[COMPLETE] The Pirate Island: A Story of the South Pacific by Harry Collingwood - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: November 26th, 2019, 7:30 pm Chapter 3 is uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_03_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 24:29.
Super. If I can't do it tomorrow, I will on Friday.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

LCaulkins wrote: November 26th, 2019, 8:30 pm Super. If I can't do it tomorrow, I will on Friday.
No worries. You will most likely have no trouble keeping up with me. I will be doing well to get one chapter recorded each week. The fact that I got two done is outstanding, but I will likely fall behind at some point. Thank you for your help. I'm glad to have it!
Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: November 26th, 2019, 7:30 pm Chapter 3 is uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_03_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 24:29.
That was a very nice recording.

Chapter 3 is Checker passed and PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 4 is Checker passed and PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: December 1st, 2019, 11:26 am Chapter 5 uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_05_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 31:22
Chapter 5 is Checker passed and PL OK :thumbs:

Yeah, I don't think I'd like to be on a clipper when it was blown over.
~Lynette * -
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:07 am Chapter 6 uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_06_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 24:24.
Hi there :)

Two editing spots:

11:17, there is an extra "t-"

9:44, recording says "what's them Handles we're to explore" - should be "Handies" (as in Andes mountains)

(Also - you're using the long intro, as required on the first chapter only of a solo project. Just making sure you know you can use the shortened version listed just below the initial one in the main project post.)
~Lynette * -
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

LCaulkins wrote: December 9th, 2019, 9:18 am
OliverBoliver wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:07 am Chapter 6 uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_06_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 24:24.

Two editing spots:

9:44, recording says "what's them Handles we're to explore" - should be "Handies" (as in Andes mountains)

(Also - you're using the long intro, as required on the first chapter only of a solo project. Just making sure you know you can use the shortened version listed just below the initial one in the main project post.)
Thanks! :D I'll see if I can fix those tonight. When I first read the book, I read it as "Handies", but for some reason, I just did it wrong yesterday and then didn't catch it when I proofed it. Regarding the intro, I've only ever used the long intro, but I will make a point to change that going forward.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Two editing spots:

Good catch on the extra "t-". I've also used the abbreviated intro, shortening the overall time a bit. I wasn't sure whether I should use "Ready for PL" or "Ready for spot PL", so if I should have used the other, please let me know.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

OliverBoliver wrote: December 9th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Two editing spots:

Good catch on the extra "t-". I've also used the abbreviated intro, shortening the overall time a bit. I wasn't sure whether I should use "Ready for PL" or "Ready for spot PL", so if I should have used the other, please let me know.
Wait, I missed one! Let me fix that before you take a listen.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

OliverBoliver wrote: December 9th, 2019, 3:09 pm
OliverBoliver wrote: December 9th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Two editing spots:

Wait, I missed one! Let me fix that before you take a listen.
Whew! Ok, it's ready, now. I got too excited about starting Chapter 7, I guess.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: December 9th, 2019, 3:16 pm
Whew! Ok, it's ready, now. I got too excited about starting Chapter 7, I guess.
Hehe.

Chapter 6 is PL OK now. :thumbs:

(any time you post a fixed file after you get PL notes, use that Spot PL button - unless it was totally bad to start with and the PL'er didn't listen it out yet)
~Lynette * -
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC