(Complete) Emily of New Moon, by Lucy Maud Montgomery -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BarryHaworth

Post by BarryHaworth » November 14th, 2019, 2:12 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 1:24 pm
It's because only the first book of the trilogy came into the public domain this year. (Since it was published in 1923.) :wink:
Right, that would make sense.
So what about the other books in the trilogy? They won't be out of copyright for another couple of years.
I am a Statistician. One false move and you're a Statistic.

Scamah

Post by Scamah » November 14th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Hello, I am new. I would love to take chapter 4. I would like to go by "Lune" if possible.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 15th, 2019, 11:54 am

Scamah wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 6:56 pm
Hello, I am new. I would love to take chapter 4. I would like to go by "Lune" if possible.
Hello Lune!

I wil save that chapter for you. But before you start recording, you need to have completed your 1-Minute Test. (Info in the Wiki.) Post it either here or in the Listener/Editors Wanted forum. Thank you for claiming though! :wink:
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 15th, 2019, 11:56 am

BarryHaworth wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 2:12 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
It's because only the first book of the trilogy came into the public domain this year. (Since it was published in 1923.) :wink:
Right, that would make sense.
So what about the other books in the trilogy? They won't be out of copyright for another couple of years.
Yeah. I'm bad with copyright details but that is correct, they are not public domain yet and will not be so for a few more years. (However, I like this first one best of all three... IMHO. :wink: )
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

BarryHaworth

Post by BarryHaworth » November 15th, 2019, 5:56 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
BarryHaworth wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 5:15 am
I must say, I'm surprised that no one has recorded the Emily books already. I know that they aren't as popular as the Anne books and i must confess I haven't read them myself, but my wife speaks very highly of them.

Barry
That would explain it. I got thrown off when I was browsing the list of L.M. Montgomery projects and saw three Emily's and assumed that they were the three books in the series. I see now that they are three separate projects to read the first book.

I also see that each of them are listed as "(version ?)". The race is on to be version 1!

Barry
I am a Statistician. One false move and you're a Statistic.

Heatherbee

Post by Heatherbee » November 16th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Hello, I’m new here, and would love to do some of the reading for Emily of New Moon. My daughter and I love the series almost as much as we love Prince Edward Island. I’d like to do section 7, the Book of Yesterday, though I’d love to do more, if that’s possible. I still need to do my one-minute test; I will figure that out and get it done.
Thanks,
Heather

Heatherbee

Post by Heatherbee » November 18th, 2019, 8:57 am

Hi again,
I’m not sure if you saw my message a couple of days ago, but I’ve got a bit of time coming up and would really like to get started, if possible.
Thanks,
Heather

Heatherbee

Post by Heatherbee » November 18th, 2019, 10:22 am

Hi, here's a link to my one minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_heatherbee.mp3

Heather

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 18th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Heatherbee wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 8:57 am
Hi again,
I’m not sure if you saw my message a couple of days ago, but I’ve got a bit of time coming up and would really like to get started, if possible.
Thanks,
Heather
Hi Heather,
I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm not active on Sundays so I had not seen your post. I will check your test asap... Thank you for sending it in and I will save section 7 for you. Once you record that feel free to claim more chapters if you like. Thanks for claiming! :wink: <smile>

ETA: I see someone has already replied to your test and given feedback. In that case I'll step back and let Anonyme do it, since they've already started on it. :wink:
Rachel
~Newsies! on Broadway

Heatherbee

Post by Heatherbee » November 18th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Thanks very much! I look forward. The volume on my test was low and the checker heard background noise. Can I just fix those things myself, or do I need to submit another 1-minute test?

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 18th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Fix them yourself, then reupload. (Don't record another test though.) I'll just go ahead and check it if no one else has gotten to it yet, I don't want to keep you waiting when you just want to record your sections :wink:
Rachel
~Newsies! on Broadway

Heatherbee

Post by Heatherbee » November 18th, 2019, 3:54 pm

Hello again, here's my audio-corrected version. If this one's okay, I'll go ahead and start recording.
Thank you!
Heather

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 18th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Heatherbee wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 3:54 pm

Hello again, here's my audio-corrected version. If this one's okay, I'll go ahead and start recording.
Thank you!
Heather
Yes, this test is PL OK! You have a very nice reading voice, by the way. Yes, go ahead and start recording as soon as you like :wink:
Rachel
~Newsies! on Broadway

Heatherbee

Post by Heatherbee » November 18th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Wonderful, thanks so much! And thank you for the kind words.

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 18th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Heatherbee wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Wonderful, thanks so much! And thank you for the kind words.
No problem. Just telling you the truth :wink:
Rachel
~Newsies! on Broadway