KevinS

Post by KevinS »

aniroo wrote: July 7th, 2020, 10:40 am
Section 11 PL OK :clap: :clap:

Halfway Mark ! :D

Thanks,
aniroo
Thank you!

What did you think of this one? I was not quite sure where we were heading. And the end! Was all lost?
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

KevinS wrote: July 7th, 2020, 10:52 am
aniroo wrote: July 7th, 2020, 10:40 am
Section 11 PL OK :clap: :clap:

Halfway Mark ! :D

Thanks,
aniroo
Thank you!

What did you think of this one? I was not quite sure where we were heading. And the end! Was all lost?

I was pretty sure the horses had something to do with the coins, but not that they were counterfeit. :P
aniroo :wink:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Your DPL hasn't posted since August so I have flagged that we need a PLer

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: November 28th, 2020, 9:42 pm Your DPL hasn't posted since August so I have flagged that we need a PLer

Anne
Thank you, Anne. I should have done this myself but I kept hoping. I'm going to try to get another story recorded today.
zachh

Post by zachh »

I will be happy to DPL, or PL while waiting for a more experienced DPL, whichever would be better. I have never PLed before, but I have read the FAQ section and think I understand the parameters of the job. I will plan to listen to Section 1 later today if that is suitable. Thanks for being the DPL on my first book, I really appreciate it.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

zachh wrote: November 29th, 2020, 10:50 am I will be happy to DPL, or PL while waiting for a more experienced DPL, whichever would be better. I have never PLed before, but I have read the FAQ section and think I understand the parameters of the job. I will plan to listen to Section 1 later today if that is suitable. Thanks for being the DPL on my first book, I really appreciate it.
That would be great! Thank you!

I'm sure you'll do just fine. The PL level is standard, so you'll just have to listen for where I make repeats or other glitches. You need not follow the text while you listen and don't worry about pronunciation too much. (Me, I like to be told when I get a word wrong, but that's not your obligation. Place names, in particular, are difficult at times and variants, too. 'Route' is one example. I say 'root,' he says 'rout.' Or is it the other way 'round?)
zachh

Post by zachh »

I listened to Chapter 1 and the reading is great. I was not able to figure out how to download the file so I could run it through Checker to make sure of the volume and format, but I'm sure you already used Checker anyway. Am I supposed to go into the MW and change the PL window to OK, or does someone else do that? If it's me, how do I get in to do it? I'm sorry to have so many questions.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard - you'll be able to access the MW as soon as I've added you to the project - it's just taking a bit for the dpl list to update, when that has finished it will just be the same as BC access which you have used before.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

zachh wrote: November 29th, 2020, 2:47 pm I listened to Chapter 1 and the reading is great. I was not able to figure out how to download the file so I could run it through Checker to make sure of the volume and format, but I'm sure you already used Checker anyway. Am I supposed to go into the MW and change the PL window to OK, or does someone else do that? If it's me, how do I get in to do it? I'm sorry to have so many questions.
I love teaching.

When one listens to the recording, there are three button-like things at the far right of the 'lozenge' that first appears. If you click on the three dots, then a new lozenge appears that says 'Download' (or something like that.) The download goes on to your computer and you can then pull the file into the Checker box. (Even if a reader swears he or she has 'checked' the recording, I still check it myself. Not that I'm distrustful, but it's just good practice.)

And, yes, the DPL goes into the MW and changes the last (right) column entry from 'Ready for PL' to whatever is appropriate. Here it sounds like I get the PL OK!
zachh

Post by zachh »

Thank you both very much for all of your help. I am on a middle-aged Mac laptop using Safari, and at the end of the lozenge instead of three dots I see a rectangular box with a triangle poking into the bottom from below. When I clicked on it nothing happened, but I finally thought to try control+click(I think this is the same a right click on Windows), and that got me a drop-down menu with 'Download Video' on it, which worked great. Now I'll know what to do in future. I ran the file through Checker and it passed, and the volume is perfect at 89.1 db. I'll certainly mark it PL OK as soon as I get into the MW, I'll try later this evening and see if it's ready then.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

zachh wrote: November 29th, 2020, 3:15 pm Thank you both very much for all of your help. I am on a middle-aged Mac laptop using Safari, and at the end of the lozenge instead of three dots I see a rectangular box with a triangle poking into the bottom from below. When I clicked on it nothing happened, but I finally thought to try control+click(I think this is the same a right click on Windows), and that got me a drop-down menu with 'Download Video' on it, which worked great. Now I'll know what to do in future. I ran the file through Checker and it passed, and the volume is perfect at 89.1 db. I'll certainly mark it PL OK as soon as I get into the MW, I'll try later this evening and see if it's ready then.
I shouldn't assume everyone has my equipment and programs. (Who knows what I have?! Not me.)

Thank you!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Should have DPL access now - let me know if you have problems. Once you are in the MW you should just be able to change the status from ready for PL to see PL nortes or PL PK by just typing the first letter.

Anne