GROUP The Dial, a magazine ed. by C. Shannon & Ricketts philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since the reader hasn't responded back, I took the liberty of editing section 6 to fix the plosives and volume issue. Since the project is standard PL and since the reader can't re-record, I did nothing about the one word read wrongly. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/dial1_06_shannon_128kb.mp3
8:45

Since section 7 is missing part of a sentence, I don't think there's much that can be done with that one without the reader. It's up to you, if you haven't heard back from her, whether or not to orphan the section and get a fresh recording of it, or I'm willing to edit that one if you can live without the rest of that sentence.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Dear Trisha,

Thanks for that. My other group project, a collection of short stories, had also stalled during the last couple of months, for what are probably understandable reasons. In that case, I orphaned the remaining sections and recorded them myself. I was intending to do the same thing here shortly. I recall that, in these recordings, the plosives etc were extensive -- and, although I've not listened back to your edited file yet, I have always found it near impossible to satisfactorily remove plosives. And they're about the most unappealing thing for a listener to hear, I think. So, in the absence of the original reader, my preference is to re-record those two sections. I don't like to discard a reader's work entirely, but I have DMed her multiple times since she first submitted and it is clear she isn't likely to return.
Rob Marland reader section | website
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Your choice. :) I was sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong, anyway. LOL!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 6

Is this an error at 4:17? "... his war his work..." (I was not looking at the text.)

I didn't know that we needed a PL for this project. I'll listen to Section 7 later tonight.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 7

Perhaps I should listen to this again. There seem to be echoes of a kind in the recording that might (?) be a part of the play. I heard them at 8:47, 12:10, and 24:58 and also something strange at 4:02. (That last. Is that where you say, 'Adam'?)

There was one definite error at 19:10 where you correct yourself.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Kevin.

The War / Work thing you noticed in section 6 is in the source, so I have marked that PL OK.

The repetitions you noticed in sections 7 are also in the source. The thing at around 4 mins is the word "warum", which I didn't really know how to pronounce and thought might be a sound effect of some kind. Hence why it might sound like a gulp or a mistake.

I have fixed the error at 19:10, so once you have spot PLed that we will be good to go. And apologies for inflicting that section 7 on you. Thankfully, despite the "to be continued", I believe Ricketts quit while he was ahead and never finished the story.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

RobMarland wrote: June 18th, 2020, 11:34 pm I have fixed the error at 19:10, so once you have spot PLed that we will be good to go. And apologies for inflicting that section 7 on you. Thankfully, despite the "to be continued", I believe Ricketts quit while he was ahead and never finished the story.
PL OK! I'm still recovering, but the section is PL OK!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Kevin! And with that, we're all done. :clap:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk