LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I hear and I obey, my dear.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Sir Tim act 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_barradell_4.mp3

Reading through the part it never occurred to me to see Sir Tim as a comic character. I suppose he could be played as a self-deluding fool who never had any hope of marrying Ottaline and who everyone laughed at because of his self-delusion. But I just did not see him that way and I cannot very well change the characterisation now. So we will have to stick with what we have. :hmm:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: January 5th, 2020, 9:07 am
:lol: is there such a thing as the Kitty wince test ?

Sonia
Kitty has told me that when I speak French, she thinks of Maurice Chevalier.

But it doesn’t help, she gags anyway. :lol:

At any rate, I will correct the errors in my bit tomorrow.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 12th, 2020, 6:48 amSir Tim act 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_barradell_4.mp3
Reading through the part it never occurred to me to see Sir Tim as a comic character. I suppose he could be played as a self-deluding fool who never had any hope of marrying Ottaline and who everyone laughed at because of his self-delusion. But I just did not see him that way and I cannot very well change the characterisation now. So we will have to stick with what we have. :hmm:
I think you played him excellently, Alan. I found the character had more depth that one would initially think. And the change in the tone of voice you gave him when he explained that he won't intrude on Mackworth's turf unless the affair is over was really craftily done. :thumbs:

All PL ok. Super job, Alan. Loved it.

Thank you

That means Act 4 is all ready for editing as well. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 12th, 2020, 8:58 pm Kitty has told me that when I speak French, she thinks of Maurice Chevalier.
:lol: I never said that ! That must have been someone else ;)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: January 13th, 2020, 2:57 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 12th, 2020, 8:58 pm Kitty has told me that when I speak French, she thinks of Maurice Chevalier.
:lol: I never said that ! That must have been someone else ;)

Sonia
Morris Chevrolet, then?

Chris
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

"Morris Chevrolet" is me saying "Madame de Chaumié" - the low end of the scale for calibrating the Kitty Wince Test.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 13th, 2020, 6:06 am"Morris Chevrolet" is me saying "Madame de Chaumié" - the low end of the scale for calibrating the Kitty Wince Test.
:lol: I shouldn't read such comments while drinking soda...thanks for almost making me choke, Todd.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 assembled. A whopping hour and 24 minutes. Good thing I have the extra "part 1" and "part 2" narration recorded so I can split it - thank you.

And you all sound really great!

Only Act 3 left to assemble, and then I will finish everything off for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I done did Dunning's corrections: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_dunning_3_128kb.mp3

The new-spoken "Pleasure" is the first one.

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 13th, 2020, 8:04 pm I done did Dunning's corrections: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_dunning_3_128kb.mp3
The new-spoken "Pleasure" is the first one.
yay, thank you, Chris. Now all PL ok and this act is also ready for assembling. And the voice credit can go into Act 1.

Now only waiting to listen to it all stitched together. :9: I'm sure I will highly enjoy it.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Working on it!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, Act 3 comes in at 1:32:45, so that's another act that will have to be split....

What a performance by all of you! Stunning. Sorry I am a couple days too late for the Academy Award nominations you all deserve!

Now I have to get everything ready for final PL - which will take a few more days.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The first act is ready for final PL. You are all wonderful in this!!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 15th, 2020, 5:35 pmThe first act is ready for final PL. You are all wonderful in this!!
and I totally agreed. It's a light-hearted start with the luncheon and then goes straight to the heart of the matter with a brilliantly emotional dialogue between Otto and Phil. :clap: Everybody played their roles to perfection.

And the editing was superbly done again, Todd. Wouldn't have anything to change. Straight PL ok. :thumbs:

I see in the MW that you have put yourself in the first act, but you don't appear until the second ;)

Looking forward to the rest.

Thank you

Sonia