(Complete) Emily of New Moon, by Lucy Maud Montgomery -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
JayKitty76
Posts: 1817
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » January 10th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Thank you!
~Rachel~
Behold the brave battalion that stands side by side
Too few in number and too proud to hide
Then say to the others who did not follow through
"You're still our brothers and we will fight for you."

~Disney's Newsies! on Broadway

JayKitty76
Posts: 1817
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » January 10th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Heatherbee wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Hello and Happy New Year! I'm back at it after holidays/various family health crises. I would like to reserve two more chapters, if I may: Romantic, and Whither Grange.
Thanks very much,
Heather
Hi Heather,
I'm sorry but Kristine claimed 22 already. I will put you in for 21 (Romantic) and if you'd like any more please let me know.
Thank you!
~Rachel~
Behold the brave battalion that stands side by side
Too few in number and too proud to hide
Then say to the others who did not follow through
"You're still our brothers and we will fight for you."

~Disney's Newsies! on Broadway

Kristine1990
Posts: 126
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » January 10th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Hey JayKitty76. Thanks for getting back to me. ☺️ I can't wait to record!

Heatherbee
Posts: 15
Joined: November 16th, 2019, 10:47 am

Post by Heatherbee » January 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Okay thanks, Rachel. I'll take By Aerial Post, please. I'd love to do the Father Cassidy chapter - it's so funny. But I'm afraid I'm not up to the accent.
Cheers,
Heather

JayKitty76
Posts: 1817
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » January 10th, 2020, 8:52 pm

Heatherbee wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Okay thanks, Rachel. I'll take By Aerial Post, please. I'd love to do the Father Cassidy chapter - it's so funny. But I'm afraid I'm not up to the accent.
Cheers,
Heather
Of course! I'll put you in for section 20 (By Aerial Post.) Oh yes, I love the Father Cassidy chapter too :lol: If you don't feel like you'd be able to pull off the accent, no worries. But we don't mind if you wanted to give it a whirl- we're not very picky about how accents sound. It's up to you :wink:
~Rachel~
Behold the brave battalion that stands side by side
Too few in number and too proud to hide
Then say to the others who did not follow through
"You're still our brothers and we will fight for you."

~Disney's Newsies! on Broadway

Clairvoyant94
Posts: 36
Joined: January 6th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Post by Clairvoyant94 » January 12th, 2020, 2:16 pm


JudeSomers
Posts: 369
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Location: Oak Bay, Vancouver Island

Post by JudeSomers » January 13th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Just uploaded Chapter 15 (length 13:27)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_15_montgomery_128kb.mp3

On to Chapter 16!

cheers
Jude Somers
......................................................................................
Be kind, be calm, be safe
...................................................................... B.C.’s Dr. Bonnie Henry.......

JayKitty76
Posts: 1817
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » January 13th, 2020, 3:03 pm

JudeSomers wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 2:16 pm
Just uploaded Chapter 15 (length 13:27)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_15_montgomery_128kb.mp3

On to Chapter 16!

cheers
Jude Somers
Ah, thank you guys!
~Rachel~
Behold the brave battalion that stands side by side
Too few in number and too proud to hide
Then say to the others who did not follow through
"You're still our brothers and we will fight for you."

~Disney's Newsies! on Broadway

JudeSomers
Posts: 369
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Location: Oak Bay, Vancouver Island

Post by JudeSomers » January 14th, 2020, 5:39 pm

and here is Chapter 16 (length 24:52)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_16_montgomery_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
......................................................................................
Be kind, be calm, be safe
...................................................................... B.C.’s Dr. Bonnie Henry.......

Clairvoyant94
Posts: 36
Joined: January 6th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Post by Clairvoyant94 » January 14th, 2020, 6:25 pm

I'd love to read chapter 17, Living Epistles.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1817
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » January 15th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Chapter 4 is now orphaned.
~Rachel~
Behold the brave battalion that stands side by side
Too few in number and too proud to hide
Then say to the others who did not follow through
"You're still our brothers and we will fight for you."

~Disney's Newsies! on Broadway

JayKitty76
Posts: 1817
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » January 15th, 2020, 1:30 pm

JudeSomers wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 5:39 pm
and here is Chapter 16 (length 24:52)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/emilyofnewmoon_16_montgomery_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude Somers
Clairvoyant94 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 6:25 pm
I'd love to read chapter 17, Living Epistles.
Thanks for the claims! I'll get these in later today... Right now I need to go :wink:
~Rachel~
Behold the brave battalion that stands side by side
Too few in number and too proud to hide
Then say to the others who did not follow through
"You're still our brothers and we will fight for you."

~Disney's Newsies! on Broadway

Clairvoyant94
Posts: 36
Joined: January 6th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Post by Clairvoyant94 » January 16th, 2020, 6:26 pm

I have a question about how to read one section. The text says this:
I learned today that you put things in like this " " when you write anything anybody has said. I didnt know that before. I must go over all my letters to you and put them in. And after a question you must put a mark like this ? and when a letter is left out..
I'm unsure of how to read the quotation marks and the question mark. Should I read, "I learned today that you put in things like this, quotation marks, when you write anything anybody has said...And after a question you must put a mark like this, question mark, and when a letter is left out..." Or is there a better way to do it? I'm new at this!

JudeSomers
Posts: 369
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Location: Oak Bay, Vancouver Island

Post by JudeSomers » January 17th, 2020, 11:53 am

Clairvoyant94 wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 6:26 pm
I have a question about how to read one section. The text says this:
I learned today that you put things in like this " " when you write anything anybody has said. I didnt know that before. I must go over all my letters to you and put them in. And after a question you must put a mark like this ? and when a letter is left out..
I'm unsure of how to read the quotation marks and the question mark. Should I read, "I learned today that you put in things like this, quotation marks, when you write anything anybody has said...And after a question you must put a mark like this, question mark, and when a letter is left out..." Or is there a better way to do it? I'm new at this!
There are many quotes and inserts throughout this book (and others I have read). Rather than say “quotation marks” or even “quote” we were encouraged to use the inflection of our reading voices to suggest the quotations (a bit the same as pausing between paragraphs). That seems to have worked on those projects and I’ve been doing that with my Emily chapters.

Hope that helps :D
Jude
......................................................................................
Be kind, be calm, be safe
...................................................................... B.C.’s Dr. Bonnie Henry.......

Clairvoyant94
Posts: 36
Joined: January 6th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Post by Clairvoyant94 » January 17th, 2020, 12:04 pm

JudeSomers wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 11:53 am
There are many quotes and inserts throughout this book (and others I have read). Rather than say “quotation marks” or even “quote” we were encouraged to use the inflection of our reading voices to suggest the quotations (a bit the same as pausing between paragraphs). That seems to have worked on those projects and I’ve been doing that with my Emily chapters.

Hope that helps :D
Jude
Thanks Jude! That’s not the issue, though. The text is about Emily learning about punctuation, and the quotation marks appear in the text as I indicated, not to introduce a quote but simply as they are, demonstrating that they are used as a tool in writing, as is the question mark. How would you read the passage I quoted and convey the quotation marks and question mark that Emily writes?

Post Reply