(Complete) Emily of New Moon, by Lucy Maud Montgomery -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

awoerner wrote: November 6th, 2019, 7:56 pm Hello! I am new to recording, but not to reading aloud. I would like to do this book, Emily of New Moon, solo, please. The name I'd like to go by is Igonm. Thank you! :)
Hi awoerner,
The project I've started is a group project- that means volunteers can claim different chapters to read, and when it's finished, there will be lots of different people all reading different chapters. If I understand you correctly, you were interested in reading the entire book, by yourself, as a Solo project. You are more than welcome to come claim multiple chapters of my version, but if you'd like to start your own Solo reading as a separate project, please feel free to do so! We can have multiple in-progress readings of the same book at the same time and that's ok. You might want to claim a chapter or two of a different book first though, just to get the feel for recording, before you jump into reading a full book. But when you're ready, you can use the Project Template Generator to start your own project. And this page has lots of info if you're a first time soloist.
Before you begin recording though, we do need you to start with a 1-Minute Test; this is to make sure your technical settings are correct. Info on this is found in the Wiki, here. If you have any questions please feel free to ask or private message me.

God bless!

Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

I would love to take chapters 1 and 2. Thanks so much!

Elisabeth
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Jbholland77 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 8:15 am I would love to take chapters 1 and 2. Thanks so much!

Elisabeth
Yay! Thank you! I'll put you in asap

ETA: Done.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Hi...question. I've noticed that someone has started this book as a solo project. Should I still continue my recordings? I am almost finished with Chapter 1. Thanks!
Elisabeth
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Jbholland77 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 7:45 am Hi...question. I've noticed that someone has started this book as a solo project. Should I still continue my recordings? I am almost finished with Chapter 1. Thanks!
Elisabeth
A solo project doesn't affect anything with our group project Elisabeth. Since this project started first, there project would be the one to be stopped if needed, but were here to have fun. Only two group projects on at the same time, or a lot of the same project as solos starting at the same time would affect things.

You can continue reading your sections, no worries.
Thanks!
Elijah
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

A little correction. We would never stop a project. The only instance I can think of where we would say to wait would be if two group projects of the exact same book would be running at the same time - that wouldn't be a good idea. :-)

There can be as many solos of a book running as readers want to read them! There is actually a second solo of this title currently running, but it isn't going anywhere fast. It was started in January and only a few chapters are completed. (I know because I am the DPL. :-)) You never know, but this group project may be finished first of any of them!

As long as different MC's are running the projects everything is fine. Technically 1 MC could run 2 or more of the same title, but the file names would have to be different, and frankly that is just asking for problems!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ej400

Post by ej400 »

m8b1 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 1:57 pm A little correction. We would never stop a project. The only instance I can think of where we would say to wait would be if two group projects of the exact same book would be running at the same time - that wouldn't be a good idea. :-)

As long as different MC's are running the projects everything is fine. Technically 1 MC could run 2 or more of the same title, but the file names would have to be different, and frankly that is just asking for problems!
Well of course we wouldn't stop a project, I just thought that if a bunch of people started 12 different versions of the same book at the same time you'd have to step in and say "enough is enough [not angrily], aren't there other books you can read?"
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Great! I'm so glad to be able to continue. This is such a fun read! Here is Chapter 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3
15:52

Thanks!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ej400 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:31 pm
m8b1 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 1:57 pm A little correction. We would never stop a project. The only instance I can think of where we would say to wait would be if two group projects of the exact same book would be running at the same time - that wouldn't be a good idea. :-)

Well of course we wouldn't stop a project, I just thought that if a bunch of people started 12 different versions of the same book at the same time you'd have to step in and say "enough is enough [not angrily], aren't there other books you can read?"
Well, in that case we would probably strongly suggest that maybe you might want to record something else, but we wouldn't force them. :mrgreen: I don't think we have had quite that problem before though!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Jbholland77 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:38 pm Great! I'm so glad to be able to continue. This is such a fun read! Here is Chapter 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3
15:52

Thanks!
Thanks! I'll put it in asap.

And thank you EJ for replying, I know I wasn't online so thanks for posting here. :wink: (And thank you Maria, too, for clarifying.)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
BarryHaworth

Post by BarryHaworth »

Poking around the forums and came across this one. I'm interested in this one, but for the moment have committed to a different project (the uncollected LM Montgomery stories) and so won't reserve any chapters here for the moment. I'll definitely keep an eye on this one, though.

Barry
I am a Statistician. One false move and you're a Statistic.
BarryHaworth

Post by BarryHaworth »

I must say, I'm surprised that no one has recorded the Emily books already. I know that they aren't as popular as the Anne books and i must confess I haven't read them myself, but my wife speaks very highly of them.

Barry
I am a Statistician. One false move and you're a Statistic.
anna123marie

Post by anna123marie »

Hi! i would like to read chapters: 3 and 6 -
"A Hop out of Kin" & "New Moon" respectively.
:)
this is my first recording so could i be known as Anna Marie in the catalogue? thank you!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

anna123marie wrote: November 14th, 2019, 6:53 am Hi! i would like to read chapters: 3 and 6 -
"A Hop out of Kin" & "New Moon" respectively.
:)
this is my first recording so could i be known as Anna Marie in the catalogue? thank you!
I'll save these for you, but before you start recording you need to do a 1-Minute test(info in the Wiki.) You can post it here or in the Listeners/Editors Wanted forum.
Thanks for claiming though! :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

BarryHaworth wrote: November 14th, 2019, 5:15 am I must say, I'm surprised that no one has recorded the Emily books already. I know that they aren't as popular as the Anne books and i must confess I haven't read them myself, but my wife speaks very highly of them.

Barry
It's because only the first book of the trilogy came into the public domain this year. (Since it was published in 1923.) :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~