[Complete] Call Mr. Fortune by H.C. Bailey - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kelelesy wrote: December 15th, 2019, 3:08 pm Howdy! Could I please claim section 6? Thank you!
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
tomewing

Post by tomewing »

I would like to claim section 7, the Business Manager, Phases III & IV. Thanks
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

tomewing wrote: December 18th, 2019, 6:14 pm I would like to claim section 7, the Business Manager, Phases III & IV. Thanks
Enjoy!
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Hello Lynnet,

I'd like to claim Section 5, The Hottentot Venus.

Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TomHersant wrote: December 23rd, 2019, 6:47 pm Hello Lynnet,

I'd like to claim Section 5, The Hottentot Venus.

Tommy
All yours!
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings and solutions . . . at least one of them.
Here is #5, The Hottentot Venus.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_05_bailey_128kb.mp3. 56:04"

Tommy
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TomHersant wrote: January 14th, 2020, 12:47 am Greetings and solutions . . . at least one of them.

Tommy
Many thanks
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

TomHersant wrote: January 14th, 2020, 12:47 am Greetings and solutions . . . at least one of them.

Tommy
PL OK :thumbs: Thanks!
~Rosebud
tomewing

Post by tomewing »

Finally got it done. Two days. Help desk didn't respond so decided on a new measure. Got a new PW. It appears that the PW to log into LV is different from the PW to upload. That's the only conclusion I can reach. Doesn't make sense but my PW to get into LV worked but not to upload. Go figure.

Anyway, hope I'm doing this correctly. It's been uploaded callmrfortune_07_bailey_125kb.mp3. Length of recording 48:14
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

tomewing wrote: January 29th, 2020, 12:33 am Finally got it done. Two days. Help desk didn't respond so decided on a new measure. Got a new PW. It appears that the PW to log into LV is different from the PW to upload. That's the only conclusion I can reach. Doesn't make sense but my PW to get into LV worked but not to upload. Go figure.

Anyway, hope I'm doing this correctly. It's been uploaded callmrfortune_07_bailey_125kb.mp3. Length of recording 48:14
Hmm, the password shouldn’t be different, unless you were using a BC/DPL password. Thanks anyway. In future, please copy the entire url from the uploader. I should be able to make this work, provided you uploaded correctly :D
tomewing

Post by tomewing »

Hi Lynnet. I agree with you on PW. Should have worked on both. Did some months ago when I submitted two. But not now. Just logged in few minutes ago on old password and got in fine. But yesterday, as I wrote, only worked for upload when I got new PW. I know it makes no sense but that was my experience, repeated several times.

I did copy & paste the URL into my reply post exactly as the uploader indicated after uploading completed. So, no explanation. My sincere apologies if I erred. BTW: This particular recording has been a series of problems. Accidently deleted the first completed recording (operator error) and had to redo. But was ok because I didn't like it (my first "longform" narration; past two were short poems). There are a few seconds at about 4:00 and 8:00 where clear I inserted new clip; the change is audible in pitch (whatever). Tried to repair it but nothing work. Still serviceable I think. And then uploading. Oh deary.

If there are any problems with my submission, please let me know. Thanks
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have an orphan
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

I'd be happy to adopt that poor orphan if "The Sleeping Companion" is still without a new home.
Tommy
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TomHersant wrote: February 1st, 2020, 4:35 pm I'd be happy to adopt that poor orphan if "The Sleeping Companion" is still without a new home.
Tommy
That would be great.
Micfairy252

Post by Micfairy252 »

Good Morning Lynnet,
I am sending you Section 8 of Call Mr. Fortune Phases five and six" The Reply" and "Jane Brown."

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/callmrfortune_08_bailey128kb.mp3

Sincerely,

Micfairy252