[COMPLETE][SOLO][Gothic novel] The Castles of Athlin and Dunbayne by Ann Radcliffe - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 31st, 2019, 5:59 am

ah I'm being spoiled with 2 chapters today :9: excellent perfectly PL ok readings again. The story of the Baroness is tragic and I have a new prediction. Knowing Ann Radcliffe plots I am suspecting that the baroness' young son has not died but is in fact Alleyn. :mrgreen: So he will be the legal heir in the end and Mary can marry him without any class-difference problems. Osbert will marry Laura and all are happy in the end.

Sonia

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » August 31st, 2019, 7:36 am

Kitty wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 5:59 am
ah I'm being spoiled with 2 chapters today :9: excellent perfectly PL ok readings again. The story of the Baroness is tragic and I have a new prediction. Knowing Ann Radcliffe plots I am suspecting that the baroness' young son has not died but is in fact Alleyn. :mrgreen: So he will be the legal heir in the end and Mary can marry him without any class-difference problems. Osbert will marry Laura and all are happy in the end.

Sonia
You have guessed correctly. I recorded all the chapters yesterday! Just have to fix errors now. It was a nice short "feel good" book. Thank you!
- Lauren

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 31st, 2019, 7:37 am

narratedbyrandall wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:36 am
You have guessed correctly.
I am now being very smug about this 8-) :lol:

cool, this project is close to completion then :9:

Sonia

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » August 31st, 2019, 7:38 am

:clap: ...maybe by tomorrow...
Kitty wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:37 am
narratedbyrandall wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:36 am
You have guessed correctly.
I am now being very smug about this 8-) :lol:

cool, this project is close to completion then :9:

Sonia
- Lauren

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » August 31st, 2019, 12:10 pm

- Lauren

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 31st, 2019, 12:40 pm

:? I didn't like this chapter too much. The mother and Osbert trying to convince Mary that she needs to marry the Count instead of the "unworthy" Alleyn were not really sympathtic in my eyes. It was a slap in the face of Alleyn, who did so much for them, risked his life and all. :(

But: a great reading nevertheless, Lauren. :thumbs: Totally PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia

miss stav
Posts: 14087
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » August 31st, 2019, 1:06 pm

According to their colture, class was the most important thing. so Allen could do a lot and still be "unworthy".
Love Children's books? Try On Angel's Wings. Looking for an easy read? Try Herb Of Grace. Want some philosophy? Try The History Of The Devil. Like mysteries? Try Natalie Paige.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 31st, 2019, 1:08 pm

miss stav wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 1:06 pm
According to their colture, class was the most important thing. so Allen could do a lot and still be "unworthy".
I know...doesn't mean I have to like it ;) To me, merit would always be more worthy than birth. And if they thought like that, they could have married her off to the rich Baron of Athlin, he was worthy in their class.

Sonia

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » September 1st, 2019, 2:04 pm

- Lauren

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 2nd, 2019, 3:46 am

excellent chapter again. Aha, the baron died a bit faster than I expected :lol: and now the way is paved for the discovery of Alleyn's family tree. ;)

Perfectly PL ok again, thank you Lauren !

Sonia

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » September 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm

- Lauren

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » September 2nd, 2019, 9:50 pm

Final Chapter (Chapter 12) is PL ready.

29:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/athlinanddunbayne_12_radcliffe_128kb.mp3

Thank you for reviewing! :D
- Lauren

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 3rd, 2019, 1:14 am

wow, an excellent job all around, Lauren :clap: You finished this book in record time and the last two chapters are also PL ok. And what a happy ending it is, every good man is rewarded in the end and love triumphs. :9: A bit unbelievable, but charming. I loved the book and your narration.

Now all that remains is the cataloguing, which I will take care of now. Will post the link once it's done. :)

Congrats to a great solo.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18708
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » September 3rd, 2019, 2:01 am

and here is the finished result:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-castles-of-athlin-and-dunbayne-by-ann-radcliffe/

Moving over to Completed :)

Sonia

narratedbyrandall
Posts: 68
Joined: June 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Post by narratedbyrandall » September 3rd, 2019, 5:00 am

Kitty wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 1:14 am
wow, an excellent job all around, Lauren :clap: You finished this book in record time and the last two chapters are also PL ok. And what a happy ending it is, every good man is rewarded in the end and love triumphs. :9: A bit unbelievable, but charming. I loved the book and your narration.

Now all that remains is the cataloguing, which I will take care of now. Will post the link once it's done. :)

Congrats to a great solo.

Sonia
Sonia, Thank you for your kind words and for your time and guidance!

:clap:
- Lauren

Post Reply