[COMPLETE] "The First Nowell" - Christmas Carol Collection 2019

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
erieston
Posts: 73
Joined: October 5th, 2019, 4:53 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Post by erieston » October 28th, 2019, 8:53 am

Oh boy am I excited for this!! I’ll be back when I record on my laptop (I noticed there wasn’t a MW; is there another way we need to upload?) this is just so I can find the thread again since I have the memory of Dory 😂🐠
If a Deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? :lol:

LissySchneider
Posts: 99
Joined: October 5th, 2019, 9:30 am
Location: Allgäu, Germany

Post by LissySchneider » October 28th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Heyho!
I try to find some time to record it, maybe tomorrow. Any interest for a second voice, too? The original is for four voices. :wink:
Greets, Lissy
"If you see it, darling, it's there!" Freddy Mercury

JayKitty76
Posts: 1763
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 28th, 2019, 2:57 pm

I wanted to record mine as soon as I could get back on LibriVox again (I've been busy) so that would be today... and of course, today of all days I have a cold and a sore throat. :!: :evil: It's ok though. I'll do it as soon as I get better.
Just letting you know, Twinkle, I haven't forgotten about it and it's been in the back of my mind all the time. I just need to get fully well so I can give it 100%. :wink:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3365
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 30th, 2019, 8:35 am

erieston wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 8:53 am
Oh boy am I excited for this!! I’ll be back when I record on my laptop (I noticed there wasn’t a MW; is there another way we need to upload?) this is just so I can find the thread again since I have the memory of Dory 😂🐠
Awesome!! Thanks!

For this project there's no Magic Window, but uploading works the same way. Upload your files to dlolso21's folder, and post the link here in the thread.
Last edited by Twinkle88 on October 30th, 2019, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3365
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 30th, 2019, 8:36 am

LissySchneider wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 12:04 pm
Heyho!
I try to find some time to record it, maybe tomorrow. Any interest for a second voice, too? The original is for four voices. :wink:
Greets, Lissy
Yes, harmonies are welcome if that's what you'd like to do! :)

Twinkle88
Posts: 3365
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 30th, 2019, 8:37 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 2:57 pm
I wanted to record mine as soon as I could get back on LibriVox again (I've been busy) so that would be today... and of course, today of all days I have a cold and a sore throat. :!: :evil: It's ok though. I'll do it as soon as I get better.
Just letting you know, Twinkle, I haven't forgotten about it and it's been in the back of my mind all the time. I just need to get fully well so I can give it 100%. :wink:
Oh, no! It's so annoying when that happens. Hope you feel better soon! :)

LissySchneider
Posts: 99
Joined: October 5th, 2019, 9:30 am
Location: Allgäu, Germany

Post by LissySchneider » October 30th, 2019, 10:21 am

Yes, harmonies are welcome if that's what you'd like to do!
Great! I'm struggling with a cold right now, but als soon as I find my voice back :roll: , I could do the Soprano and the Alto. The other voices might be too low for me...
"If you see it, darling, it's there!" Freddy Mercury

JayKitty76
Posts: 1763
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: Hogwarts (I'm a Ravenclaw)
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » October 30th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Twinkle88 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 8:37 am
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 2:57 pm
I wanted to record mine as soon as I could get back on LibriVox again (I've been busy) so that would be today... and of course, today of all days I have a cold and a sore throat. :!: :evil: It's ok though. I'll do it as soon as I get better.
Just letting you know, Twinkle, I haven't forgotten about it and it's been in the back of my mind all the time. I just need to get fully well so I can give it 100%. :wink:
Oh, no! It's so annoying when that happens. Hope you feel better soon! :)
Thank you. I am feeling better now but decided to wait a couple days for safety measures, so I can give it my best. :wink:
Rachel
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape
.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3365
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 30th, 2019, 7:14 pm

LissySchneider wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 10:21 am
Yes, harmonies are welcome if that's what you'd like to do!
Great! I'm struggling with a cold right now, but als soon as I find my voice back :roll: , I could do the Soprano and the Alto. The other voices might be too low for me...
Oh, no! I hope you get to feeling better soon, too! Thanks!! Just know that I may only use one of your recordings if we don’t get many more sent in, so as to have one recording per volunteer.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3365
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » October 30th, 2019, 7:16 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 7:01 pm
Thank you. I am feeling better now but decided to wait a couple days for safety measures, so I can give it my best. :wink:
Sounds good! Thanks! :)

laughingcat302
Posts: 118
Joined: October 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Post by laughingcat302 » November 4th, 2019, 10:46 am

This is awesome!! I will definitely be lending my voice to this one :)
:clap: :clap: :D :9:
Violet Bleu
"She believed she could, so she did"--R.S. Grey

robinlamb
Posts: 148
Joined: March 3rd, 2016, 1:14 pm

Post by robinlamb » November 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Are we going to have a Christmas Carol collection this year?

commonsparrow3
Posts: 2837
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » November 4th, 2019, 4:45 pm

robinlamb wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Are we going to have a Christmas Carol collection this year?
I was just thinking that it's about time for me to start the Christmas Carol Collection. I've been busy with a lot of work lately, but I have a couple days off this week, so I hope to get the carol collection up and running in a day or two.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3365
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 4th, 2019, 7:03 pm

laughingcat302 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:46 am
This is awesome!! I will definitely be lending my voice to this one :)
:clap: :clap: :D :9:
That's great!! Thank you so much! :)

commonsparrow3
Posts: 2837
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » November 5th, 2019, 10:51 am

Okay, the 2019 Christmas Carol Collection thread is posted --
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=77060

As soon as we have a MW, I will save a slot for "The First Nowell" chorus!

Post Reply