[Complete] Hinduism and Buddhism, An Historical Sketch, Vol. 1 by Charles Eliot - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

linny wrote: December 12th, 2019, 3:51 pm
wildlindajohnson wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:37 am Here's section 25:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism1_25_eliot_128kb.mp3 [28:02]
Linda,
Section 25 is PL OK. :)
Thank you both!
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

May I have sections 44 and 45 please?

Laurence
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

laurencetrask wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:19 pm May I have sections 44 and 45 please?

Laurence
Enjoy!
njlroach

Post by njlroach »

Section 42 almost done, I just need to give it another listen-through and probably do a tiny bit more tidying up. It should be ready by Tuesday morning USA time. I thought it was worth letting you all know that I am actually doing it since it's one of the final sections and this is my first recording.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

njlroach wrote: December 15th, 2019, 7:23 am Section 42 almost done, I just need to give it another listen-through and probably do a tiny bit more tidying up. It should be ready by Tuesday morning USA time. I thought it was worth letting you all know that I am actually doing it since it's one of the final sections and this is my first recording.
Thank you, but no panic. You get 2 months from the date of claim before I start nagging. Even then you can ask for an extension... and I’m fairly reasonable on that. Especially this time of year :D
njlroach

Post by njlroach »

Here is section 42. I’ve done my best to make it good, but I was uncertain on the pronunciation of a lot of words so I hope they sound ok. I moved some footnotes to the ends of sentences in order to make it easier to understand when listened to. I hope that’s acceptable.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism1_42_eliot_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

njlroach wrote: December 17th, 2019, 12:48 am Here is section 42. I’ve done my best to make it good, but I was uncertain on the pronunciation of a lot of words so I hope they sound ok. I moved some footnotes to the ends of sentences in order to make it easier to understand when listened to. I hope that’s acceptable.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism1_42_eliot_128kb.mp3
Thank you.
I'll try to get to it today. Don't worry too much on the pronunciation... I wouldn't know if you were right or wrong. We do have an Indian reader on the project, who I expect got the pronunciation correct, but other readers just did the best they could :D As for the footnotes, reading them at the end of the sentence or paragraph is usually the best policy.
Just one thing: I need to know the length of the file for validation purposes.
njlroach

Post by njlroach »

[/quote]

Thank you.
I'll try to get to it today. Don't worry too much on the pronunciation... I wouldn't know if you were right or wrong. We do have an Indian reader on the project, who I expect got the pronunciation correct, but other readers just did the best they could :D As for the footnotes, reading them at the end of the sentence or paragraph is usually the best policy.
[/quote]

Great, thanks. The length is 45:16
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

njlroach wrote: December 17th, 2019, 3:44 pm
Thank you.
[/quote]

[/quote]

:thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lynnet wrote: December 17th, 2019, 5:10 pm
Thank you.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well read. My only comment is that at the end, please say "end of section 42"
njlroach

Post by njlroach »

Lynnet wrote: December 18th, 2019, 7:17 am
Lynnet wrote: December 17th, 2019, 5:10 pm
Thank you.
[/quote]

Well read. My only comment is that at the end, please say "end of section 42"
[/quote]

OK thanks. I might not have a chance to fix it until after Christmas. I live in the Blue Mountains in Australia and I've had to evacuate because of a huge fire that is threatening the community. If my house doesn't burn down I'll do it when I'm at home again.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

njlroach wrote: December 20th, 2019, 4:00 am

OK thanks. I might not have a chance to fix it until after Christmas. I live in the Blue Mountains in Australia and I've had to evacuate because of a huge fire that is threatening the community. If my house doesn't burn down I'll do it when I'm at home again.
Scary! Be safe and wishing you and your family (and house) well.
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 44...it is 27:45 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism1_44_eliot_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

laurencetrask wrote: December 21st, 2019, 5:17 pm Here is section 44...it is 27:45 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism1_44_eliot_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 44:

~2:00 stumbles
~6:00 stumbles
~16:40 repeat 'these treatises'
~17:11 repeat 'The Mahâvagga contains a portion'
~17:18 stumble