All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-calendar-of-sonnets-by-helen-hunt-jackson-2/
Helen Hunt Jackson wrote poetry, nonfiction and fiction and was a popular author in her own time. This sonnet sequence reviews the months of the year and demonstrates her poetic talent. ( Newgatenovelist)
- Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/calendarofsonnet00jackrich/page/n7
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
- "Chapter [number] of A Calendar of Sonnets. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: Librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"A Calendar of Sonnets, by Helen Hunt Jackson. [Chapter]"
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
'poem title' by Helen Hunt Jackson. Read for librivox.org by Newgatenovelist.
END of recording:
End of poem. This recording is in the public domain.
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of A Calendar of Sonnets, by Helen Hunt Jackson. "
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
- Example filename calendarofsonnets_##_jackson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. calendarofsonnets_01_jackson_128kb.mp3)
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: aradlaw
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below