[MEMOIR] Summer on the Lakes, in 1843 by Margaret Fuller - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 21st, 2019, 4:12 pm

BetsyWalker wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 4:10 pm
KevinS wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 2:57 pm

I thought that folks might like to keep everything simple, but if you are game---and Phil doesn't mind---I'd love to do the scene.

I wouldn't mind doing the editing and we would just need another voice---a female, I think, though perhaps it doesn't matter.
:clap: :clap:
I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what you decide. Any way it goes, please count me in!

Betsy
I'm going to reserve Chapter 2 in my name, but only temporarily, until we decide something.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19464
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 21st, 2019, 4:37 pm

KevinS wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 2:57 pm
BetsyWalker wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 2:24 pm
Hello -

I am very interested in reading and recording for this. I looked at the next chapter that is open, Chapter II, and am curious if you plan to assign parts to the "scene", or if you really just want one reader to handle it. I'd love to participate, either way.

Betsy
I thought that folks might like to keep everything simple, but if you are game---and Phil doesn't mind---I'd love to do the scene.

I wouldn't mind doing the editing and we would just need another voice---a female, I think, though perhaps it doesn't matter.
Sounds fine to me. The assigned reader will be up to the BC and if any notation is needed also as to who is involved.
video of our Zoom 10/18/2020 https://youtu.be/OtvgxviSrTw

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 21st, 2019, 4:54 pm

philchenevert wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 4:37 pm
KevinS wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 2:57 pm
BetsyWalker wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 2:24 pm
Hello -

I am very interested in reading and recording for this. I looked at the next chapter that is open, Chapter II, and am curious if you plan to assign parts to the "scene", or if you really just want one reader to handle it. I'd love to participate, either way.

Betsy
I thought that folks might like to keep everything simple, but if you are game---and Phil doesn't mind---I'd love to do the scene.

I wouldn't mind doing the editing and we would just need another voice---a female, I think, though perhaps it doesn't matter.
Sounds fine to me. The assigned reader will be up to the BC and if any notation is needed also as to who is involved.
You're a brick!

(That's a good thing, right?)
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 21st, 2019, 6:49 pm

BetsyWalker wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 4:10 pm
KevinS wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 2:57 pm

I thought that folks might like to keep everything simple, but if you are game---and Phil doesn't mind---I'd love to do the scene.

I wouldn't mind doing the editing and we would just need another voice---a female, I think, though perhaps it doesn't matter.
:clap: :clap:
I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what you decide. Any way it goes, please count me in!

Betsy
I've taken the liberty of assigning both you and me to Chapter 2. (Is it all right that I read J.'s part?) We will need another reader for this DR and I assume you will take on the rest of the chapter. Is that right?

Early going, so we can adjust as necessary.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

Ciufi
Posts: 780
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » October 22nd, 2019, 12:35 pm

I'd like to claim chapter 3, please.

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 22nd, 2019, 12:38 pm

Ciufi wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 12:35 pm
I'd like to claim chapter 3, please.
Thank you. You always do a great job!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

BetsyWalker
Posts: 169
Joined: January 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Post by BetsyWalker » October 22nd, 2019, 4:25 pm

Hi Kevin -

I see that at the moment the two of us are assigned to chapter 2. Please let me know which part you'd like me to read in the DR section. In addition to the characters, there is the scene description, too. Then I'll be good to go!

Betsy

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 22nd, 2019, 4:43 pm

BetsyWalker wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 4:25 pm
Hi Kevin -

I see that at the moment the two of us are assigned to chapter 2. Please let me know which part you'd like me to read in the DR section. In addition to the characters, there is the scene description, too. Then I'll be good to go!

Betsy
I don't know why, but I assumed you would want M. Would that be all right?

If you would like, feel free to record M. and the rest of the chapter.

I will create a section for J. and one for S. (who I'm sure will appear soon enough.) I will do the editing and upload the whole into Chapter 3 where it can be PLed a final time.

I hope that makes sense. I'm so glad you're game to do this! It will add a lot to the reading!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

BetsyWalker
Posts: 169
Joined: January 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Post by BetsyWalker » October 23rd, 2019, 8:57 am

KevinS wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 4:43 pm
BetsyWalker wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 4:25 pm
Hi Kevin -

I see that at the moment the two of us are assigned to chapter 2. Please let me know which part you'd like me to read in the DR section. In addition to the characters, there is the scene description, too. Then I'll be good to go!

Betsy
I don't know why, but I assumed you would want M. Would that be all right?

If you would like, feel free to record M. and the rest of the chapter.

I will create a section for J. and one for S. (who I'm sure will appear soon enough.) I will do the editing and upload the whole into Chapter 3 where it can be PLed a final time.

I hope that makes sense. I'm so glad you're game to do this! It will add a lot to the reading!
Okay - I am fine to read M and the rest of the chapter. I bet that it'll be fun!

Betsy

BetsyWalker
Posts: 169
Joined: January 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Post by BetsyWalker » October 23rd, 2019, 9:02 am

Oh - one more question.

When I've done other DRs, I've said my name reading the name of the character. Shall I do that in addition to saying "Recording by Betsy Walker, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Summer on the Lakes, in 1843, by Margaret Fuller." at the beginning? If I give enough of a pause before and after you can always ask me to delete it or move it.

Betsy

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 23rd, 2019, 9:23 am

BetsyWalker wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 9:02 am
Oh - one more question.

When I've done other DRs, I've said my name reading the name of the character. Shall I do that in addition to saying "Recording by Betsy Walker, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Summer on the Lakes, in 1843, by Margaret Fuller." at the beginning? If I give enough of a pause before and after you can always ask me to delete it or move it.

Betsy
Yes, please do. The intro would be as you like.

What I think we might do is, before the scene, read simply, "J. read by KevinS, S. read by [whomever], and M. read by Betsy Walker." As in other DRs, we would read our little section ourselves so that people can connect the voice to the character.

Does that all make sense?
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

BetsyWalker
Posts: 169
Joined: January 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Post by BetsyWalker » October 23rd, 2019, 9:33 am

KevinS wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 9:23 am

Yes, please do. The intro would be as you like.

What I think we might do is, before the scene, read simply, "J. read by KevinS, S. read by [whomever], and M. read by Betsy Walker." As in other DRs, we would read our little section ourselves so that people can connect the voice to the character.

Does that all make sense?
Yes - perfect sense! Thanks for the reply - you are quick on the draw! :wink: :wink:

Betsy

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 23rd, 2019, 9:38 am

I'll do J.'s part today.

Haahah! It will take just minutes! He doesn't say much, does he?
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 23rd, 2019, 1:32 pm

KevinS wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 9:38 am
I'll do J.'s part today.

Haahah! It will take just minutes! He doesn't say much, does he?
I should pay more attention. I thought J. had the smallest part!
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

KevinS
Posts: 8956
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 23rd, 2019, 2:05 pm

Betsy, would you mind PLing J.s part?

You won't need access to the MW, but if you would just say whether or not I've gotten it right, please.
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

Post Reply