[COMPLETE] The Moon Maid by Edgar Rice Burroughs - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
Chapters 10 and 11 are both PL OK. Marvelous readings. :)

Betty
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Thanks, Betty! I thrive on praise. And here is Chapter 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/moonmaid_chapter_12_burroughs_128kb.mp3.

Tom
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Chapter 13 is up: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/moonmaid_chapter_13_burroughs_128kb.mp3.

I am now recording the short final chapter, and I feel that I should add a few lines to the introduction. Here is what I want to add:

The perceptive reader will perceive the author's peculiar notions concerning the behavior of volcanos and his apparent belief that the moon rotates on its axis at a rate considerably greater than once a month, offenses against scientific fact that are hard to pardon in a writer of science fiction, but if they can be overlooked, the variety of incident and the fast pace of the action, full of surprises, amply repay the reader's generous indulgence.

Tom
Last edited by chymocles on September 15th, 2019, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
Chapter 12 is PL OK. :) I'll PL chap 13 on Monday morning.

Betty
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

chymocles wrote: September 15th, 2019, 8:56 am I am now recording the short final chapter, and I feel that I should add a few lines to the introduction. Here is what I want to add:

The perceptive reader will perceive the author's peculiar notions concerning the behavior of volcanos and his apparent belief that the moon rotates on its axis at a rate considerably greater than once a month, offenses against scientific fact that are hard to pardon in a writer of science fiction, but if they can be overlooked, the variety of incident and the fast pace of the action, full of surprises, amply repay the reader's generous indulgence.
What do you mean? Record it somewhere? That's a no-go. If you just want to add this to the summary for the catalog, that's fine and I can do it for you.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

That was what I meant, to add this to the summary for the catalog, and I am glad that my meaning was not clear, for now that I think about it, I realize that I have not the skill in physics to support a part of my statement. Therefore I would like the complete headnote to read as follows:

Sabotage accidentally takes Earth's first manned interplanetary expedition to the Moon, where a sublunar adventure ensues, involving two intelligent species and a good deal of fighting as well as romance. The perceptive reader will perceive the author's peculiar notions concerning the behavior of volcanos, an offense against scientific fact that is hard to pardon in a writer of science fiction, but if it can be overlooked, the variety of incident and the fast pace of the action, full of surprises, amply repay the reader's generous indulgence.

I do not wish to claim the artwork for the cover.

Thanks,

Tom
Last edited by chymocles on September 16th, 2019, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
The last two chapters, chaps 13 and 14 are both PL OK. Super readings. The ending of the story was very quick I thought. Congratulations on this new solo project. :thumbs:

Betty
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

Yes, the ending is clearly not the ending but rather an interruption. There are two sequels, neither of which is available in digital form as far as I am aware. Thanks for your hard work, Betty. I hope to work with you again.

Tom
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks for letting me know Tom. I'll add your new summary.

I'm out all day, so cataloging will have to wait a little while. Sorry for the delay.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks for your patience - and congratulations to another completed book:

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:
https://librivox.org/the-moon-maid-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com