[Complete] The Complete Works of Brann the Iconoclast Volume 12 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
johnb2
Posts: 1318
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:42 am

Hi William

26 26. The Death Of Brann for me please.

john

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 3rd, 2019, 10:35 am

johnb2 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:42 am
Hi William

26 26. The Death Of Brann for me please.

john
Happy to oblige, John.
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3464
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » November 3rd, 2019, 10:38 am

If 27 is still open I will gladly claim it. After posting my second chapter earlier today I knew I just had to record at least one more!

Thanks!

Greg

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 3rd, 2019, 10:54 am

GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:38 am
If 27 is still open I will gladly claim it. After posting my second chapter earlier today I knew I just had to record at least one more!

Thanks!

Greg
You got it , Greg!
This is a great chapter/section!!
Be prepared to wave your arms, do a Clint Eastwood squint with your eyes, and growl like a wounded tiger. Do, please, have fun with this one.
Show us some of your dramatic range. Pull your hair, brandish a knife. Put on your Brann Halloween costume back on and raise holy H-double-hockey-sticks.
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

johnb2
Posts: 1318
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » November 3rd, 2019, 2:05 pm

Hi William

Chapter 26 @ 14:31


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_26_brann_128kb.mp3

.".lots of big words."


joh

GregGiordano
Posts: 3464
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » November 3rd, 2019, 2:08 pm

williamjones wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:54 am
GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:38 am
If 27 is still open I will gladly claim it. After posting my second chapter earlier today I knew I just had to record at least one more!

Thanks!

Greg
You got it , Greg!
This is a great chapter/section!!
Be prepared to wave your arms, do a Clint Eastwood squint with your eyes, and growl like a wounded tiger. Do, please, have fun with this one.
Show us some of your dramatic range. Pull your hair, brandish a knife. Put on your Brann Halloween costume back on and raise holy H-double-hockey-sticks.
Will do! Did you see my posting of Section 41?

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 3rd, 2019, 3:46 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:52 am
Here is Section 41:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_41_brann_128kb.mp3

Run time is 5:19

Take care,

Greg
Sorry, Greg, while double-checking the pronunciation of the word "calumny" I was interrupted and lost my place.
When it comes to pronunciation, the reader has pretty much the last word except when the sense of the word is lost.
Here are my PL NOTE(S) for Section 41:

3:11 heard "ga-heel-y-hawk-ins Maria"
s/b "Gee-whill-i-kins, Maria" the author attempted to transliterate the midwest expression of exasperation: "Gee whill-i-kins". In fact, there are several places in this section where he attempts to write with a midwest accent and is not very good. In the next couple of sentences you'll find "suthin nuther" standing in for "something or another". You'll also find "t'hum" meaning "to home". Lesson we learn: the author shouldn't try to write in "dye-lec".
I leave it up to you whether you want to modify this line while you have the file open.

4:25 heard "cal-ny" s/b "cal-um-ny" which is slandering someone. Without the text open in front of me, I would not have been able to figure out the word.

All in all, you gave this another very good reading. Good job! :thumbs:
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 3rd, 2019, 3:48 pm

johnb2 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 2:05 pm
Hi William

Chapter 26 @ 14:31


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_26_brann_128kb.mp3

.".lots of big words."


joh
Thanks, John. I'll proof this later tonight.
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3464
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » November 3rd, 2019, 6:05 pm

williamjones wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 3:46 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:52 am
Here is Section 41:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_41_brann_128kb.mp3

Run time is 5:19

Take care,

Greg
Sorry, Greg, while double-checking the pronunciation of the word "calumny" I was interrupted and lost my place.
When it comes to pronunciation, the reader has pretty much the last word except when the sense of the word is lost.
Here are my PL NOTE(S) for Section 41:

3:11 heard "ga-heel-y-hawk-ins Maria"
s/b "Gee-whill-i-kins, Maria" the author attempted to transliterate the midwest expression of exasperation: "Gee whill-i-kins". In fact, there are several places in this section where he attempts to write with a midwest accent and is not very good. In the next couple of sentences you'll find "suthin nuther" standing in for "something or another". You'll also find "t'hum" meaning "to home". Lesson we learn: the author shouldn't try to write in "dye-lec".
I leave it up to you whether you want to modify this line while you have the file open.

4:25 heard "cal-ny" s/b "cal-um-ny" which is slandering someone. Without the text open in front of me, I would not have been able to figure out the word.

All in all, you gave this another very good reading. Good job! :thumbs:
When I see Geewhillikins written out by you I knock myself on the head. That is so obvious! The way he wrote it just seemed likely a totally different word to me. I really was at a loss for "suthin nuther" or "t'hum." Since I have to fix calumny I'll most like give the "midwest accent" another go, at least for the lines you mentioned.

I appreciate the positive comments!

Take care,

Greg

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 3rd, 2019, 6:35 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:05 pm

<snip>

When I see Geewhillikins written out by you I knock myself on the head. That is so obvious! The way he wrote it just seemed likely a totally different word to me. I really was at a loss for "suthin nuther" or "t'hum." Since I have to fix calumny I'll most like give the "midwest accent" another go, at least for the lines you mentioned.

I appreciate the positive comments!

Take care,

Greg
Hey, us mid-west guys gotta stick together. :)
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3464
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » November 3rd, 2019, 6:39 pm

Bill,

I went ahead and patched up Section 41. I don't even think you will see the stitches! Let's hope I got this right!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_41_brann_128kb.mp3

New run time is 5:21.

Take care,

Greg

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 3rd, 2019, 6:43 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:39 pm
Bill,

I went ahead and patched up Section 41. I don't even think you will see the stitches! Let's hope I got this right!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_41_brann_128kb.mp3

New run time is 5:21.

Take care,

Greg
Thanks, Greg. I'm cashing in my LV chips for the night. So, I'll attend to this tomorrow.
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3464
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » November 4th, 2019, 4:25 am

williamjones wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:54 am
GregGiordano wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:38 am
If 27 is still open I will gladly claim it. After posting my second chapter earlier today I knew I just had to record at least one more!

Thanks!

Greg
You got it , Greg!
This is a great chapter/section!!
Be prepared to wave your arms, do a Clint Eastwood squint with your eyes, and growl like a wounded tiger. Do, please, have fun with this one.
Show us some of your dramatic range. Pull your hair, brandish a knife. Put on your Brann Halloween costume back on and raise holy H-double-hockey-sticks.
Bill,

I noticed this has not been assigned to me yet.

Thanks!

Greg

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 4th, 2019, 6:44 am

Greg,
27 is yours now! Sorry for the delay.
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

williamjones
Posts: 913
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » November 4th, 2019, 7:57 am

johnb2 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 2:05 pm
Hi William

Chapter 26 @ 14:31


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/iconoclast12_26_brann_128kb.mp3

.".lots of big words."


joh
Not only lots of BIG words but very weird ones, too!
I'm thinking that the writer was mimicking the flaws he saw in Brann's hi-brow/lo-brow writing style. I bet that this was not an easy section to read!

Here are a handful of places that need a little touching up, I think:

3:12 Heard "poeTy" s/b "poeSy" (poety is not a word)

6:03 a "Diapason" is an organ stop, the fundmental and characteristic sound of pipe organs.
heard "Die-app-a-sahn" s/b "Die-uh-pay-son"

8:24.5 Heard "the best way to help people was to..."
s/b "the best way to help people up was to..." ("UP" missing)

13:47 heard "Here, here lies his place," s/b "Here, here's his place,"
You shouldn't wait for inspiration...
You should go out after it with a club.

Post Reply