COMPLETE[DR] Andrew the Glad by Maria Thompson Daviess - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » February 3rd, 2020, 5:40 pm

Thank you. :D They're now all PL OK! Glad to have you on this project.
I knew David was going to be one of the harder roles for this book, but you really "nailed it" :9: I'm so pleased.
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » February 9th, 2020, 7:49 am

Polly Farrell is now orphaned. Anyone interested? Young female "debutante". :)
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » February 27th, 2020, 11:01 am

An update to all who are interested, I've got all chapters prepped and edited as far along as I can, so just waiting on some final roles to be filled. (Where's a ::chomping at the bit:: smilie?)
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

RHelfmann
Posts: 24
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 2:41 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by RHelfmann » February 29th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Hey!

I saw the orphaned post and was interested in doing Cap Cantrell

The description said there was a few lines but I could only find:

"And not a cussed one of those three old lady cats has ever shown a kitten!"
exploded Cap from behind his pile of papers.

Thanks!
Richard
Cheers,
Eddy Elfman

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » February 29th, 2020, 3:55 pm

RHelfmann wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 3:21 pm
Hey!

I saw the orphaned post and was interested in doing Cap Cantrell

The description said there was a few lines but I could only find:

"And not a cussed one of those three old lady cats has ever shown a kitten!"
exploded Cap from behind his pile of papers.

Thanks!
Richard
Yes, looks like that’s it. Not sure why I said a few. :D Go right ahead and thanks.
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

ZMPatrick
Posts: 37
Joined: February 14th, 2020, 9:54 pm
Location: Pacific Time (PT)
Contact:

Post by ZMPatrick » March 1st, 2020, 9:47 pm

Hello,

I just came over from doing my first collaborative work. Having that done, I wanted to try getting into some of these dramatic readings. Not really sure how it works differently from those, but if you have a spot that you think I could fit then I'd love to help out. Otherwise, no biggie. It's been hard for me to figure out what's taken and what's needed and where with the dramatic readings.

Let me know, thanks.
Last edited by ZMPatrick on March 15th, 2020, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you like videogames, because we do:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZoinkMeister

KateG
Posts: 246
Joined: January 10th, 2020, 1:57 am
Location: Germany

Post by KateG » March 1st, 2020, 10:54 pm

LikeManyWaters wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 7:49 am
Polly Farrell is now orphaned. Anyone interested? Young female "debutante". :)
I'd like to give that a try, please :D
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » March 2nd, 2020, 6:37 am

ZMPatrick wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 9:47 pm
Hello,

I just came over from doing my first collaborative work. Having that done, I wanted to try getting into some of these dramatic readings. Not really sure how it works differently from those, but if you have a spot that you think I could fit then I'd love to help out. Otherwise, no biggie. It's been hard for me to figure out what's taken and what's needed and where with the dramatic readings.

Let me know, thanks.
Hi, welcome to DRs. :) If you look in the MW on the first page of this thread, the sections listed in blue (and marked as Open) are available. The role of "Jake and others" might work for you. The lines are in Chapter 9. They are described in the book as young possum hunters. If you'd like to do this just let me know. It's pretty similar to submitting for other projects. See the first post and ask if you have any questions. If you are looking for a bit longer or different role, look in some of the other dramatic projects that are going on too. We're always in need of male voices somewhere. Thanks!
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » March 2nd, 2020, 6:39 am

KateG wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 10:54 pm
LikeManyWaters wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 7:49 am
Polly Farrell is now orphaned. Anyone interested? Young female "debutante". :)
I'd like to give that a try, please :D
Sure, you got it!
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5


LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » March 2nd, 2020, 12:13 pm

Thanks! :D
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » March 2nd, 2020, 12:56 pm

silverquill wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 12:12 pm
Here are a few more chapters for the Major.
....
For Chapter 2, what's there is great, but there were a couple of lines at the end of the chapter that need to go on the end:

"Well, Andy boy, you're in from the fields, I see. How's the farm? Every thing shipshape?"

and at the end

"It's a ritual, my dear," he said, "that I'm honored in observing with him. Friendship these days has need of rituals of ratification and the pomp of ceremonials to give it color. There's danger of its becoming prosaic. Jefferson, turn on the lights.”
April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

LikeManyWaters
Posts: 733
Joined: January 15th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Location: Arizona

Post by LikeManyWaters » March 2nd, 2020, 1:18 pm

April

"For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord."
Psalm 33:4-5

ZMPatrick
Posts: 37
Joined: February 14th, 2020, 9:54 pm
Location: Pacific Time (PT)
Contact:

Post by ZMPatrick » March 2nd, 2020, 10:40 pm

LikeManyWaters wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:37 am
ZMPatrick wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 9:47 pm
Hello,

I just came over from doing my first collaborative work. Having that done, I wanted to try getting into some of these dramatic readings. Not really sure how it works differently from those, but if you have a spot that you think I could fit then I'd love to help out. Otherwise, no biggie. It's been hard for me to figure out what's taken and what's needed and where with the dramatic readings.

Let me know, thanks.
Hi, welcome to DRs. :) If you look in the MW on the first page of this thread, the sections listed in blue (and marked as Open) are available. The role of "Jake and others" might work for you. The lines are in Chapter 9. They are described in the book as young possum hunters. If you'd like to do this just let me know. It's pretty similar to submitting for other projects. See the first post and ask if you have any questions. If you are looking for a bit longer or different role, look in some of the other dramatic projects that are going on too. We're always in need of male voices somewhere. Thanks!
Ya, after reading over the lines for "Jake and others," I don't think that part is for me. I'll definitely keep looking around DR for the right parts, though. Thank you so much for the info.
Last edited by ZMPatrick on March 15th, 2020, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you like videogames, because we do:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZoinkMeister

silverquill
Posts: 13971
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 3rd, 2020, 10:30 am

LikeManyWaters wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 12:56 pm
silverquill wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 12:12 pm
Here are a few more chapters for the Major.
....
For Chapter 2, what's there is great, but there were a couple of lines at the end of the chapter that need to go on the end:

"Well, Andy boy, you're in from the fields, I see. How's the farm? Every thing shipshape?"

and at the end

"It's a ritual, my dear," he said, "that I'm honored in observing with him. Friendship these days has need of rituals of ratification and the pomp of ceremonials to give it color. There's danger of its becoming prosaic. Jefferson, turn on the lights.”
Good grief! How did I miss those in reading and in two editing passes?
Well, here is the chapter with the two missing lines . . .


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/andrewtheglad_major_2_128kb.mp3
~Larry

Post Reply