[COMPLETE] Rubble and Roseleaves-F.W. Boreham (d. 1959) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 14838
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 31st, 2019, 9:51 pm

The Chimes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_14_boreham_128kb.mp3 16:54

I will relinquish my claim for Section 20, and concentrate on PL
~ Larry

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6504
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 31st, 2019, 11:08 pm

silverquill wrote:
October 31st, 2019, 9:51 pm
The Chimes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_14_boreham_128kb.mp3 16:54

I will relinquish my claim for Section 20, and concentrate on PL
Really? Didn't you say it's already recorded? But if that's what you'd like, I'm fine with it.

chuckconvr
Posts: 52
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 5:48 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Post by chuckconvr » November 1st, 2019, 10:40 am


mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6504
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » November 1st, 2019, 1:15 pm

Thanks, everyone! MW updated and section 5 uploaded for spot PL. :D

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6504
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » November 3rd, 2019, 5:50 pm

"The Chimes" is PL ok!

I liked this one a lot, from beginning to... Well, almost the end. The Chinese legend about the girl who sacrificed herself actually seemed rather gruesome and sad to me, and I'm sorry to say that I don't see the same beauty in it that Boreham did. :?

andyglover
Posts: 60
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 7th, 2019, 8:55 am

Hey there, just wanted to ask again, if I may I claim Section 13 - Pt 2 Ch 5: Saturday?

I posted about a week ago but I think it may have been missed.

Thanks!
-Andy :)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6504
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » November 7th, 2019, 2:30 pm

andyglover wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 8:55 am
Hey there, just wanted to ask again, if I may I claim Section 13 - Pt 2 Ch 5: Saturday?

I posted about a week ago but I think it may have been missed.

Thanks!
Oh yes, of course! Thanks so much for checking back. I do miss things, and you're right. I definitely missed your post. Last Thursday was an extremely busy day for me, so I'm not surprised that I missed something that day. I'll assign this section to you when I get home in a little while. :D Thanks for joining this project!

andyglover
Posts: 60
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 7th, 2019, 2:34 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 2:30 pm
andyglover wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 8:55 am
Hey there, just wanted to ask again, if I may I claim Section 13 - Pt 2 Ch 5: Saturday?

I posted about a week ago but I think it may have been missed.

Thanks!
Oh yes, of course! Thanks so much for checking back. I do miss things, and you're right. I definitely missed your post. Last Thursday was an extremely busy day for me, so I'm not surprised that I missed something that day. I'll assign this section to you when I get home in a little while. :D Thanks for joining this project!
No problem, I can totally understand, it's easy to miss a post! I appreciate you getting back to me! Thanks! :)
-Andy :)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6504
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » November 7th, 2019, 3:03 pm

andyglover wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 2:34 pm
mightyfelix wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 2:30 pm
andyglover wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 8:55 am
Hey there, just wanted to ask again, if I may I claim Section 13 - Pt 2 Ch 5: Saturday?

I posted about a week ago but I think it may have been missed.

Thanks!
Oh yes, of course! Thanks so much for checking back. I do miss things, and you're right. I definitely missed your post. Last Thursday was an extremely busy day for me, so I'm not surprised that I missed something that day. I'll assign this section to you when I get home in a little while. :D Thanks for joining this project!
No problem, I can totally understand, it's easy to miss a post! I appreciate you getting back to me! Thanks! :)
Of course! You're all set. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try not to overlook them! :wink:

andyglover
Posts: 60
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 10th, 2019, 1:42 am

Ah, was hoping to get the section entitled "Saturday" posted on a day so named, but, alas, it's after midnight.
In any case...

Section 13 - Pt 2 Ch 5: Saturday
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_13_boreham_128kb.mp3 (20:43)

Ready for PL :)
-Andy :)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6504
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » November 10th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Thanks Andy! (It was still Saturday somewhere, I'm sure. :wink:)

laurencetrask
Posts: 400
Joined: October 25th, 2010, 6:30 am
Location: Mount Vernon Ohio
Contact:

Post by laurencetrask » November 12th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Here is section 17...it is 18:37 in length

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_17_boreham_128kb.mp3

Laurence

silverquill
Posts: 14838
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 12th, 2019, 10:06 pm

chuckconvr wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 10:40 am
Section 19 = Old Photographs

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_19_boreham_128kb.mp3 @ 24:46

Chuck
Thanks for another beautifully read chapter!
PL OK :)
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14838
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 12th, 2019, 10:52 pm

andyglover wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 1:42 am
Ah, was hoping to get the section entitled "Saturday" posted on a day so named, but, alas, it's after midnight.
In any case...

Section 13 - Pt 2 Ch 5: Saturday
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_13_boreham_128kb.mp3 (20:43)

Ready for PL :)
Back from my retreat and pleased to find another fine recording from you here in this project, Andy.
Totally PL OK.

And, Section 5 is now PL OK, Devorah.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14838
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 12th, 2019, 11:01 pm

laurencetrask wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:35 pm
Here is section 17...it is 18:37 in length

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rubbleandroseleaves_17_boreham_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Hi, I was going to listen to this, but I think it would be better if you took care of the technical issues first.

1. This is in stereo and we require mono only. (It is simple to covert it, and we have a good tutorial, but if you need help, just ask)
2. The bit rate is incorrect. We need a constant 128kbs, which is easy to set when exporting the file.
3. The volume, at 92.8 dB is above our acceptable range. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 96-92 dB. Amplify down 3 dB.
4. The beginning and ending silences are too long. At the beginning: no more than 1 second, at the end it should be just 5 seconds.

Please make these corrections, upload the file again and post a note here.
I'm looking forward to listening to your recordings.

~Larry
~ Larry

Post Reply