Complete Short Story Collection 83 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 30th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Nesli wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 1:22 pm
Hello :)
I was just wondering if you received my upload (and post) of 26 October.
Or, as a newbie, have I done something wrong? :?
Thanks,
Nesli
I was mid-move and not on top of things for a few days. Apologies.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Nesli
Posts: 17
Joined: October 10th, 2019, 8:32 am
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Contact:

Post by Nesli » October 30th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Lynnet wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Nesli wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 1:22 pm
Hello :)
I was just wondering if you received my upload (and post) of 26 October.
Or, as a newbie, have I done something wrong? :?
Thanks,
Nesli
I was mid-move and not on top of things for a few days. Apologies.
🙏
Best wishes and good luck at your new home

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 31st, 2019, 5:43 am

The Compulsory Diversion PL OK
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » October 31st, 2019, 9:44 pm

Hello!
I wanted to see if this recording finds your approval:
Author: John Leighton (1822-1912)
Title: The Royal Picture Alphabet
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/23619/23619-h/23619-h.htm
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss083_theroyalpicturealaphabet_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 06:24
Q. Why does it say "The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Royal Picture Alphabet, by Luke Limner" when the author is John Leighton?
Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 1st, 2019, 5:17 am

Horner94 wrote:
October 31st, 2019, 9:44 pm
Hello!
I wanted to see if this recording finds your approval:
Author: John Leighton (1822-1912)
Title: The Royal Picture Alphabet
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/23619/23619-h/23619-h.htm
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss083_theroyalpicturealaphabet_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 06:24
Q. Why does it say "The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Royal Picture Alphabet, by Luke Limner" when the author is John Leighton?
Kind regards,
Chad
Thank you.
I don't know the answer to your question... it could be an error at PG -- you could ask over there if you're bothered by it.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 1st, 2019, 6:10 am

The Royal Picture Alphabet PL OK
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » November 1st, 2019, 1:20 pm

Hello!
Here is another contribution:
Author: A. Campbell
Title: The Greatest Cheat Of Seven
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/35060/35060-h/35060-h.htm#t18
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss083_thegreatestcheatofseven_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 07:11
I have a question: I am not sure about the birth and death of this author either, is the copyright status okay for the UK?
Kind regards,
Chad
Last edited by Horner94 on November 1st, 2019, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » November 1st, 2019, 2:21 pm

Hello!
Here is another recording:
Author: M. D. Hillyard
Title: Disappearing
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/60475/60475-h/60475-h.htm#Page_9
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss083_disappearing_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 09:27
Questions:
1) I am not sure about the copyright status of this work either, the birth and death of this author is unknown?
2) If you are unsatisfied with just recording one chapter of this work, would you like to add my chapters?
Kind regards,
Chad

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » November 1st, 2019, 2:59 pm

And one more:
Author: Anonymous
Title: The Baby Farmer
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/8675/8675-h/8675-h.htm#link2H_4_0005
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss083_thebabyfarmer_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 01:23
I am not sure about the copyright status of this work either (the author is unknown)? Please can you help me with this?
Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 1st, 2019, 4:21 pm

If you are unable to determine copyright status, you should use “due diligence”. In all probability, all that would happen would be that Archive.com would remove the project (and is that really fair to all the other people working on a project?). However, in some cases, the punishment is greater... for example, I have been told by another admin that in Germany, you are immediately thrown in gaol and have to prove it was an honest error.

For The Baby Farmer, we have no way of knowing when the author died. The work was published in the 1890s, so is definitely PD in the US.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 1st, 2019, 4:29 pm

2) If you are unsatisfied with just recording one chapter of this work, would you like to add my chapters?

Recording single or even multiple chapters from books is not appropriate for this collection. These need to be short stories. Many authors have written short stories, in anthologies, multi-author works or for magazines. Please restrict yourself to these.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » November 1st, 2019, 4:44 pm

Lynnet wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 4:21 pm
If you are unable to determine copyright status, you should use “due diligence”. In all probability, all that would happen would be that Archive.com would remove the project (and is that really fair to all the other people working on a project?). However, in some cases, the punishment is greater... for example, I have been told by another admin that in Germany, you are immediately thrown in gaol and have to prove it was an honest error.

For The Baby Farmer, we have no way of knowing when the author died. The work was published in the 1890s, so is definitely PD in the US.
Correct me if I am wrong, but if this work was collected by P. H Emerson (13 May 1856-12 May 1936), then surely the copyright status would be okay in the UK?

Also: If you scroll down to the bottom to NOTES, says:
(3) OLD GWILYM.
This story came from an old Welshman who says he knew Gwilym, and heard the story from his lips. The narrator may be relied upon.
(4) THE BABY-FARMER.
Same source.

Is this reassuring that the copyright status of this work is more likely to be okay in the UK?

Kind regards,
Chad
Last edited by Horner94 on November 1st, 2019, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » November 1st, 2019, 5:04 pm

Also: Just to be safe, is there any way I could find out the birth and death of A. Campell: Free Church of Scotland Santal Mission,
Santal Mission Press, Pokhuria. Should I make contact with this company to find out?

Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22728
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 1st, 2019, 5:37 pm

Horner94 wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 4:44 pm
Lynnet wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 4:21 pm
If you are unable to determine copyright status, you should use “due diligence”. In all probability, all that would happen would be that Archive.com would remove the project (and is that really fair to all the other people working on a project?). However, in some cases, the punishment is greater... for example, I have been told by another admin that in Germany, you are immediately thrown in gaol and have to prove it was an honest error.

For The Baby Farmer, we have no way of knowing when the author died. The work was published in the 1890s, so is definitely PD in the US.
Correct me if I am wrong, but if this work was collected by P. H Emerson (13 May 1856-12 May 1936), then surely the copyright status would be okay in the UK?

Also: If you scroll down to the bottom to NOTES, says:
(3) OLD GWILYM.
This story came from an old Welshman who says he knew Gwilym, and heard the story from his lips. The narrator may be relied upon.
(4) THE BABY-FARMER.
Same source.

Is this reassuring that the copyright status of this work is more likely to be okay in the UK?

Kind regards,
Chad
This is why we all hate copyright laws and no one at LV is an expert, and we don’t have the funds to check. If there is any doubt, don’t record it. If you are sure the AUTHOR DIED more than 70 years ago, it is PD I the UK, although even then, there are some authors that we can’t record due to legal challenges.

Alexander Campbell’s dates are 1822-1892. He is already in the catalog.
Help us finish:
Hinduism and Buddhism Volume 3 10+ sections remaining
My Danish Sweetheart 2 5 sections remaining
The Castle of Twilight 1 sections remaining
Prince and Heretic 10+ sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 941
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » November 1st, 2019, 5:48 pm

This is why we all hate copyright laws and no one at LV is an expert, and we don’t have the funds to check. If there is any doubt, don’t record it. If you are sure the AUTHOR DIED more than 70 years ago, it is PD I the UK, although even then, there are some authors that we can’t record due to legal challenges.

Alexander Campbell’s dates are 1822-1892. He is already in the catalog.


Based on what you have said, I am going to ask The Baby Farmer to be removed.

Alexander Campbells dates are 1822-1892, which would mean that the copyright status of his work would seem to be okay in the UK, am I right?

Again, I am sorry for this mix up, I'll find another work to replace The Baby Farmer.

Kind regards,
Chad

Post Reply