(Complete) Uncollected Short Stories of L.M. Montgomery by Lucy Maud Montgomery - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

heironymouslex wrote: December 30th, 2019, 7:59 pm
m8b1 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 7:18 am Sections 56, 57, 58, 59, and 60 have been orphaned.

I would like to put a deadline of 1 month on any of these sections, as we are winding down to the end of the project.
Hello,

Please may I claim these 5x sections?

My Best,

Malachy
Hi Malachy,

All yours ~ have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

anneflebari wrote: December 31st, 2019, 12:59 am May I claim sections 56-60, una of the garden? Thanks Anne
Hi Anne,

I'm sorry, but they were claimed just above your post. I was in bed, so I wasn't able to reply until this morning. Sorry

There will be a story added tomorrow, and there will possibly be more orphans, so be on the lookout if you are interested!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Will keep looking! Thanks,, Anne
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Section 90 is now up for grabs! Freshly out of copyright as of today! :-)

As we are winding down towards the end of the project, I am asking for a turnaround of no more than a month please!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
MrDavid

Post by MrDavid »

Hey,

I've made the adjustment to the end of my section 10 recording; it now says "End of section 10" rather than "End of 'A Double Joke'".

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/uncollectedlmm_10_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Duration: 23:51

May I please have an extension for section 50 - 'Maggie's Kitten'? Two weeks should suffice.

Pseudonym: Raymond Cockle

:)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

MrDavid wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 8:47 am Hey,

I've made the adjustment to the end of my section 10 recording; it now says "End of section 10" rather than "End of 'A Double Joke'".

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/uncollectedlmm_10_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Duration: 23:51

May I please have an extension for section 50 - 'Maggie's Kitten'? Two weeks should suffice.

Thank you, I shall PL it shortly!

Yes, that is fine on "Maggie's Kitten. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Section 10 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
FractalPariah

Post by FractalPariah »

Hi!

I'm gonna take Section 90 if I'm doing this right.
FractalPariah

Post by FractalPariah »

m8b1 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 10:26 am Section 90 is now up for grabs! Freshly out of copyright as of today! :-)

As we are winding down towards the end of the project, I am asking for a turnaround of no more than a month please!
I have finished my recording of Section 90. This is my first so I expect I've made some easy errors at the same time as I'm sure that I'm waay more aware than anyone else will be of the many blurred words in my recording. Anyway, here's the link. https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/uncollectedlmm_90_montgomery_128kb.mp3

EDIT: Oh heck, I forgot to snip the first second or so of silence at the beginning...
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi FractalPariah,

Welcome to Librivox. Please let me know what name you would like to use for your catalog page. It can be a real name, forum name, or pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer.

It is usually best to wait for your claim to be acknowledged, before recording ~ in case it was already claimed ~ but in this case you are fine. :-)

You did a nice job! There are a few minor things that need to be fixed.

As you already noted, the silence is a bit long at the beginning. Also, at the end of the intro and before you start the story, you need to say the title of the story: "The Chiver's Light".
@4:17 there is a loud click. If you could try to remove it, or if that doesn't work, to de-amplify it so it isn't so loud, that would be great!
Also, at the end we need 5 seconds of silence.

And one last thing, please tell me the running time of the file - we need it for cataloging.

If you could fix those issues and reupload, using the same file name, that would be great! :thumbs:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a good day. (Or night.)
I have finished my recording of How Bobby Got To The Picnic and would love to get feedback. The runtime of the file is 10:40.
Here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/uncollectedlmm_55_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Thanks in advance for the feedback! :)
FractalPariah

Post by FractalPariah »

I think my name for the catalog page should be Fractal Pariah.

I hadn't expected to take me so little time and regardless I figured that it would kind of be practice if I miffed my recording but it was already done by someone else.

I ought to be able to make all the adjustments you've mentioned. One thing though that I had noticed was that there was an audible, perceivable difference in the background noise of my first session of recording and when I came back later. The split I believe is at about eight and a half minutes I think, I'm not at a place where I can relisten to my recording. I'm sure that kind of joggle of background noise isn't a problem but I was wondering if it's typical? I don't think I've ever noticed it in any other Librivox recordings.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Kristine1990 wrote: January 4th, 2020, 9:58 am Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a good day. (Or night.)
I have finished my recording of How Bobby Got To The Picnic and would love to get feedback. The runtime of the file is 10:40.
Here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/uncollectedlmm_55_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Thanks in advance for the feedback! :)
Hi Kristine,

Thank you ~ you did a lovely job!

There are a few PL Notes:

After the intro and before you start the story, at around 22 seconds, I need you to say the story title: "How Bobby Got To The Picnic"
@10:36 you have the end part that only goes at the end of the last section of the project: "End of Uncollected Short Stories of L.M. Montgomery, by Lucy Maud Montgomery." If you could cut that part out, that would be great! Also, at the very end we need 5 seconds of silence.

If you could fix those issues and re-upload with the same file name, that would be great!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

Thanks Maria. I will fix that up, and send it over. :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

FractalPariah wrote: January 4th, 2020, 11:50 am I think my name for the catalog page should be Fractal Pariah.
Great ~ here is a link to your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/13809
I hadn't expected to take me so little time and regardless I figured that it would kind of be practice if I miffed my recording but it was already done by someone else.
Thats a good way to look at it! :-)
I ought to be able to make all the adjustments you've mentioned. One thing though that I had noticed was that there was an audible, perceivable difference in the background noise of my first session of recording and when I came back later. The split I believe is at about eight and a half minutes I think, I'm not at a place where I can relisten to my recording. I'm sure that kind of joggle of background noise isn't a problem but I was wondering if it's typical? I don't think I've ever noticed it in any other Librivox recordings.
It is possible that some appliance or a computer fan or some such was running during the second recording session? Sometimes mics can be pretty sensitive about picking up background noise that we really don't notice.
I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, so I wouldn't worry about it. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks