[COMPLETE] The Afghan Wars 1829-42 and 1878-80, Part 2, by Archibald Forbes - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Certainly, NateBrei. Thank you!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Faruq

Post by Faruq »

Hello,

May I please read Section 7 Chapter 6?

Faruq
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes, thank you, Faruq!

I see you've already had a 1-minute test OK'd, so you're good to start recording this chapter.

I do need to know what name you want us to use for your public LibriVox Catalog reader page? The system won't let me assign the section to your forum name until we make that.

(some people use their real name, some use their forum work name, and some make up a pseudonym)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Faruq

Post by Faruq »

Thanks very much. I'll just go with Faruq Remtulla

I have one question: in my section there is a notation about an illustration/image. Do I read the notation as part of the text?

Thanks,

FR
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Faruq wrote: March 30th, 2020, 6:09 pm Thanks very much. I'll just go with Faruq Remtulla

I have one question: in my section there is a notation about an illustration/image. Do I read the notation as part of the text?

Thanks,

FR
No, we just completely ignore pictures in LibriVox.

And here you go - the link for your Reader Page: Faruq Remtulla

It will list all the projects that you're a part of, including finished audiobooks and in-progress works. It also has a link to a list of all the sections you're signed up for.

Section 7 is officially yours. :)
~Lynette * -
Polaroid

Post by Polaroid »

I’d like to do 9, Chapter VIII - Maiwand and the Great March.

This is my first one, so I might need extra help. Thank you!
Elizabeth Renae
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Polaroid wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 10:23 am I’d like to do 9, Chapter VIII - Maiwand and the Great March.

This is my first one, so I might need extra help. Thank you!
Hi, Polaroid! Welcome to LibriVox! I am happy to reserve section 9 for you for a week -

Before it's officially assigned to you, though, we need two things:

1 - I'll need to know what name you want for your Catalog Reader page - this is the name the public will see on the audiobooks. Some folks use their real name, or their forum name (the one you've posted with), or a different made-up name. Just tell me what you want used, and I'll initiate your reader page. (Also, if you have a personal website, we can put your URL on it)

2 - Before you do the recording for this section, you will need to do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :) Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette * -
Polaroid

Post by Polaroid »

Hi! My recording for the one minute test (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78994) was submitted and okay-ed. I’d like for my reader name to be Elizabeth Renae.
Elizabeth Renae
jac18281828

Post by jac18281828 »

Hi,

I am available for section 9 if it is available.

John
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Polaroid wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 7:17 pm Hi! My recording for the one minute test (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=78994) was submitted and okay-ed. I’d like for my reader name to be Elizabeth Renae.
What a pretty name! I'm so sorry that for some reason I didn't see this post before now!!!

Here is the link for your very own Reader page: Elizabeth Renae

It will list all the projects you're connected with, finished and in-progress, and it has a link to a page listing all the sections that are assigned to you. Handy little page. :)

And Section 9 is officially assigned for you. Thanks!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

jac18281828 wrote: April 12th, 2020, 12:25 pm Hi,

I am available for section 9 if it is available.

John
John, thank you so much. I don't know how I missed Polaroid's response post, but I just got her reader page made and section 9 assigned for her. If, during the week she's been waiting, she signed up for other things and no longer wants the section, I'll switch it over to you. Thanks so much!
~Lynette * -
merendo07

Post by merendo07 »

Section Ten: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/afghanwarspart2_10_forbes_128kb.mp3 (24:50)

I'm not 100% confident about the pronunciation of "Mahomed Hassan Khan" (last paragraph). If that is wrong or inconsistent, I'll gladly redo the two occurrences.

Also, I took the liberty of correcting two small but obvious mistakes in the script: "Fir Paimal" --> Pir Paimal and another part refers to "cannon" when it should be cannons.
Good to see you! - Ben.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you so much! 10 is loaded and queued for PL :)
~Lynette * -
Faruq

Post by Faruq »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Faruq. This will get PL'd tomorrow. :)
~Lynette * -