[COMPLETE][HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY]World's Story 8: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, the Poles - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hopeforce1

Post by Hopeforce1 »

I would like to claim chapter 36 The blood-bath of Stockholm, please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hopeforce1 wrote: July 20th, 2019, 4:15 pm I would like to claim chapter 36 The blood-bath of Stockholm, please.
Hello Hopeforce, welcome to the World's Story project. Yes, this is already the 8th book in the series. 8-)

I'll gladly sign you up for Section 36, with the gruesome title :shock: Since you are new to the project, please read carefully through the first two posts. They will tell you all you need to know concerning the long intro disclaimer, the correct filenaming and how to deal with footnotes, if there are any in your text.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Have fun and thank you for your interest.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI Sonia,

I really tried to be the first submitting here, but I can't really compete with 5-minute stories...

Besides, an acceptance speech for a Nobel Prize is not easily crafted. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_044_tappan_128kb.mp3
26:01
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: July 21st, 2019, 1:26 amI really tried to be the first submitting here, but I can't really compete with 5-minute stories...
yes, sorry about that. But having a 26-minute-story in after only 2 days is a feat in itself :shock:
I can imagine :| well, I'm curious about that one. Will try to PL today, but I have a bit of a backlog right now, so it will probably be tomorrow.

Thank you !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I keep 9, 12, 16, 22, 31, 42, 46, and 65? Sorry about the extra work. Have a good day! Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 21st, 2019, 2:27 am May I keep 9, 12, 16, 22, 31, 42, 46, and 65? Sorry about the extra work. Have a good day! Jim :thumbs:
thank you for the clarification, Jim. I think I have the MW up-to-date now, but please check again if all the sections are assigned properly.

concerning 16: Foon has meanwhile claimed this section, so this one is not available anymore, or maybe you meant a different section ? :hmm:

@April: this means section 58 is again available, in case you are still interested in it

@Availle: and your previously desired sections 77, 92 and 104 are also again available, just in case you still want them

:)

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi Sonia, I would like to renew my offer on those three sections if that's okay with you. Thanks!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: July 21st, 2019, 4:10 am Hi Sonia, I would like to renew my offer on those three sections if that's okay with you. Thanks!
ok, cool, thank you !!! you got them

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Ok. I'll take 15. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 21st, 2019, 5:16 am Ok. I'll take 15. Jim
ah ok, yes that was one of your previous ones. I'll re-assign, thanks !

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Availle wrote: July 21st, 2019, 1:26 am HI Sonia,

I really tried to be the first submitting here, but I can't really compete with 5-minute stories...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_044_tappan_128kb.mp3
26:01
Hahaha! But it took me an half hour to decide how to pronounce 'Amundson.' And I think I still got it wrong!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote:Section 46 Bernardo
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume8_046_bernardo.mp3
First one in! But this is very short.
Section 40 Battle Song (time 2:23)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume8_040_tappan_128kb.mp3

It does not sound very martial I am afraid. It is a limitation of my recording equipment that I can only sing quietly. I will redo it as spoken word if you prefer.
wow, you were on a roll, Alan ! And congrats for "First one in" !

And a great job on all three of them. Especially Bernardo sounds so stern and dutiful, love the characterization. :9: And of course I love the song ! Well, no it may not sound too martial, but since it has a religious aspect as well, I guess the tune is fitting after all. Reminds me of another song you already did. So cool that the metric scheme fits so well on this one too. The poem of King Christian sounds slightly more martial in tone. :thumbs: All three PL ok.

Only one note as reminder: for the filename, please use "volume08" instead of simply "volume8". No need to reupload though, I'll change these now in my folder.

Thanks so much, and sorry for letting you wait so long this time. The weekend was a bit crazy.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Sonia

Thanks for all the complements. I am finding recording a bit easier but am just doing short bits for now.

Regarding the tune, I think all my improvisations basically sound the same.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 1:07 am Regarding the tune, I think all my improvisations basically sound the same.
:lol: I sometimes have the same problem when the metric is the same. Well, the tune is good, so why change a winning team ? :mrgreen:

I like it !

Sonia