COMPLETE [FICTION] A Red Wallflower by Susan Warner-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
RSlabaugh
Posts: 1024
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 29th, 2020, 7:34 pm

ymdht wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm
I am also attaching Ch. 43, 17.32.061 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner.mp3


Thank you,

Yvonne
PL notes:
*Beginning silence needs to be shortened to no more than .5 - 1 second. Looks like 3 seconds now.

*This intro is also missing the book title and author after the LV disclaimer. (... Say:
"A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter]")

Not sure what to say about this. Do we also make an exception here? Or if you still have the original file of Section 42, could you almost copy and paste in this missing part? I just don't know how far one gets to 'bend the rules'. :wink:

Again, your reading is great! I've enjoyed listening to you. :)
~Rosebud

My DPL List

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 30th, 2020, 9:03 am

Hello,
Shortening the beginning silence is not a problem. Somewhere on librivox I read beginning silence is 3 seconds. I will check on the sound again. I guess I need to amplify again and check it.

I guess I am confused about the intro.
“DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording! (This I need to change)
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
"Chapter [number] of A Red Wallflower. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" (This part I did)
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]" (I chose not to say this)
Say:
"A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter]" (I thought this was part of “If you wish, say......)

So if I understand correctly it should be “ Chapter [number] of A Red Wallflower. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter].”

How do I add “A RedWallflower, by Susan Warner”? I want to do this right. :D How do I select a portion, record with messing up the rest of the recording? :| I would hate to have to rerecord the whole chapter.


:shock: Don’t know how 128 was missed. I can definitely go back and add it in my recording. :) I do however have the same intro mistake. :|

Again thank you for letting me know. I will work on this today.

~Yvonne
RSlabaugh wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 7:34 pm
ymdht wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm
I am also attaching Ch. 43, 17.32.061 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner.mp3


Thank you,

Yvonne
PL notes:
*Beginning silence needs to be shortened to no more than .5 - 1 second. Looks like 3 seconds now.

*This intro is also missing the book title and author after the LV disclaimer. (... Say:
"A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter]")

Not sure what to say about this. Do we also make an exception here? Or if you still have the original file of Section 42, could you almost copy and paste in this missing part? I just don't know how far one gets to 'bend the rules'. :wink:

Again, your reading is great! I've enjoyed listening to you. :)

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1024
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 30th, 2020, 9:44 am

So if I understand correctly it should be “ Chapter [number] of A Red Wallflower. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter].”
This is correct.
How do I add “A RedWallflower, by Susan Warner”? I want to do this right. :D How do I select a portion, record with messing up the rest of the recording? :| I would hate to have to rerecord the whole chapter.
This part I'll have to refer you to someone with experience at recording. :) (I only PL.) I know it's possible and that it's done all the time. Let me find you a video link...

EDIT: Here's one by Phil which promises to cover that, but I haven't watched. I don't know if it's got the current version of Audacity, but it should at least be close on the procedures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be

Also, here's a link to the wiki page with a lot more videos specifically for LV with all of its complexities. :wink: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos
~Rosebud

My DPL List

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 30th, 2020, 11:43 am

Hello Rosebud

Attached is Ch. 42 I hope it is good. If not please let me know. I watched the video it was helpful. However, I wasn't able to get the track below to open up. A whole new track opened. Anyway I recorded at the end of the chapter and cut and pasted it then cut out the incorrect part.

Like I said. I hope it is good. I am working on Ch. 43 right now. Look forward to hearing back from you.



https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Yvonne
RSlabaugh wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 9:44 am
So if I understand correctly it should be “ Chapter [number] of A Red Wallflower. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter].”
This is correct.
How do I add “A RedWallflower, by Susan Warner”? I want to do this right. :D How do I select a portion, record with messing up the rest of the recording? :| I would hate to have to rerecord the whole chapter.
This part I'll have to refer you to someone with experience at recording. :) (I only PL.) I know it's possible and that it's done all the time. Let me find you a video link...

EDIT: Here's one by Phil which promises to cover that, but I haven't watched. I don't know if it's got the current version of Audacity, but it should at least be close on the procedures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be

Also, here's a link to the wiki page with a lot more videos specifically for LV with all of its complexities. :wink: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

HannahMary
Posts: 868
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 30th, 2020, 12:27 pm

I gave a quick listen to the intro and ending, and they are correct! Glad you were able to learn this new recording trick so easily. Thanks for your extra work!
ymdht wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 11:43 am
Hello Rosebud

Attached is Ch. 42 I hope it is good. If not please let me know. I watched the video it was helpful. However, I wasn't able to get the track below to open up. A whole new track opened. Anyway I recorded at the end of the chapter and cut and pasted it then cut out the incorrect part.

Like I said. I hope it is good. I am working on Ch. 43 right now. Look forward to hearing back from you.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Yvonne
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 30th, 2020, 12:39 pm

Hello Rosebud,

Attached is Ch. 43. It was a lot easier this time to make the corrections. :D Again I look forward to hearing from you and seeing if the recordings are good or need to be tweaked some more.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner_128kbp.mp3

~Yvonne

RSlabaugh wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 7:34 pm
ymdht wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 3:49 pm
I am also attaching Ch. 43, 17.32.061 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner.mp3


Thank you,

Yvonne
PL notes:
*Beginning silence needs to be shortened to no more than .5 - 1 second. Looks like 3 seconds now.

*This intro is also missing the book title and author after the LV disclaimer. (... Say:
"A Red Wallflower, by Susan Warner. [Chapter]")

Not sure what to say about this. Do we also make an exception here? Or if you still have the original file of Section 42, could you almost copy and paste in this missing part? I just don't know how far one gets to 'bend the rules'. :wink:

Again, your reading is great! I've enjoyed listening to you. :)

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 30th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Hello HannahMary,

Thank you so much. I just re uploaded Ch. 43. :)

~Yvonne


HannahMary wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 12:27 pm
I gave a quick listen to the intro and ending, and they are correct! Glad you were able to learn this new recording trick so easily. Thanks for your extra work!
ymdht wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 11:43 am
Hello Rosebud

Attached is Ch. 42 I hope it is good. If not please let me know. I watched the video it was helpful. However, I wasn't able to get the track below to open up. A whole new track opened. Anyway I recorded at the end of the chapter and cut and pasted it then cut out the incorrect part.

Like I said. I hope it is good. I am working on Ch. 43 right now. Look forward to hearing back from you.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_42_warner_128kb.mp3

Yvonne

HannahMary
Posts: 868
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 30th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Rosebud is away from a computer for now, so I will help finish up.

Chapter 42 is PL OK. Thanks for fixing the intro and decibel levels, Yvonne!
Last edited by HannahMary on March 31st, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

HannahMary
Posts: 868
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 30th, 2020, 5:55 pm

ymdht wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Hello Rosebud,

Attached is Ch. 43. It was a lot easier this time to make the corrections. :D Again I look forward to hearing from you and seeing if the recordings are good or need to be tweaked some more.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner_128kbp.mp3

~Yvonne
I still hear 3 seconds of silence at the beginning rather than 1 or less as well as just the chapter name instead of the book title and author at the end of the intro. But I'm guessing that your updated file just didn't get correctly uploaded to replace the old file on the server since the file name is slightly off.

Can you try deleting the "p" from "128kbp" in your file and uploading again? I'm hoping that will do the trick! Thanks for your perseverance as you learn the quirks of LV and its technologies, Yvonne!
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 30th, 2020, 9:56 pm

Hello HannahMary and Rosebud,

Attached is Ch. 43.Hoping this time I got the correct recording.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner_128kb.mp3

~Yvonne


HannahMary wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 5:55 pm
ymdht wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Hello Rosebud,

Attached is Ch. 43. It was a lot easier this time to make the corrections. :D Again I look forward to hearing from you and seeing if the recordings are good or need to be tweaked some more.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner_128kbp.mp3

~Yvonne
I still hear 3 seconds of silence at the beginning rather than 1 or less as well as just the chapter name instead of the book title and author at the end of the intro. But I'm guessing that your updated file just didn't get correctly uploaded to replace the old file on the server since the file name is slightly off.

Can you try deleting the "p" from "128kbp" in your file and uploading again? I'm hoping that will do the trick! Thanks for your perseverance as you learn the quirks of LV and its technologies, Yvonne!

HannahMary
Posts: 868
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 31st, 2020, 3:14 pm

ymdht wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 9:56 pm
Hello HannahMary and Rosebud,

Attached is Ch. 43.Hoping this time I got the correct recording.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/redwallflower_43_warner_128kb.mp3

~Yvonne
You got it, Yvonne; wonderful!

Chapter 43 is PL OK, meaning this book is completely recorded and ready for our MC. That was a big job for only five readers, and I am grateful to each of you. And Rosebud, it was great to work with you! Thank you for your detailed work and help when questions came up.

Maybe I'll see you all on another project soon. :D
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

ymdht
Posts: 41
Joined: January 16th, 2020, 8:42 pm

Post by ymdht » March 31st, 2020, 3:47 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I learned quite a bit and enjoyed reading. Thanks to both of you, HannahMary and Rosebud.

The videos were helpful.

Look forward to reading again with you.

Thanks,

Yvonne

HannahMary
Posts: 868
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Location: The Edge of the Prairie
Contact:

Post by HannahMary » March 31st, 2020, 4:19 pm

For anyone interested in a new project, I am getting one started called, "Born to Serve" by Charles Sheldon. So far it's in the New Projects Launch Pad.
~ Hannah
IG: Hannah.Mary.Knits
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

Readers needed for:
There and Back by George MacDonald

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1024
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » March 31st, 2020, 6:13 pm

I finally have time to check in at LV again today, so I’m happy to see this ready for the catalog! I enjoyed the process and working with each of you. Thanks to all of you for your work and for letting me be a part of this! :9:

May God bless you and keep you!
~Rosebud

My DPL List

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8711
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » March 31st, 2020, 7:50 pm

Cataloging is underway.

Post Reply