[Solo] Emily of New Moon by Lucy M. Montgomery - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Thirsch

Post by Thirsch »

[Solo] Emily of New Moon by Lucy M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942).

This project can now be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/emily-of-new-moon-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/
Emily Starr never knew what it was to be lonely -- until her beloved father died. Now Emily's an orphan, and her mother's snobbish relatives are taking her to live with them at New Moon Farm. She's sure she won't be happy Emily deals with stiff, stern Aunt Elizabeth and her malicious classmates by holding her head high and using her quick wit. Things begin to change when she makes friends: with Teddy, who does marvelous drawings; with Perry, who's sailed all over the world with his father yet has never been to school; and above all, with Ilse, a tomboy with a blazing temper. Amazingly, Emily finds New Moon beautiful and fascinating. With new friends and adventures, Emily might someday think of herself as Emily of New Moon. ( Lippincott Publishing 1923)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/emilyofnewmoon00mont_1
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
  • NOTE: Interested in working with DPL. Please post response here.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: KuapH0Xc
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Lucy M. Montgomery) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Maud_Montgomery
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_of_New_Moon
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 33
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known): 1923
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Leanne Fortune
    • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: Pending - Will advise later
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Canada, orphan, emily starr, new moon farm
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of [Solo] Emily of New Moon. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "[Solo] Emily of New Moon, by Lucy M. Montgomery. [Section]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section [number] of [Solo] Emily of New Moon by Lucy M. Montgomery. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Section title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of [Solo] Emily of New Moon, by Lucy M. Montgomery. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename [solo]emilyofnewmoon_##_montgomery_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. [solo]emilyofnewmoon_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Lucy M. Montgomery
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: [Solo] Emily of New Moon

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: philchenevert
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Thirsch on February 3rd, 2020, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
See you in the library . . . . .
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I will set this up today with the assumption that the text used will be https://archive.org/details/emilyofnewmoon00mont_1

T his is definitely PD whereas the original source may not be quite PD yet and we can move on forward :D

If this is OK with you just let me know in this thread and I'll set it up right away.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Do you realize this book just got launched as a group on Nov. 1? It's in Readers Wanted: Books. Not that I'm saying both can't be done, just making sure you know. :)
~Rosebud
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just so the reader knows - it is OK to be reading it but some prefer not to do multiple versions, there are 2 versions in progress already :D -- Anne
Thirsch

Post by Thirsch »

All comments are accurate. But here is the logic.

Most recent project is collaborative, launched Nov. 1, 2019. Elisabeth claimed the first two sections on Nov. 9. That's all so far. But it's "early" yet.

There is another solo project underway launched January 2019 and -- at last inspection -- had only 5 sections uploaded.

This solo project will be read by a delightful new LV volunteer from South Africa who brings to the project both a "heavenly" reading voice and enthusiasm to spare. She already has the first section recorded and ready for upload. We're just waiting for all the "ducks" to fall into "the row" so she can get rolling.

We are aware of the concurrent projects. And I know Maria is aware of this effort 'cause I've spoken to her about it. But I don't know about the other soloist. Eventually I anticipate the catalog will contain perhaps as many as half a dozen renditions of this delightful classic - - - along with it's "sister books" that comprise the trilogy of Emily.

Tom
Last edited by Thirsch on November 11th, 2019, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

OK, this project is ready to roll. I changed the source text to the one we spoke about. Hope this is OK. Let me know if there is anything else to get rolling. :thumbs:
Thirsch

Post by Thirsch »

Thanks, Phil

I overlooked that detail. Thanks so much for your help. I'll get working on the MW. Then Leanne can get going and hopefully we'll attract the attention of a DPL.

Tom
Thirsch

Post by Thirsch »

Phil

I need Leanne Fortune (Fortunecookie) added to the list of readers. She's not yet listed in the Management Tool.

Thanks

Tom
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thirsch wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:20 pm Phil

I need Leanne Fortune (Fortunecookie) added to the list of readers. She's not yet listed in the Management Tool.

Thanks

Tom
Her forum name is fortunecookie and she wishes her catalog name to be Leanne Fortune, is that correct?
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

:thumbs: Glad all's good! I expected you knew what you were doing, but decided to check... Hope you find a DPL soon, but if not I'll be checking to see if I can squeeze in another project. :wink:
~Rosebud
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thirsch wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:20 pm Phil

Thanks

Tom
Can't do this until she has a forum email address. The system keeps rejecting her as a reader with this error message. Forum user email not found
Thirsch

Post by Thirsch »

Phil

You're right on the money :thumbs:
-------- Forum name: fortunecookie
-------- Catalog name: Leanne Fortune

Don't know if you can enter her email address or not. If you can I'll send it to you in a PM

Rosebud

You're the best :clap: Thanks so much.

Tom
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Not to interfere, but I had a look, and the first letter of the username is capitalized. That is why it wouldn't work for you, Phil. :-)
I went ahead and added her in the system. (kind of had to since I was experimenting to see what the problem was! :mrgreen: )
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

m8b1 wrote: November 11th, 2019, 4:54 pm Not to interfere, but I had a look, and the first letter of the username is capitalized. That is why it wouldn't work for you, Phil. :-)
I went ahead and added her in the system. (kind of had to since I was experimenting to see what the problem was! :mrgreen: )
Thanks Maria. Never thought of that! :thumbs:
Thirsch

Post by Thirsch »

Y'all are the BEST :clap: What a team :thumbs:

I make a point of telling newbies when working with them on their 1-Minute Test that they are joining a great group of people who will always "be there" to help when needed. This proves my point :D

Thanks to all. We'll be hoping someone will jump in as DPL. I'll tell Leanne she's ready to roll.

Tom