(Complete) The Dream Coach by Anne Parrish - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

The Dream Coach by Anne Parrish (1888 - 1957).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-dream-coach-by-anne-parrish/

Volunteers outside the USA: Anne Parrish died in 1957. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, or Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.
The Dream Coach is a children's book containing several fairy-tale type stories about dreams. It was a Newbery Honor Book in 1925. ( Lynette Caulkins)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/parrish/dream/dream.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Dream Coach. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Dream Coach, by Anne Parrish. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Dream Coach by Anne Parrish. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Dream Coach, by Anne Parrish. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename dreamcoach_##_parrish_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. dreamcoach_01_parrish_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: m8b1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's also on HathiTrust as having a non-renewed copyright: https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009926235 so that's added confirmation.

(I'm full on MC projects, so I won't be picking up this one. I just wanted to post the additional information.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Lynette,

I'll MC for you. I think we generally trust UPenn on copyright, and hathi is a good back up. :-) I also checked for a renewal, and there is not one, so it should be fine.

As a soloist you are your own BC and in charge of the Magic Window. You will need to enter the chapter titles (I already did the first two to show you how), the files and running times. You will also need to mark the sections as ready for PL. Here is a link to the instructions on how to access and use the MW: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T3d9vgn39-DS82yYQRX3cURTpP3mXxuFq5xMqfPi7b0/edit?pli=1

Don't worry, it isn't hard and you can't break anything! :-) If you have any problems, let me know.

We will hang around the launch pad for a bit to see if we can snag a DPL!

Have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, hey! Thanks, Maria! How funny - when I responded to your post on the other topic, I hadn't realized you were a team member. I probably would have seen that info by your name over there ~~> if it hadn't been so very late at night for me at the time. :lol: I really appreciate you taking this on.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Lynette,

I've advertised for a DPL for you!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for calling out for a DPL, Maria

Chapter 2 is now loaded (17:46)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/dreamcoach_02_parrish_128kb.mp3
~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

I can DPL. I can’t begin until tomorrow however.

Be well,
Linette, in Florida :D
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Linny! I've added you as DPL, and I'll go ahead and move us over to Going Solo......
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

linny wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 4:27 pm I can DPL. I can’t begin until tomorrow however.

Be well,
Linette, in Florida :D
Hi, Linette! Thank you very much, and it's very nice to meet you!

Add another cheesy grin to the fun of having similar names, because I've lived for more than two decades in Florida! :lol: 8-) Four years around middle school on the Space Coast, back in the early Shuttle days, and then just over 20 up on the panhandle in the Niceville/Destin area.
~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Maria! Please remember the listeners wanted ad.

Lynette, I couldn’t pass up another with the same name. I’m way down in Highlands County. I’ve lived all over the country but decided that when the days comes this will be our retirement home so here I am. I love the small town community but it’s a challenge being 2.5 hours from anywhere.

I’m looking forward to your project. I’ll give feedback tomorrow.
Last edited by linny on October 24th, 2019, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

PL notes section 1:
0.20 missing text from intro.
"The Dream Coach, by Anne Parrish. [Chapter]"
linny

Post by linny »

Section 2 is PL OK.

Be careful with the ending silence. Too much less than 5 seconds and you risk getting cut off during playback.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Linette!

ch. 1 fixed and uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/dreamcoach_01_parrish_128kb.mp3 (2:50)
~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

Spot check PL OK!