[MEMOIR] Summer on the Lakes, in 1843 by Margaret Fuller - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Only 2 spots to fix:
~19:47 click or page turn
~30:18 ‘Catlin’s book is far the best’ Sounds like you had said ‘by far’ then took out most of the word ‘by’.
~Rosebud
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

RSlabaugh wrote: October 29th, 2019, 7:51 am Only 2 spots to fix:
~19:47 click or page turn
~30:18 ‘Catlin’s book is far the best’ Sounds like you had said ‘by far’ then took out most of the word ‘by’.
Thank you!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Betsy, here is the link to the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uSrCbawDH-5SqCo8-oB7cfoVlu3pxfAS

I'm sorry for this extra work, but I think you'll find it worthwhile.

You can open the file I have made available, save it, and then reopen it with Audacity. You would make your corrections and then export the file in the usual manner. And then upload it to LivriVox as you first did.

Simple, right?! Haha!

If you have any trouble, just let me know.

Kevin

EDIT: I almost forgot. If you would please record that short little line about the ship's horn/whistle, that would be most helpful. I'm not sure I can find a public domain file for the actual sound and, anyway, sound effects aren't typically allowed in LivriVox recordings.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

KevinS wrote: October 29th, 2019, 8:03 am Betsy, here is the link to the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uSrCbawDH-5SqCo8-oB7cfoVlu3pxfAS

I'm sorry for this extra work, but I think you'll find it worthwhile.

You can open the file I have made available, save it, and then reopen it with Audacity. You would make your corrections and then export the file in the usual manner. And then upload it to LivriVox as you first did.

Simple, right?! Haha!

If you have any trouble, just let me know.

Kevin

EDIT: I almost forgot. If you would please record that short little line about the ship's horn/whistle, that would be most helpful. I'm not sure I can find a public domain file for the actual sound and, anyway, sound effects aren't typically allowed in LivriVox recordings.
I'll be happy to make these edits and include the line about the whistle. You mean in J's speech when it says "Steamboat bell rings", right? I may have to wait till the weekend to have the time. But if I can do it sooner, I sure will. Glad it was in pretty good shape! :wink: :wink:

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BetsyWalker wrote: October 29th, 2019, 4:21 pm
I'll be happy to make these edits and include the line about the whistle. You mean in J's speech when it says "Steamboat bell rings", right? I may have to wait till the weekend to have the time. But if I can do it sooner, I sure will. Glad it was in pretty good shape! :wink: :wink:

Betsy
That's great! Thank you! And, yes, the "Steamboat bell rings."
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Hi Rosebud and Kevin -

Here's the link to the newly edited version of Chapter 2. Rosebud, I am very relieved that there were only two edits. I had to make quite a few edits the day I recorded it and was worried that maybe I'd missed a lot more!

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_02_fuller_128kb.mp3
Duration: 50:43

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BetsyWalker wrote: October 30th, 2019, 1:33 pm Hi Rosebud and Kevin -

Here's the link to the newly edited version of Chapter 2. Rosebud, I am very relieved that there were only two edits. I had to make quite a few edits the day I recorded it and was worried that maybe I'd missed a lot more!

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/summeronthelakesin1843_02_fuller_128kb.mp3
Duration: 50:43

Betsy
Thank you! Are you reasonably happy with the DR? I want you to have full control of your chapter. I will do another edit for you to hear after receiving your advice.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

KevinS wrote: October 30th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Thank you! Are you reasonably happy with the DR? I want you to have full control of your chapter. I will do another edit for you to hear after receiving your advice.
I think the DR is fun! I do hear what you mentioned about the tone, and would default to Rosebud on that. I've never been a PL person and don't know what the Librivox guidelines are about that kind of detail. But I like the reading skills you and Tricia both bring to the table!

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BetsyWalker wrote: October 30th, 2019, 1:57 pm
KevinS wrote: October 30th, 2019, 1:42 pm

I think the DR is fun! I do hear what you mentioned about the tone, and would default to Rosebud on that. I've never been a PL person and don't know what the Librivox guidelines are about that kind of detail. But I like the reading skills you and Tricia both bring to the table!

Betsy
Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! There is another whole section of LibriVox that does DRs and I bet you'd enjoy it.I played a very large and old turtle recently and loved it. My sailor, however, was a disappointment. No Oscar for that one!
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

KevinS wrote: October 30th, 2019, 2:26 pm
Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! There is another whole section of LibriVox that does DRs and I bet you'd enjoy it.I played a very large and old turtle recently and loved it. My sailor, however, was a disappointment. No Oscar for that one!
I have done a few DRs. I love doing them - they really stir the imagination!

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Kevin, are you still working at bringing out your voice better? I’m fine with giving Section 2 a PL OK as is, but I’ll wait till I hear where you’re going with that.
~Rosebud
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

RSlabaugh wrote: October 30th, 2019, 10:41 pm Kevin, are you still working at bringing out your voice better? I’m fine with giving Section 2 a PL OK as is, but I’ll wait till I hear where you’re going with that.
Yes, I'm trying to figure it out. It's maddening.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

I wondered about that... Remember that LV is more about having fun than about obtaining perfection. It’s fine to leave it the way it is!
~Rosebud
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

RSlabaugh wrote: October 31st, 2019, 4:25 am I wondered about that... Remember that LV is more about having fun than about obtaining perfection. It’s fine to leave it the way it is!
That's a good point. I'll have one last listen.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »