COMPLETE Multilingual Short Works Collection 023 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AnasYousef971

Post by AnasYousef971 »

subotin wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 8:30 am There's also the question of using special characters in the Latin alphabet version. It's unlikely that users would use those special characters while searching. I don't know how special characters are handled by the Librivox search engine. If it will retrieve an entry cataloged as "al-Shāfiʿī" when the user searches for "al-Shafi'i", that's fine. If not, perhaps we should use a version without special characters, Muhammad ibn Idris al-Shafi'i, or enter it as an alternate spelling to facilitate search, if that's possible.
Thank you for the valuable detailed input. Indeed, if it is possible to add alternate spellings, or "tags" like in YouTube, that would be search friendly.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

subotin wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 8:30 amIf not, perhaps we should use a version without special characters, Muhammad ibn Idris al-Shafi'i, or enter it as an alternate spelling to facilitate search, if that's possible.
yes I think maybe a spelling without diacriticals would be best. And we can use tags, just give me a few suggestions, and I'll put them in.

BTW, Anas, could you also give me some 2 or 3 tag words which describe your poem ? We always include those as well to say what it is about.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok this is the author page I created now: https://librivox.org/author/14646
it was searchable with simply inputting "shafi'i".

If you want to elaborate a text for the biography, you can tell me, I can still change that.

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hello, here is something in german.

The Autor is not listed by LV.

Autor: Justus Möser (1720 - 1794)
Titel: Über die verfeinerten Begriffe (1777)
Link to the Autors page (Wikipedia/english): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justus_M%C3%B6ser
Link to the Text: https://archive.org/details/smmtlichewerke00abekgoog/page/n261
Year of publish: 1842
Link to the file: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw023_verfeinertebegriffe_moeser_loa_128kb.mp3
Length: 7:50
Language: german

Greetings from Germany. :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: January 13th, 2020, 7:20 pmHello, here is something in german.
wohooo, thank you Bernd :) This was quite an interesting and even funny text, didn't expect this when I read the title. :lol: Very nicely read, I only found one small error, unless my ears are playing tricks on me. Could you have a look there please ?

> at 5:49: (p. 252) "unendlich kleinen Teilchen" – I think I hear "Teilgen", which is not really a word :?

The rest is flawless.

I also created a new author's page for Möser.

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kitty wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:26 am
lorda wrote: January 13th, 2020, 7:20 pmHello, here is something in german.
wohooo, thank you Bernd :) This was quite an interesting and even funny text, didn't expect this when I read the title. :lol: Very nicely read, I only found one small error, unless my ears are playing tricks on me. Could you have a look there please ?

> at 5:49: (p. 252) "unendlich kleinen Teilchen" – I think I hear "Teilgen", which is not really a word :?

The rest is flawless.

I also created a new author's page for Möser.

Sonia
Hello Sonia,

I corrected the recording at 5:49 and re-uploaded it.

Greetings from the Palatinate. :)
Bernd

reader page of lorda

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:09 pmI corrected the recording at 5:49 and re-uploaded it.
yes now you pronounce it very clearly :thumbs: thanks, Bernd, PL ok now.

Sonia
AnasYousef971

Post by AnasYousef971 »

Kitty wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 11:12 am
subotin wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 8:30 amIf not, perhaps we should use a version without special characters, Muhammad ibn Idris al-Shafi'i, or enter it as an alternate spelling to facilitate search, if that's possible.
yes I think maybe a spelling without diacriticals would be best. And we can use tags, just give me a few suggestions, and I'll put them in.

BTW, Anas, could you also give me some 2 or 3 tag words which describe your poem ? We always include those as well to say what it is about.

Sonia
Apologies for the late reply.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by tags, but the poem talks about how one should be sad over some unfortunate events that happen to them, for life is ever changing; one day can be be full of happiness, the next full of sadness. He also urges one to be patient and to persevere. He ends the poem with saying 'let the days do what they will, for no medicine can cure death!"

I could try and translate the piece verse by verse if that helps :hmm:
AnasYousef971

Post by AnasYousef971 »

Kitty wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 11:26 am ok this is the author page I created now: https://librivox.org/author/14646
it was searchable with simply inputting "shafi'i".

If you want to elaborate a text for the biography, you can tell me, I can still change that.

Sonia
The biography is beautifully succinct as it is. Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AnasYousef971 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:47 pmI'm not sure what you mean exactly by tags, but the poem talks about how one should be sad over some unfortunate events that happen to them, for life is ever changing; one day can be be full of happiness, the next full of sadness. He also urges one to be patient and to persevere. He ends the poem with saying 'let the days do what they will, for no medicine can cure death!"

no, no need to translate it all. By tags I meant, a few keywords that describe the poem. For example maybe, "fate", "happiness", life", "death" may be fitting to your poem, if I read your explanation correctly. Let me know if these are fine, or if you think some other words may be better fitting. Doesn't have to be much, 2-3 words is enough.

Thanks

Sonia
AnasYousef971

Post by AnasYousef971 »

Kitty wrote: January 24th, 2020, 12:52 am
AnasYousef971 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:47 pmI'm not sure what you mean exactly by tags, but the poem talks about how one should be sad over some unfortunate events that happen to them, for life is ever changing; one day can be be full of happiness, the next full of sadness. He also urges one to be patient and to persevere. He ends the poem with saying 'let the days do what they will, for no medicine can cure death!"

no, no need to translate it all. By tags I meant, a few keywords that describe the poem. For example maybe, "fate", "happiness", life", "death" may be fitting to your poem, if I read your explanation correctly. Let me know if these are fine, or if you think some other words may be better fitting. Doesn't have to be much, 2-3 words is enough.

Thanks

Sonia
ِAhh OK!
Fate, happiness, patience would be fitting then.

Thank you

Anas
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AnasYousef971 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 3:12 am Fate, happiness, patience would be fitting then.
:thumbs: ok thank you, that's all I needed. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: January 13th, 2020, 7:20 pm Autor: Justus Möser (1720 - 1794)
in fact, Bernd, I would be happy if you could give me a few fitting keywords as well for your text, if possible. :)

Thank you

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kitty wrote: January 24th, 2020, 3:17 am
lorda wrote: January 13th, 2020, 7:20 pm Autor: Justus Möser (1720 - 1794)
in fact, Bernd, I would be happy if you could give me a few fitting keywords as well for your text, if possible. :)

Thank you

Sonia
Hello Sonia,

here are some Keywords for the text: Prose, Analogy, Philosophy, Parable, Satire, Fiction.

Greetings from Palatinate, and sorry for the late answer - I had overlooked it. :oops:
Bernd

reader page of lorda

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: January 27th, 2020, 2:53 pm here are some Keywords for the text: Prose, Analogy, Philosophy, Parable, Satire, Fiction.
thank you, these will do fine :)

Sonia