[COMPLETE] Letters On England by Voltaire - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » May 6th, 2020, 8:14 am

Hi, Kevin,

Letter 17 is uploaded for PL. Thank you and have a nice day.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_17_128kb.mp3 (17:43, 90dB)

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 7th, 2020, 12:29 pm

IstXA wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 8:14 am
Hi, Kevin,

Letter 17 is uploaded for PL. Thank you and have a nice day.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_17_128kb.mp3 (17:43, 90dB)
PL OK!

I couldn't understand a word of the mathS and all, but you sounded great!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » May 7th, 2020, 1:25 pm

:D :D That's typical Voltaire - he thinks French are superior except for Newton. He's showing off how much He knows through writing about Newton :D
KevinS wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 12:29 pm
IstXA wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 8:14 am
Hi, Kevin,

Letter 17 is uploaded for PL. Thank you and have a nice day.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_17_128kb.mp3 (17:43, 90dB)
PL OK!

I couldn't understand a word of the mathS and all, but you sounded great!

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » June 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am

Hi, Kevin, Letter 18 is now uploaded. "Pardon my blemishes of the reading of Hamlet and the French pronunciation & intonation .... :roll: "

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_18_128kb.mp3 (18:35, 89.9dB)

Xiaoyan

p.s. G's Ruskin to follow soon...

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 16th, 2020, 12:24 pm

IstXA wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am
Hi, Kevin, Letter 18 is now uploaded. "Pardon my blemishes of the reading of Hamlet and the French pronunciation & intonation .... :roll: "

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_18_128kb.mp3 (18:35, 89.9dB)

Xiaoyan

p.s. G's Ruskin to follow soon...
I thought you did a wonderful job! PL OK!

Voltaire with his strong, strong opinions... I can't say I disagree with him all the time.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » June 17th, 2020, 2:42 pm

phew :clap: merci beaucoup.
KevinS wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 12:24 pm
IstXA wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am
Hi, Kevin, Letter 18 is now uploaded. "Pardon my blemishes of the reading of Hamlet and the French pronunciation & intonation .... :roll: "

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_18_128kb.mp3 (18:35, 89.9dB)

Xiaoyan

p.s. G's Ruskin to follow soon...
I thought you did a wonderful job! PL OK!

Voltaire with his strong, strong opinions... I can't say I disagree with him all the time.

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » July 1st, 2020, 6:56 am

Letter19 is now uploaded for your PL. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_19_128kb.mp3 (13:29 88.6dB)

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 1st, 2020, 9:30 am

IstXA wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 6:56 am
Letter19 is now uploaded for your PL. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_19_128kb.mp3 (13:29 88.6dB)
Thank you!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » July 3rd, 2020, 11:36 am

IstXA wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 6:56 am
Letter19 is now uploaded for your PL. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_19_128kb.mp3 (13:29 88.6dB)
PL OK!

I wonder if the French at that time had something called a 'spoiler alert"!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » September 2nd, 2020, 9:37 am

Good afternoon, Kevin, Letter 20 is now ready for PL - THANK YOU - it is a very short one... :D . Four more letters to go, more French to come though...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_20_128kb.mp3 (05:15 89.3dB)

Oh, the original text doesn't have the poem in English...here is a Google translated version for your fun....

What have I seen in Italy?
Pride, shrewdness, and poverty,
Big compliments, little kindness
And a lot of ceremony.

“The extravagant comedy
That often the Inquisition
Wind that we call religion
But here we call madness.

“Nature in vain beneficent
Wind to enrich its charming places,
Priests with a sorrowful hand
Stifles its most beautiful presents.

“The monsignors, so saying Grands,
Alone in their magnificent palaces
There are illustrious lazy people,
Without money, and without servants.

“For the little ones, without freedom,
Martyrs of the yoke that dominates them,
They took a vow of poverty,
Praying to God out of idleness
And always fasting from famine.

“These beautiful places of the blessed Pope
Seem to live by devils;
And the miserable inhabitants
Are damned in Paradise.

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 2nd, 2020, 10:32 am

IstXA wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 9:37 am
Good afternoon, Kevin, Letter 20 is now ready for PL - THANK YOU - it is a very short one... :D . Four more letters to go, more French to come though...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_20_128kb.mp3 (05:15 89.3dB)

Oh, the original text doesn't have the poem in English...here is a Google translated version for your fun....

What have I seen in Italy?
Pride, shrewdness, and poverty,
Big compliments, little kindness
And a lot of ceremony.

“The extravagant comedy
That often the Inquisition
Wind that we call religion
But here we call madness.

“Nature in vain beneficent
Wind to enrich its charming places,
Priests with a sorrowful hand
Stifles its most beautiful presents.

“The monsignors, so saying Grands,
Alone in their magnificent palaces
There are illustrious lazy people,
Without money, and without servants.

“For the little ones, without freedom,
Martyrs of the yoke that dominates them,
They took a vow of poverty,
Praying to God out of idleness
And always fasting from famine.

“These beautiful places of the blessed Pope
Seem to live by devils;
And the miserable inhabitants
Are damned in Paradise.
You're so very sweet to think of me.

I often wonder if I am too old to learn French.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm

IstXA wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 9:37 am
Good afternoon, Kevin, Letter 20 is now ready for PL - THANK YOU - it is a very short one... :D . Four more letters to go, more French to come though...
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_20_128kb.mp3 (05:15 89.3dB)
PL OK! It's lovely to hear your voice again!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » September 8th, 2020, 2:32 pm

KevinS wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 10:32 am
IstXA wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 9:37 am
Good afternoon, Kevin, Letter 20 is now ready for PL - THANK YOU - it is a very short one... :D . Four more letters to go, more French to come though...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_20_128kb.mp3 (05:15 89.3dB)

Oh, the original text doesn't have the poem in English...here is a Google translated version for your fun....

What have I seen in Italy?
Pride, shrewdness, and poverty,
Big compliments, little kindness
And a lot of ceremony.

“The extravagant comedy
That often the Inquisition
Wind that we call religion
But here we call madness.

“Nature in vain beneficent
Wind to enrich its charming places,
Priests with a sorrowful hand
Stifles its most beautiful presents.

“The monsignors, so saying Grands,
Alone in their magnificent palaces
There are illustrious lazy people,
Without money, and without servants.

“For the little ones, without freedom,
Martyrs of the yoke that dominates them,
They took a vow of poverty,
Praying to God out of idleness
And always fasting from famine.

“These beautiful places of the blessed Pope
Seem to live by devils;
And the miserable inhabitants
Are damned in Paradise.
You're so very sweet to think of me.

I often wonder if I am too old to learn French.
I just started learning French too - the prose Voltaire appreciatively translated or (mockingly?!) is too good to keep to myself... ehhe

IstXA
Posts: 142
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 5:19 am

Post by IstXA » October 1st, 2020, 6:03 am

Letter 21 is uploaded for your PL, Kevin. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_21_128kb.mp3 (15:44 89.6dB)

KevinS
Posts: 9357
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » October 4th, 2020, 7:05 pm

IstXA wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 6:03 am
Letter 21 is uploaded for your PL, Kevin. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/lettersonengland_21_128kb.mp3 (15:44 89.6dB)
PL OK!

Always perfect!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

Post Reply