[COMPLETE] The Pirate Island: A Story of the South Pacific by Harry Collingwood - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Super! I'll get both of these first thing tomorrow
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: March 24th, 2020, 2:50 pm Chapter 18 uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_18_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 29:30
Hey, there - the ch. 17 file is loaded in the MW for the 18 spot.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Looked like just a typo in the MW, since the link is in the thread. I changed it. Try it now. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ch. 18 is PL OK :thumbs:

Ch. 17 -

At 20:05 "and we hope that if so be as these here gen'lemen are thinking of topping their brooms. . ." should be booms.

Although, the image of them flying off as witches is entertaining. :)
~Lynette * -
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

TriciaG wrote: March 25th, 2020, 6:57 am Looked like just a typo in the MW, since the link is in the thread. I changed it. Try it now. :)
Thank you for fixing that!
Eric in Charlotte, NC
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

LCaulkins wrote: March 25th, 2020, 7:43 am Ch. 17 -
At 20:05 "and we hope that if so be as these here gen'lemen are thinking of topping their brooms. . ." should be booms.

Although, the image of them flying off as witches is entertaining. :)
Argh! I think I recorded that particular sentence a dozen times. :D I just couldn't wrap my mouth around it. :lol: I'll fix that one before moving on to the next chapter. Thanks.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

yes!!!! I recorded a chapter of my own this morning, and there's a stretch in it where I'll have to edit out 6-9 runs at a particular sentence. . . Sometimes they are BUGGARS :twisted:
~Lynette * -
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

A revised version of Chapter 17 has been uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_17_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 28:11

I plan to start recording Chap 19 now. Hopefully no more tongue twisters today. This "stay at home" business is helping me speed up my production, at least. I hate yardwork, so....
Eric in Charlotte, NC
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OliverBoliver wrote: March 25th, 2020, 2:08 pm A revised version of Chapter 17 has been uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_17_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 28:11

I plan to start recording Chap 19 now. Hopefully no more tongue twisters today. This "stay at home" business is helping me speed up my production, at least. I hate yardwork, so....
17 is PL OK now :thumbs:

You always do a fantastic edit job
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ch. 19 is PL OK :thumbs:

Just one more!
~Lynette * -
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Chapter 20 uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/pirateisland_20_collingwood_128kb.mp3, length 38:28

Book is finished (pending successful PL)!!!
Eric in Charlotte, NC
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I will need a summary/intro for the catalog for this. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart