[CHILDREN] Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog by David Cory - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog by David Cory (1872 - 1966).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/billy-bunny-and-uncle-bull-frog-by-david-cory/
David Cory is the author of over 50 children's book including the Little Jack Rabbit series and the Puss-in-Boots series. These Billy Bunny stories were first syndicated in magazines as short episodes. ( Larry Wilson)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5947
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Animals & Nature

Keywords that describe the book: nature, children, animals, youth, juvenile

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog, by David Cory. [Chapter Name]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Chapter [number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog, by David Cory. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      billybunnybullfrog_##_cory_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. billybunnybullfrog_01_cory_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dlolso21
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Next in the David Cory books, a couple of his Billy Bunny story collections. These are quite short because they were originally serialized for syndication in magazines.

lomond has agreed to come on board as DPL. :clap:
~ Larry
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Larry,

I can MC this for you.

MW is set up.

David O
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks so much, David!

We are now READY FOR READERS!
~ Larry
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Larry,

I would like to volunteer for section 25 - Billy Bunny and the Whale.

David O
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

dlolso21 wrote: October 30th, 2019, 1:13 am Larry,

I would like to volunteer for section 25 - Billy Bunny and the Whale.

David O
Of course!
Thank you,
~ Larry
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Here is section 25.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/billybunnybullfrog_25_cory_128kb.mp3 3:42

Also, I am moving this project over to Readers Wanted Short Works.

David O
lomond

Post by lomond »

dlolso21 wrote: November 1st, 2019, 2:26 am Here is section 25.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/billybunnybullfrog_25_cory_128kb.mp3 3:42

Also, I am moving this project over to Readers Wanted Short Works.

David O
Greetings -

Nicely read! Definitely PL OK.

A somewhat related anecdote: My sister volunteers at a church-run thrift store and ran across a copy of "The Tale of Jimmy Rabbit" by Arthur Scott Bailey who is a contemporary of David Cory. I think she's hooked on these books already and will be looking out for more of them to come through the store. :) :)

Lomond
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

lomond wrote: November 1st, 2019, 9:25 am
A somewhat related anecdote: My sister volunteers at a church-run thrift store and ran across a copy of "The Tale of Jimmy Rabbit" by Arthur Scott Bailey who is a contemporary of David Cory. I think she's hooked on these books already and will be looking out for more of them to come through the store. :) :)

Lomond
I think we've got all o Bailey's books in the catalog now. I think there might be one waiting -- a very slow solo project. Thornton Burgess is another author who did a lot of children's nature books, and they are all in the catalog. I have a half-doze or more Cory books prepped and ready to go, so we won't be running out of these anytime soon. :D
~ Larry
Angryturtle443

Post by Angryturtle443 »

Hello,

I would like to read section 2.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Angryturtle443 wrote: November 1st, 2019, 12:36 pm Hello,

I would like to read section 2.
I would be glad to have you join this project.

I would like you to get a final "OK" on your one-minute test, however, so that you have all of the technical and recording issues corrected before recording a longer piece here, though these are quite short.

I also need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Many of us use our real names, but you may choose any pseudonym or nickname that your prefer.

Meanwhile, I'll save this for you for a week.

Let me know if you have any questions.

~Larry
~ Larry
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Hi! I'd like to claim sections 4, 5 and 6.
Anita
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Anitazz wrote: November 1st, 2019, 7:32 pm Hi! I'd like to claim sections 4, 5 and 6.
Anita
Thanks!
You're on board.
~ Larry
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Hi, I'd love to take 7, 8 and 9. :D
Elisabeth
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Jbholland77 wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 9:24 am Hi, I'd love to take 7, 8 and 9. :D
Elisabeth
You've got them!
Thanks.
~ Larry