[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:52 am Part 1 Chapters 5-6 is PL OK. (That was fun listening to Jasmin in action!).

One little note:
2:34
This is all part of the narrator’s part, but there is an awkward connection between“…another” and “part…” – Maybe if you faded in to “part” it would flow more smoothly.

“Domestic mails are those that carry letters from one part of a country to another part of the same country, or from one part of a city to another.”
I fiddled with this a bit, but I don't know if it made an appreciable difference.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 10 also ready for PL.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Part 1 Chapters 7-8 is PL OK! Nice work!
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

mightyfelix wrote: July 10th, 2020, 8:51 pm Minor word switch in section 8 for Jip. I'll PM Rafe to see if we can get a redo. If not, though, it won't be too bad.

(2:40, for my own reference. :wink:)

EDIT: I finished editing on that section anyway and uploaded it with the switched word in it, just in case of any unusual eventuality. :)
No worries - I've uploaded the corrected sentence here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_jipcorrection_8_128kb.mp3

- Rafe
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Rafe, this is perfect! I've incorporated that into the completed section.

(TJ, when you PL, if you just use the section number in your posts, instead of Part/Chapter, it would make it a little easier on me. :) )
benderca

Post by benderca »

Section 5 is PL OK!

Nice work!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:11 am
benderca wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:52 am Part 1 Chapters 5-6 is PL OK. (That was fun listening to Jasmin in action!).

One little note:
2:34
This is all part of the narrator’s part, but there is an awkward connection between“…another” and “part…” – Maybe if you faded in to “part” it would flow more smoothly.

“Domestic mails are those that carry letters from one part of a country to another part of the same country, or from one part of a city to another.”
I fiddled with this a bit, but I don't know if it made an appreciable difference.
Sounds good!
silverquill wrote: July 8th, 2020, 9:47 pm I would be glad to redo that line if it would help!
Not necessary. Thanks!

Section 3 is PL OK!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, it's obvious by now that I overestimated my own capability when I said I planned to do a section a day. Or I underestimated how worn out I would be when I got home from work each day. Still, section 11 is now ready for PL, and that leaves only 5 sections to go. I think it's reasonable to say we should be able to finish up in about a week.

Have you and Jasmin had a chance to try to get that missing line for the seagull yet?
MadsfromOz

Post by MadsfromOz »

Hi,

I saw the orphaned lines for the seagull on the "orphans" forum and have given it my best shot. Here it is.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_seagull_orphaned_lines_128kb.mp3

I see now that someone else may have put up their hand to do it so please discard this if it is no longer required.

Kind regards,
Madeleine
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: July 17th, 2020, 10:26 pm Well, it's obvious by now that I overestimated my own capability when I said I planned to do a section a day. Or I underestimated how worn out I would be when I got home from work each day. Still, section 11 is now ready for PL, and that leaves only 5 sections to go. I think it's reasonable to say we should be able to finish up in about a week.
Well, I underestimated how quickly you would pound these out :clap: and how long it would take for me to PL when I volunteered, so I'm a bit behind... :help:
mightyfelix wrote: July 17th, 2020, 10:26 pm Have you and Jasmin had a chance to try to get that missing line for the seagull yet?
She's had quite a busy week, but we both will have more time early this coming week. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 12 is ready!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MadsfromOz wrote: July 18th, 2020, 2:01 am Hi,

I saw the orphaned lines for the seagull on the "orphans" forum and have given it my best shot. Here it is.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_seagull_orphaned_lines_128kb.mp3

I see now that someone else may have put up their hand to do it so please discard this if it is no longer required.

Kind regards,
Madeleine
Thank you so much! :D Yes, there is another reader who is planning to give it a shot, but I so appreciate your help! If she doesn't have a chance to get to it, it is great to already have the line needed. And now she doesn't need to feel any pressure, either, if she changes her mind. :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 13 is uploading as we speak! :thumbs: Only 3 to go.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Section 7 (Part 2 Chapters 5-7)

One small note:

At 21:51 the line reads "The man's a fake." Somehow the the final "k" sound in "fake" got cut off (maybe during editing?). This could be confusing because it sounds like the man is a "fay" :lol: . This could easily be repaired by adding a "k" sound to the end of the word (it doesn't even have to be the original reader -- my experience when editing has shown is that everyone's "k" sound sounds pretty much the same :D ).

Otherwise, Section 7 is PL OK!

Nicely done!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Section 8 is PL OK!

Nicely done!
TJ