COMPLETE Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

junerinMJ wrote: January 5th, 2020, 3:48 pm Here is Laura Burton chapter 20. :)

13 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/jackandjill_20_laura.mp3
Thank you! Last chapter for you!
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Hello.

Brand new LibriVox person here. I think I've gotten my audacity and mic specs set properly after being flooded with all those intro pages, but still have a lot to learn. I was wondering if this is good place to start with my first recording, with one of the smaller roles? Do I just claim one in the magic window, or wait to be assigned one?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-bielka-37150910a/

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_AdamBielka.mp3

Male, North American accent, 20s.
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

AdamBielka wrote: January 6th, 2020, 6:13 pm Hello.

Brand new LibriVox person here. I think I've gotten my audacity and mic specs set properly after being flooded with all those intro pages, but still have a lot to learn. I was wondering if this is good place to start with my first recording, with one of the smaller roles? Do I just claim one in the magic window, or wait to be assigned one?

Hi, Adam - Welcome to LibriVox! Just put a post here telling Twinkle which of the unclaimed characters you would like to do. :) She's the one who puts us in the Magic Window (MW). She will also need to know what name you want to show in the publicly posted LibriVox catalog of finished books.

(Have you done the 1-minute test yet? - I remember very well that floodgate of info up front!! You'll want to get the test OK'd before you do the recording here, to be sure your settings are good to go before you do longer recording in this book)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Minn

Post by Minn »

Hi Twinkle, could I read Ed Devlin? Thank you :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

AdamBielka wrote: January 6th, 2020, 6:13 pm Hello.

Hi, Adam! Welcome to LibriVox!

And I'm so thrilled you came over to our corner of Dramatic Works :clap: -- sometimes it's harder to find male voices for the male characters.

Thanks for uploading a 1-Minute test! I will go check it out and give you some feedback.

Yes, I think this is a GREAT place to start with your first recording (though I may be a little biased :lol: )! You may claim whichever one you want -- and as many as you like, as long as the characters do not appear in the same chapters. Just let me know.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Minn wrote: January 7th, 2020, 5:52 am Hi Twinkle, could I read Ed Devlin? Thank you :)
That would be wonderful! :clap: Thank you so much! I have signed you up!

I'm so glad you found us, too! Let me know if you have any questions.
junerinRG
Location: On a sub-tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific

Post by junerinRG »

DanyeloGuanyeza (my brother) will put his last two chapters of Grif in later today.

:)
Rosa

One morning, when Mr. and Mrs. Unicorn woke up, it was raining hard. "I'm glad we didn't go with that crazy old man Noah on his ark!" said Mrs. Unicorn.
🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.
DanyeloGuanyeza

Post by DanyeloGuanyeza »

🌃 🌄 🌅 🌇 :mrgreen: DANIEL :mrgreen: 🌇 🌅 🌄 🌃
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you so much! Last ones for you!
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Newly approved from my 1-minute test. Attempting to volunteer for one or more of the remaining parts? Potentially some combination of Bob Walker, Joe Flint, or Tom Grant? Whatever is most needed.
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

A combination of Bob, Joe, and Tom would be fine! But I would like to see Gus Burton, the last of the major male teenage roles get claimed. Even though he's in a lot of chapters, he mostly just has a sentence here and there -- although he also is a part of a group Christmas song in Chapter 6, I believe. Up to you, though! :) I'd appreciate you reading for any of these!
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Twinkle88 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 6:58 pm A combination of Bob, Joe, and Tom would be fine! But I would like to see Gus Burton, the last of the major male teenage roles get claimed. Even though he's in a lot of chapters, he mostly just has a sentence here and there -- although he also is a part of a group Christmas song in Chapter 6, I believe. Up to you, though! :) I'd appreciate you reading for any of these!
Sure, I'm fine with that. I can do Gus instead of Joe. Based on chapter representation in the MW, Gus would not conflict with Bob Walker or Tom Grant. I'd be happy to commit to the three parts.

It would be my plan to submit the two smaller parts first, just to make sure everything goes right, then move on to the larger one.

Are their scripts? Or do I just extract dialogue directly from the text?

Would the group singing portion be recorded differently? Or would it be treated the same?

In terms of credit name, I'm fine with Adam Bielka.
Last edited by AdamBielka on January 10th, 2020, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

AdamBielka wrote: January 9th, 2020, 8:21 pm
Twinkle88 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 6:58 pm A combination of Bob, Joe, and Tom would be fine! But I would like to see Gus Burton, the last of the major male teenage roles get claimed. Even though he's in a lot of chapters, he mostly just has a sentence here and there -- although he also is a part of a group Christmas song in Chapter 6, I believe. Up to you, though! :) I'd appreciate you reading for any of these!
Sure, I'm fine with that. I can do Gus instead of Joe. Based on chapter representation in the MW, Gus would not conflict with Bob Walker or Tom Grant. I'd be happy to commit to the three parts.

It would be my plan to submit the two smaller parts first, just to make sure everything goes right, then move on to the larger one.

Are their scripts? Or do I just extract dialogue directly from the text?

Would the group singing portion be recorded differently? Or would it be treated the same?

In terms of credit name, I'm fine with Adam Bielka.
Wonderful! :clap: Thank you so much! I'll mark you down in the Magic Window as soon as I get a chance.

Yes, you can definitely send in the smaller roles first.

Yes, the scripts for each chapter are located in the Magic Window, starting at Section 29 -- scroll down past the character listings. Please submit one audio file per chapter, beginning each one "Gus Burton, read by..." (or whichever character you're reading for for that chapter), and leave 3-5 seconds of silence in between lines.

The group song will be recorded the same way you record your other lines -- not in a separate file or anything.

If you have any more questions, please ask! :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on January 11th, 2020, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.