

This one has only about 3 seconds.

So, please add the additional time at the end and upload it again with the corrected file name, and we'll give it a full proof listen.

Thanks so much for participating in this project!

~Larry
Larry,

I have changed the filename and added silence to the recording. I hope I did it correctly this time. Please let me know after you listen to it if there are any other changes needed. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstools_07_smith_128kb.mp3

CMarvin78
"The scariest moment is always just before you start." --Stephen King
-----
CMarvin78

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 8th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Thanks you!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.

LynnJM
Posts: 48
Joined: November 12th, 2019, 12:20 pm
Location: Easthampton, Massachusetts USA

Post by LynnJM » January 9th, 2020, 1:15 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Thanks you!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
Is there something different with the section 7 file? When I right click to download, the 'save link as' is greyed out and this hasn't happened with any of the other sections. Can you check?

CMarvin78
Posts: 14
Joined: December 13th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Post by CMarvin78 » January 9th, 2020, 9:34 pm

LynnJM wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 1:15 pm
silverquill wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Thanks you!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
Is there something different with the section 7 file? When I right click to download, the 'save link as' is greyed out and this hasn't happened with any of the other sections. Can you check?
I hope it isn't something I did to the file ??

CMarvin78
"The scariest moment is always just before you start." --Stephen King
-----
CMarvin78

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 9th, 2020, 10:54 pm

LynnJM wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 1:15 pm
silverquill wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 11:13 pm
Thanks you!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
Is there something different with the section 7 file? When I right click to download, the 'save link as' is greyed out and this hasn't happened with any of the other sections. Can you check?
Ummm. I copy and paste the URL, but in this case didn't gett the beginning letter "h" so the creates an unworkable link, of course.

All fixed.

LynnJM
Posts: 48
Joined: November 12th, 2019, 12:20 pm
Location: Easthampton, Massachusetts USA

Post by LynnJM » January 13th, 2020, 3:23 pm

Cemerson wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 8:23 pm
silverquill wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 11:52 pm
Cemerson wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 1:21 pm
Can I claim section 6, please?

Also, is there a pronunciation preference for "fungi"? Fun-jee or Fun-guy?

Thanks!
Catherine
Thank you!
You have Section 6

You are free to use whichever pronunciation you like - hard or soft "g" and short or long "i". So, that's at least four possible ways, and there may be others . . . .
Here is section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/toadstool_06_smith_128kbps.mp3 (5:47)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Catherine
Hi Catherine,

All was good except there was too much time in the beginning.

00:00 - please reduce the silence at the start of the recording. It should be no more than 1 second.

Thank you!

Post Reply