[COMPLETE][HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY]World's Story 8: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, the Poles - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 3:16 am ANNOUNCEMENT

earlier than expected, Book 9 is launched:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=76913

after the huuuge title in this project, you may all be pleased to notice that the next book will be called "England". :lol:

Sonia
love the brevity of the one word title :wink:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 26th, 2019, 2:44 pmFinally, finally, finally I have recorded my sections. So sorry for the long wait, as I'm one of the last to get mine in. :oops:
well we are still waiting for one more, so you are not the last one yet :mrgreen: and thank you for these excellent narrations, they were well worth the wait. I simply loved the ballad of Elsie and I hope you didn't mind that I gave you a rather longer section with that one. I just knew you had the right sensitivity for it. :D

Marcellus of course is also brilliantly played out, a bit fearful in places and dutiful in others. Totally well done. All sections PL ok.

You still have section 64 outstanding, do you missed that one ? Or did you only forget to upload ? :hmm:

And Jim, I finished assembling the entire Hamlet excerpt just now, so whenever you have time to PL, let me know your verdict. In my opinion: Guys, you all sound great together 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_046_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 14:36 min.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 46 is PL OK! Well done!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 28th, 2019, 3:25 am Section 46 is PL OK! Well done!
thank you, Jim. I'm happy you liked it :)

Waiting for two more sections and then this project is done. 8-)

Sonia
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

I had a question, there are some lines on pages 422 and 423 that I have to read.

"64° N lat.".

I just wanted to see how I would need to say for these lines.

I'm thinking

"64° North Latitude" or "64° North along the latitude line"

Some insight would be most appreciated.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PatrS wrote: October 31st, 2019, 6:28 pm I had a question, there are some lines on pages 422 and 423 that I have to read.
"64° N lat.".
I just wanted to see how I would need to say for these lines.
I'm thinking
"64° North Latitude" or "64° North along the latitude line"
Some insight would be most appreciated.
I think I would have said "Sixty degrees North Latitude". :) Thanks for asking. And I'm also happy that I hear back from you. This project is so close to finishing, so it's good to hear you are still on it. :9:

Thank you

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Ahh, sorry Sonia, I had somehow overlooked this section during my initial recording. :oops: I recorded it now and hope it's okay!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_064_tappan_128kb.mp3 (4:18)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 1st, 2019, 6:00 pmAhh, sorry Sonia, I had somehow overlooked this section during my initial recording. :oops: I recorded it now and hope it's okay!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_064_tappan_128kb.mp3 (4:18)
excellent, thank you, Tomas, this section is also perfectily PL ok. And that leaves us with only one final section to be finished before we can archive. :9:

Sonia
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PatrS wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 2:57 pmHere is section 84
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_084_tappan_128kb.mp3
File duration 10:18
wohooo, thank you so much, Patrick, this is the final section we were all waiting for :9: And an excellent reading it is :thumbs: but wow the native Greenlanders had a hard lot there, being abducted by the Danish and dying on grief :(

The text was flawlessly read, I only have two very small notes to correct here:

> at 1:16: could you please just add "the editor" after the intro, just like it is written in the book, before you start with the text proper ?

> at 10:18: at the end you stop quite abruptly. Please add the required standard 5 seconds of silence there

Just reupload with the exact same filename, and the new one will replace the old one.

So close ! Thank you :D

Sonia
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

I have made the suggested corrections to section 84

File duration 10:24
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PatrS wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:25 am I have made the suggested corrections to section 84
File duration 10:24
yay, super, thank you for the prompt correction. :9: It's all PL ok now. :clap:

And that means we have reached the end of the project. A wonderful job by all our contributors, so here comes the traditional thank you speech :D

Book 8 has been recorded by 25 readers in total. Many have been in more than one book in the series, so here you can see the colour-coded credits (in alphabetical order)

Key to colour-coding (for those who are interested) :

Red: readers in each and every one of the 8 books :clap:
Blue: readers in 7 books
Green: readers in 6 books
Violet: readers in 5 books
Orange: readers in 3 books
Brown: readers in 2 books
and Black: readers for whom this was the first book in the series. We had quite a few newcomers this time. :thumbs:

adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / bluechien / catharmaiden / ChrisFields / ColleenMC / flup / Fongie / Foon / Hopeforce1 / Hunnoe / Jmbau13 / kathrinee / KevinS / Kikisaulite / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / PatrS / Phjodor / WiltedScribe

PatrS and Hunnoe had their very first claims in this project, if I'm not mistaken, so it's great to have you on board. I hope there are many more sections to come.

And as always, some milestones of this project:

1) Alan bagged the first PL ok section award this time, not only in the play but also with his Battle-Song of Gustavus Adolphus. Congrats Alan !

2) the 50% PL ok mark was reached by April with the huge story about Sigrid the Haughty, which coincidentally also awards her the distinction of having accomplished the longest section (35 minutes !) My respect for hardiness, April !

3) the 100th PL ok section was handed in by Colleen with Waldemar Atterdag and the Hansa. And by then we were so near to completion. Thanks Colleen !

4) the award for most sections, 20 in total and one role in the DR, goes to Jim yet again. Thanks for your continued faithfulness to the project, Jim. And of course also thanks for PLing all of my own sections

5) a big cheer also for our rather small theatre group this time, unfortunately we only had one play on offer, but you all did a wonderful job to bring Hamlet's ghost scene to life: Alan, Eva, Jim, Nemo, Tomas (and myself as hopefully not boring narrator :lol: )

6) and last but not least, a special thanks again to Miguel (Basquetteur), who will surprise us again with a wonderful cover, I trust. (Haven't seen it myself yet at this point)

Thank you ALL ! And I hope to see you again in the next books in this series. Still a few more to come.

Now proceeding to cataloguing, will post back when all is done and dusted.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phew this took a long time to archive, but finally we're done :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-viii-by-eva-march-tappan/

Moving us to Completed projects.

Thank you all

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: November 6th, 2019, 1:42 am phew this took a long time to archive, but finally we're done :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-viii-by-eva-march-tappan/

Moving us to Completed projects.

Thank you all

Sonia
You are such a phenomenal bc Sonia, and I thank you for that!!
It has been my pleasure to read sections for this and all of the prior books as well as the current, 9, & the following.
April