[COMPLETE] The History of Burke and Hare, by George MacGregor - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Cemerson
Posts: 12
Joined: December 21st, 2019, 11:24 pm

Post by Cemerson » January 5th, 2020, 8:25 pm

msfry wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 12:08 pm
Thanks, Catherine. You're in for 27.
Chapter 27:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/burkeandhare_27_macgregor_128kb.mp3 (12:53)

Please let me know what needs changed and I am happy to oblige!

Catherine

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 8th, 2020, 9:33 am

Section 46 is uploaded, and I need someone to PL, please.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/burkeandhare_46_macgregor_128kb.mp3 15:43

Oh no, MORE BURKERS!!!!!!

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 8th, 2020, 9:58 am

PL Notes Chapter 27

:27 repeat Chapter 27
All else is good, and very nicely read! And in this chapter, at last the citizenry are moved to change the law. :clap:

Cemerson
Posts: 12
Joined: December 21st, 2019, 11:24 pm

Post by Cemerson » January 8th, 2020, 10:20 am

msfry wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 9:58 am
PL Notes Chapter 27

:27 repeat Chapter 27
All else is good, and very nicely read! And in this chapter, at last the citizenry are moved to change the law. :clap:
I was wondering about that extra “Chapter 27”. It was in the instructions to say it but then the text itself said it again. I opted for too much rather than not enough, figuring it could be cut out if needed.

Thanks so much for the input!

Catherine

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 8th, 2020, 10:49 am

Cemerson wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 10:20 am
msfry wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 9:58 am
PL Notes Chapter 27

:27 repeat Chapter 27
All else is good, and very nicely read! And in this chapter, at last the citizenry are moved to change the law. :clap:
I was wondering about that extra “Chapter 27”. It was in the instructions to say it but then the text itself said it again. I opted for too much rather than not enough, figuring it could be cut out if needed.

Thanks so much for the input!

Catherine
Don't forget to post when you have fixed the PL issue. And, if you have time, would you like to try your hand at Proof Listening? I have a file (Section 46 see above) that needs a listener, and can show you the ropes.

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 17th, 2020, 4:14 pm

Here is the concluding section of Appendix.

I did not include the two footnotes, but do have them recorded, so just let me know if you would like these inserted somewhere.


https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/burkeandhare_47_macgregor_128kb.mp3 20:52

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 17th, 2020, 6:19 pm

Thanks, Larry. I look forward to listening tomorrow. :)

Ciufi
Posts: 565
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » January 20th, 2020, 6:22 pm

I'd like to claim chapter 33, please.

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 20th, 2020, 6:56 pm

PL Notes 47

Around 3:47, you didn't say "blank" where there were several blanks in the text, :
"til even ____ has gazed", and next two lines ending "with thy ______ thy ______ and thy_______.
I leave it up to you how to handle it, just saying it sounds queer to my ear, like something is missing.
14:40 in Blind Alec verse, you say Black Alek (wouldn't mention it but it is referred to correctly a few other times lower down in the text.

My my, that's a load of poetry! And while not classic, it is actually quite descriptive! I enjoyed it, and glad you chose to read it. Good job.
Last edited by msfry on January 20th, 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 20th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Ciufi wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 6:22 pm
I'd like to claim chapter 33, please.
It's yours. Thank you.

silverquill
Posts: 11693
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 20th, 2020, 9:09 pm

msfry wrote:
January 20th, 2020, 6:56 pm
PL Notes 47

Around 3:47, you didn't say "blank" where there were several blanks in the text, :
"til even ____ has gazed", and next two lines ending "with thy ______ thy ______ and thy_______.
I leave it up to you how to handle it, just saying it sounds queer to my ear, like something is missing.
14:40 in Blind Alec verse, you say Black Alek (wouldn't mention it but it is referred to correctly a few other times lower down in the text.

My my, that's a load of poetry! And while not classic, it is actually quite descriptive! I enjoyed it, and glad you chose to read it. Good job.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to handle the blanks. I thought "blank" sounded odd too, but I'd be glad to change it. And, I'lll poke Alek's eyes out. :mrgreen:

Ciufi
Posts: 565
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » January 23rd, 2020, 12:57 pm


msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 23rd, 2020, 1:12 pm

Thanks.

msfry
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » January 23rd, 2020, 9:41 pm

33 is PL OK. Thank you, Ciufi. Could you perhaps PL 46 for me?

Ciufi
Posts: 565
Joined: December 26th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Location: Rohnert Park, California

Post by Ciufi » January 24th, 2020, 11:52 am

I have never pled before, but I will give it a listen right now.

Very nicely done, with only one error. At 10:36, you repeated the phrase "put them down the privy of the empty well."

Post Reply