COMPLETE[Romanian] Balade si Idile by George Cosbuc-leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

irondog70 wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:57 amI did, indeed, re-recorded the 49 from scratch. My voice sounds a bit different from day to day and I wanted to give some consistency.
hmmm, all right, but if you do re-record from scratch (which is not recommended), at least tell the DPL that you did it, because here I noticed by chance because of the discrepancy of the time-stamp, but if it had been the same, I would not have noticed and only done a Spot PL.

It's not recommend to re-record, but we rather encourage practicing editing, mainly for two reasons:

1) it's too much work for the reader AND for the DPLer. With short poems it doesn't matter much, but re-listening to longer sections does take some time, which could be saved if the editing was done
2) the risk of doing another error in another spot are high with a new recording, so if every reader always re-recorded with every new error, I think we would never be done with a project ;)

well, all is ok now, I listened to it all again and it's PL ok. :) So no harm done this time.

And practicing editing will make you better, believe me. Even getting your voice to match will improve with every error you correct. On the long run it will save us all much time.
The titles are from the hathitrust version.
oh ok, well I used the link that was in the first post, because usually we should ONLY use that one link.
(Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/baladeiidile00cogoog/page/n9 )

Here it seems the text was identical, so no harm done (again), apart from the titles which differ a tiny bit. But it's really best that you give ONE link and stick with that one throughout the project.
I'll leave the two together per this version.
that's ok then, PL ok.

And that means, the project can get archived. :clap: Good job, Cornel !

Sonia
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Hi Sonia,
I apologize for all the inconveniences caused. I'll follow that advice for future projects.
I'm guessing that you are German or Swiss and that explains the rigor, clockwork precision, zero tolerance from the rule, exigence and high expectations from everyone around you. :clap:
My Latin blood is, sometimes, overlooking the equations and algorithms, trying to improvise for a more esthetic outcome, that could be detrimental to a well functioning mechanism. :roll:
Thank you for guiding and counseling me. :D
You are the Best! :clap:
Cornel Nemes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

irondog70 wrote: August 14th, 2019, 8:33 amI'm guessing that you are German or Swiss and that explains the rigor, clockwork precision, zero tolerance from the rule, exigence and high expectations from everyone around you. :clap:
I am Luxembourgish and I don't think I am a zero-tolerance person. Please, this assessment of you hurts my feelings :(

This is not "my" rule, but a a well-founded LV advice that we implement so that the work for our volunteers will not exceed beyond what is necessary.

Only imagine yourself as DPL once...and you have to re-listen to a 50-minute recording because the reader re-recorded it all from scratch even though he only had one tiny error...would you be happy in that case ? Would you not think that you could have used this one hour better for recording your own sections ? Just put yourself in my shoes before you judge me harshly.
trying to improvise for a more esthetic outcome, that could be detrimental to a well functioning mechanism. :roll:
I do not think that my own recordings lack esthetic, even though I try to be as precise as possible. The one doesn't necessarily exclude the other ;) Anyway, your own recordings were all word-perfect, so you are quite rigorous in your work as well.

Sonia
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Oh No! I'm so sorry! It's the translation and the text limitations, that are sending you a distorted message. I think you are very talented and quite dramatic in all of your readings. I did listen to many of your interpretations and dramatic readings and I strongly believe that you could have been a great stage actress. Oh my! I'm actually admiring your high level of professionalism and I hope that one day, I can be as accurate and precise as you are. I strongly agree with everything you've said and I do realize the extra work involved, if any reader is re-doing it. I do not judge you! I'm a big fan of Sonia! :D
You are one of the LV's pillars and people to learn from.
I have only tried to present my superficiality, mediocrity and weak structure when doing work for LV in comparison to your elevated work ethics.
I'm not even dreaming to reach your standards, because I can't be that good, period.
Please, please, please accept my apology. I wish I could give you some flowers to forgive me. :)
Cornel Nemes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

irondog70 wrote: August 14th, 2019, 9:44 amI have only tried to present my superficiality, mediocrity and weak structure when doing work for LV in comparison to your elevated work ethics.
I'm not even dreaming to reach your standards, because I can't be that good, period.
oh no false modesty, you are really a very good reader too. Mediocre is a strong word, which I don't think applies to you at all.
Please, please, please accept my apology. I wish I could give you some flowers to forgive me. :)
don't worry, we're ok. I'm not holding a grudge. :) I was only hurt by the word "zero-tolerance" because I don't think that's me.

Sonia
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Amazing. Thanks much, Sonia! Starting the cataloging process now.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/balade-si-idile-by-george-cosbuc/

Congratulations, Cornel and Sonia! :clap: :clap:
Leni
=================
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

Thank you Leni and Sonia!
This is my first librivox "Baby" . :birthday: :thumbs: :D
Cornel Nemes