COMPLETE [GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ArthurNascimento
Posts: 29
Joined: August 31st, 2019, 10:14 am

Post by ArthurNascimento » September 19th, 2019, 6:42 am

Kennonward wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 1:51 am
This is my first attempt to read for librivox. Where do I find the text for the Aesop's Fables. I have found three different version of the Fables and the Camel and Jupiter are all different. Is there a specific text I could get a link to. I did find the book on Gutenburg,org.
It's on the opening post

silverquill
Posts: 12953
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 19th, 2019, 7:36 am

Kennonward wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 1:51 am
This is my first attempt to read for librivox. Where do I find the text for the Aesop's Fables. I have found three different version of the Fables and the Camel and Jupiter are all different. Is there a specific text I could get a link to. I did find the book on Gutenburg,org.
Well, welcome to LibriVox!

Pleas go to the head post of this thread where you find the Magic Window. Read through everything there because it contains all of the instructions you need for recording. You will find the link to the text we are using in bullet point 4.

You will also find the format for reading the introduction to your recording and what to say at the end. Be sure to have less than one second of silence at the beginning and five seconds at the end. Make sure you have all of the technical specs correct, including volume, and do any noise cleaning if needed. (I routinely do this on all of my recordings). You will see the correct format for naming the files and how to upload them.

In point two there is a link to our Newbie Guide to Recording. I suggest you read through that as well. There is a lot of good information there that will help you get off to a good start.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

~Larry

Hunnoe
Posts: 43
Joined: July 17th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Post by Hunnoe » September 19th, 2019, 11:56 am

Here is section 52 of The fables of Aesop and others. It is 3 minutes 8 seconds long. I tried many times to eliminate the background noise, but was unsuccessful. I hope you don't hear anything, or that it is not too bothersome. Here is the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_051_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 12953
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 19th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Hunnoe wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 11:56 am
Here is section 52 of The fables of Aesop and others. It is 3 minutes 8 seconds long. I tried many times to eliminate the background noise, but was unsuccessful. I hope you don't hear anything, or that it is not too bothersome. Here is the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_051_128kb.mp3
Thanks!
You had me confused at first, because you said it was Section 52, but it is actually 51 . . . .

Just a few comments:

First, excellent reading and so enjoyable to listen to. The bell that is heard about 2:00 really is something that needs to be taken care of. You may need record the phrase or sentence again. But, be careful of the volume because the patch at about 1:27 is louder and so presents a rather jarring effect on the listener.

Finally, we need five seconds of silence at the end, and you have only one.

Just an additional comment -- I thank a longer pause between the end of the story and your "outro" would sound more natural. This seemed kind of abrupt to me I'd make the same observation about the spacing at the beginning of the recording. This is just FYI.

I hope this helps.
~Larry

Fadster
Posts: 30
Joined: July 29th, 2017, 6:55 am

Post by Fadster » September 21st, 2019, 9:24 pm


silverquill
Posts: 12953
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 21st, 2019, 10:58 pm

Fadster wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:24 pm
Hello,
section 95 is ready
time: 2:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_095_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL.

rwarden
Posts: 2
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Post by rwarden » September 22nd, 2019, 11:20 am

Hi this is the first thing I am volunteering for here. I can do sections 94 and 96. I will probably volunteer for a few more, but I just want to get some feedback before I dive all the way in. I would like to be credited as Richard Warden, please. Thanks!

Maeve
Posts: 17
Joined: January 27th, 2018, 11:10 am

Post by Maeve » September 22nd, 2019, 11:52 am


silverquill
Posts: 12953
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 23rd, 2019, 7:09 am

rwarden wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 11:20 am
Hi this is the first thing I am volunteering for here. I can do sections 94 and 96. I will probably volunteer for a few more, but I just want to get some feedback before I dive all the way in. I would like to be credited as Richard Warden, please. Thanks!
I'd be glad to have you make your LV debut with this project.

We do, however, request that all readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out your recording set up and specifications. There should be directions for this in your welcome message, or you can also find that in the Newbie Guide to Recording, linked under bullet point 2 in the initial post in this thread. You should read through that anyway because it has a lot of good information to get you off to a good start.

I'll save these sections for you, but when you have the "OK" on your test, post another note here and I'll get you set up.

Let me know if you have any questions.

~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 12953
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 23rd, 2019, 7:12 am

Maeve wrote:
September 22nd, 2019, 11:52 am
Good day!

Section 122 is done -

2:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_122_aesop_128kb.mp3
Thank you.
In the MW Ready for PL

emilolive
Posts: 3
Joined: July 5th, 2016, 2:46 pm

Post by emilolive » September 23rd, 2019, 11:09 am

Hello!
I would love to read sections 36,37,38, and 39 of Asop's Fables.
Thanks so much
- Emily

Jmbau13
Posts: 681
Joined: June 10th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Post by Jmbau13 » September 23rd, 2019, 8:00 pm

Fadster wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:24 pm
Hello,
section 95 is ready
time: 2:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_095_aesop_128kb.mp3
PL OK. Lovely reading by the way.
regards
Jane Bennett

silverquill
Posts: 12953
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 23rd, 2019, 8:18 pm

emilolive wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 11:09 am
Hello!
I would love to read sections 36,37,38, and 39 of Asop's Fables.
Thanks so much
- Emily
Hi!
I'd love to have you read for this project.
However, as you may notice in the MagicWindow, I am saving these for another reader.
Still waiting for him to complete his one-minute test and get back to me. The may become available, but I need to hold them a bit longer.

In the meantime, are there other sections you like to try?

2839reader
Posts: 935
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Post by 2839reader » September 23rd, 2019, 9:30 pm

Hi, FYI I posted my readings on page 9 not in MW yet.
Signature: KATHLEEN

Fadster
Posts: 30
Joined: July 29th, 2017, 6:55 am

Post by Fadster » September 23rd, 2019, 10:58 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 8:00 pm
Fadster wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 9:24 pm
Hello,
section 95 is ready
time: 2:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_095_aesop_128kb.mp3
PL OK. Lovely reading by the way.
Thanks Jane! Very kind of you to say that.

Post Reply